014

Concealed Promise

Sunggyu sat with Boohyun, Woohyun, Ryeowook and Shindong in the middle of his living room floor. They were playing a game of cards, joking around every chance they got. Ryeowook and Woohyun were already best friends, which surprised Sunggyu very much. He thought Ryeowook would hate Woohyun for ever, but apparently not. That made him happy, at least.

Ilhoon suddenly came rushing in to the room, followed by six other boys. They plopped down on the two couches in the room, laughing and teasing each other. Sunggyu took his head of Ryeowook's shoulder, studying each of the boys' faces. He recognized a couple of them from his old high school, and one as Ryeowook's best friend from middle school. Shindong suddenly paused the game so that he could look over at the boys as well.

“Kim Sunggyu?” one of the boys asked, studying Sunggyu up and down. “Wow, I hardly recognized you! Guys, it's Kim Sunggyu! You know, he was a senior last year!”

“I remember you!” another boy shouted, pointing at him. “You've changed so much! Aren't you that loner from school? You know, the one who was so shy and would barely talk to anyone? Yet you were the best in the music class?”

“I remember him!” yet another boy said, nodding his head. “Ilhoon, how come you didn't say he was your brother?”

“Yes, that's me,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head with a sigh.

“What happened to your glasses?” a boy with blonde hair asked.

“Yeah, and why is your hair short?” a boy with brown hair asked. “You actually look cool!”

“Guys, be nice,” Ilhoon ordered. “Hyung, these are my friends.”

“Wow, Gyu!” Woohyun cried, breaking out in laughter. “You really were a loner! I could barely believe it!”

“Shut up,” Sunggyu hissed, frowning at him.

“I know, right?” Boohyun asked, joining his brother. “Isn't it unbelieveable? Especially since he's so popular at school!”

“Sunggyu's POPULAR?!” the first boy cried with wide eyes. “Really?!”

“Be nice, Minhyuk,” Ilhoon said with a sigh.

“Yes, Sunggyu's very popular,” Woohyun said, nodding his head. “Everyone wants to be his friend. He's the best in our performance class... Well, WE'RE the best! And he's actually pretty loud and talkative around the school. Not to mention, our friends are the wild bunch.”

“Mainly Dongwoo and Sungyeol,” Boohyun added, laughing.

“Pretty much,” Woohyun replied, also laughing. “I swear, those two are going to kill me one day! I mean, who handcuffs and locks people in a closet?”

“SUNGGYU TOLD ME THEY DID THAT!” Ryeowook shouted, laughing loudly once again.

“Actually I told Shindong, you just butted in,” Sunggyu said, rolling his head. “Anyway, hi, I'm Kim Sunggyu. But you guys already know that.”

“Yep,” the blond guy said, nodding his head. “I'm Hyunsik!”

“And I'm Minhyuk,” the first guy said, grinning at Sunggyu.

“I'm Eunkwang,” the brown haired guy said, bowing at them.

“I'm Peniel,” the only guy with black hair said, smiling at them.

“And I'm Changsub,” the guy sitting next to Ilhoon and Sungjae said.

“You know me, hyung,” Sungjae said, laughing. “But I'm Sungjae.”

“It's nice to meet you, guys,” Sunggyu said, smiling warmly at them. “These are my friends. You probably know Shindong and Ryeowook from school...”

“We know them!” Minhyuk cried, nodding his head.

“Yeah, I remember them,” Peniel said, also nodding his head.

“Okay, good,” Sunggyu said, pointing at the still laughing Woohyun and Boohyun. “YAH! Both of you, shut up! Anyway, that's Woohyun and his older brother, Boohyun.”

“Hi,” Woohyun said, finally calming down and waving at them.

“You guys are seriously wild,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head.

“And you're seriously Sunggyu,” Woohyun said, sticking his tongue out at him.

“Yah, what's that supposed to mean?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

“I don't know,” Woohyun said, shrugging his shoulders.

The doorbell rang, causing everyone to look towards the door. Sunggyu watched as his mom ran down the stairs and towards the door. He watched anxiously as she opened it and revealed a hyper active Dongwoo and Sungyeol, with a calm Hoya right behind him. Sunggyu's and Woohyun's eyes widened as they exchanged glances with each other. They didn't understand why they were there, considering they just saw them this morning.

“Guys, who gave Sungyeol my address?” Sunggyu asked, looking at his friends.

“I did,” Ryewook said, shrugging his shoulders.

“GYU HYUNG!” Sungyeol shouted, rushing in to the room and jumping on Sunggyu's back. “I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!”

“You just saw me this morning,” Sunggyu said, pushing him off. “Yah, what are you guys doing here?”

“We were bored and decided to spend our break here,” Hoya said, shrugging his shoulders and slinging his arm around Woohyun's shoulders. “You guys just decided to leave us.”

“I said you guys could come next week,” Sunggyu said, groaning and ruffling his hair in annoyance. “Why'd you have to follow me?”

“Because it's really rude to leave your roommate, hyung,” Sungyeol said, pouting.

“Yeah, Woohyun, don't leave your roommate,” Dongwoo said, plopping down on Woohyun's lap.

“Get off me, Dongwoo,” Woohyun said, trying to shove Dongwoo off. “You're heavy!”

“Myunggie doesn't want to come,” Sungyeol said, causing Sunggyu to look at him. “He and Sungjong said they were going to their hometown and aren't coming here.”

“Well they can just be jerks and not come. I don't care,” Woohyun said, shrugging his shoulders. “They don't like you guys, anyway.”

“Yah, Myunggie LOVES me!” Sungyeol said, clasping his heart with his hands like he always does when talking about Myungsoo. “He's just shy.”

“As if,” Woohyun said, snorting.

“Sungyeol, I know for a fact that he does not love you,” Hoya said with a sigh. “I should know. I share a room with them.”

“But but but,” Sungyeol said, looking around the room. “But- ILHOONIE!”

“Hi Sungyeol hyung,” Ilhoon said, laughing as Sungyeol tackled him.

“I FINALLY GET TO MEET YOU IN PERSON!” Sungyeol shouted.

“Sungyeol, stop yelling,” Sunggyu ordered, rubbing his head. “We're all right here.”

“Why are there so many high schoolers in here?” Hoya asked, scanning the room.

“They're all Ilhoon's friends,” Sunggyu said, with a sigh. “Sheesh, there's way too many people in this room.”

“Reminds me of our dorm meetings,” Boohyun said, laughing.

“Except with more people,” Woohyun added. “Well, one more person than usual.”

“It's EXACTLY like our dorm meetings!” Sungyeol cried, clapping his hands in excitement. “Cause we always have fun!”

“Uh huh, sure,” Sunggyu said with a sigh.

“Sunggyu, can I talk to you?” Woohyun asked, looking expectantly at Sunggyu.

It was already a few days in to vacation, and everyone was getting along very well. Ilhoon had his friends over everyday, which meant the house was super loud. Sunggyu's mom loved having everyone over, considering she had nothing to do otherwise. Hoon was away for a business trip, but who should be back by the end of the week. Sunggyu couldn't wait to see him again.

The awkwardness was gone between Sunggyu and Woohyun, but they still haven't talked about the kiss or anything. They both thought it was time to talk about it, but neither of them had the courage to actually admit that. Sunggyu still wasn't sure whether he should confess or not. He definitely didn't want to ruin his friendship with Woohyun. He worked so hard to get Woohyun to be his friend, so he shouldn't throw that down the drain.

Sunggyu and his friends were all in the living room, watching a movie together. Sungyeol and Dongwoo were cuddled up on the floor, fast asleep. Hoya was sitting with Shindong and Ryeowook, neither of them paying attention to the movie. That left Woohyun and Sunggyu on the couch, who also wasn't watching the movie. Sunggyu sighed and nodded at Woohyun.

“Follow me,” Sunggyu said, leaving the room and heading up to his bedroom. They shut his bedroom door and locked it, both standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. “What did you want to talk about?”

“I think you know,” Woohyun said with a sigh. “We need to talk about that night. We can't just leave it hanging there.”

“We can just forget about it,” Sunggyu said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Do you really want to forget about it?” Woohyun asked, frowning.

“No, not really,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “But that's just me, but you can forget it if you want.”

“Hell, I would never want to forget it!” Woohyun cried. “Even if I did, I don't think I would be able to forget it.”

“True,” Sunggyu replied.

“So... Why did you kiss me?” Woohyun finally asked, looking at his hands.

“I... I don't know,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “I just... at that time I didn't know if I had feelings for you or not... It was just a spur of the moment thing. I was emotionally drained, and was excited about our win! So much was going through my head. I couldn't even process what happened because Sungyeol interrupted us! I just... don't know.”

“Do you have feelings for me?” Woohyun asked, sitting down on the bed.

“I-” Sunggyu said, frowning and looking at the ground.

“Sunggyu, answer me! Do you have feelings for me?” Woohyun asked again, staring at Sunggyu.

“I just-” Sunggyu said, taking a shaky breath. “I... Y-yes.”

“Sunggyu, sit down,” Woohyun said, patting the bed next to him. Sunggyu complied and shyly sat down next to him. “How long have you had feelings for me?”

“I-I don't know,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “I really don't know. I think maybe before we became friends. I just... I just know I fell in love with you. I'm in love with you right now, Nam Woohyun.”

“Why didn't you tell me before?” Woohyun asked, looking right in to Sunggyu's eyes.

“Because I was scared, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship,” Sunggyu admitting, shaking his head and looking away.

“Ah, I see,” Woohyun said, nodding his head and biting his lip.

“And what about you?” Sunggyu asked, looking up at him. “Do you have feelings for me?”

“Sunggyu,” Woohyun said with a sigh. “To be honest, I've... I've loved you since the first day I met you. I didn't know it until the night of the kiss. But now I know that I love you.”

“Really?” Sunggyu asked with wide eyes, shaking slightly. “Y-you love me?”

“Yes, which is why you don't need to be scared. Our friendship won't be ruined, it will only get better,” Woohyun assured him. “Cause Kim Sunggyu, I ing love you so much. Since I know your feelings, I have one question for you.”

“What's that?” Sunggyu asked, barely able to contain his happiness.

“Will you be my boyfriend?” Woohyun asked, looking right in to his eyes.

“Y-yes,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head repeatedly and throwing his arms around Woohyun. “Yes, I'll be your boyfriend!”

“FINALLY!” Sungyeol's voice shouted from the other side of the door. “GUYS! FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THEIR FEELINGS!”

“Yah,” Sunggyu cried, frowning and walking towards the door. He threw it open and his six friends fell over right on top of him.

“Do we ever get any privacy here?” Woohyun asked with a sigh, shaking his head at the five troublemakers.

“Nope, never!” Dongwoo said with a wide grin.

“Of course not,” Sunggyu said, pushing everyone off of him and standing up. “Just as expected from you guys.”

“You know you love us, Sunggyu hyung!” Ryeowook cried, laughing.

“Uh huh, sure I do,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes.

“You love Woohyun more,” Boohyun said, smirking.

“Actually, I do,” Sunggyu said, smiling over at his newly found boyfriend. “I love him a lot more than you guys.”


A/N Awww, I'm slacking >< I haven't written any chapters to this in a while... I mean, I had up to chapter 15 saved... I should start writing more! I mean, I was busy ending Where We Begin... I cried, okay? I was very emotional ending that story! 

Also, I've been busy writing My Son Is An Idol. But hey,now it's just this and that I have to update!! You guys should check it out! If you love the chaos in this, then you'll definitely love it!

Also, thankyu for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and reading! I love you all <3