023

Concealed Promise

Sunggyu and his friends walked into the restaurant their families booked for the night. They were holding a huge celebration for making it to finals. Sunggyu was keeping a hold on the money, planning on giving it to Woohyun and Boohyun. The other five agreed that the two of them deserved it, especially since they had nothing. They wanted more than anything to help the two of them.

SUNGGYU!” a voice shouted as he was pulled into a hug.

Ryeowook and Shindong swung him around in the air, making Sunggyu laugh softly. Once they set them down, his little brother came up to hug him as well. Sunggyu grinned and ruffled Ilhoon's hair, before turning to hug his parents as well. Ilhoon's friends were all there, cheering loudly and patting everyone's backs. It was a very happy meeting, to say the least.

Sunggyu hyung!” Sungyeol cried, pulling on Sunggyu's hand. “Come meet my family!”

Do I get to meet your family?” Woohyun asked, trying to balance on his good foot.

Yes! Come on!” Sungyeol cried, pulling them to the other side of the room. “Umma! Appa!”

Sungyeol!” a middle aged women cried with a wide smile.
“I'm so happy you made it!” Sungyeol cried, letting go of Sunggyu and hugging her.

It's been such a long time since I saw you, honey. How have you been?” the women asked, hugging him back, tightly.

Great, mama!” Sungyeol cried, pulling away from the hug. “Where's Daeyeollie?”

He went off with some kid over there,” she said, motioning to the other side of the room.

Oh, that's Moon Soo,” Woohyun stated, looking at the two young boys in the back. “He's Myungsoo's little brother.”

Myungsoo has a brother?” Sunggyu asked, looking at his boyfriend.

Yeah,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head. “He's a senior in high school.”

Just like Daeyeollie!” Sungyeol cried, grinning widely. “Daeyeollie is my little brother.”

Ah, I see,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head.

How old is Ilhoonie?” Sungyeol asked, frowning.

Don't you already know this?” Sunggyu asked him. “You talk to him all the time.”

I don't know,” Sungyeol said, shaking his head.

He's a freshman,” Woohyun stated, causing Sunggyu to nod his head.

See, even Woohyun knows!” Sunggyu cried, pointing at his boyfriend.

Well he's your boyfriend! He should know everything about your family!” Sungyeol cried.

That's a little creepy, Sungyeol,” Woohyun said, frowning. “I don't need to know everything about them. I just need to know whatever they tell me.”

Whatever you say,” Sungyeol replied, waving his hand in dismissal. Mama, Appa, this is Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun. They're in charge of us! Oh, and Gyu's my roommate! Oh, also I was at Gyu's house for fall break!”

It's nice to meet both of you,” Sungyeol's mom said, stepping up and shaking their hands. “Sungyeol talks about you guys ALL the time. All 6 of you, actually. He absolutely adores you guys. He definitely didn't have friends like you guys back in high school.”

Yeah, thank you for taking him in,” a man said, nodding his head in approval. “He's really happy here, and it's thanks to you guys.”

It's our pleasure,” Sunggyu said, grinning at them. “Sungyeol is definitely an interesting kid. It's fun getting to know him! He really knows how to brighten up our day!”

And ruin our dates,” Woohyun said under his breath, causing Sunggyu to slap the back of his head.

I'm glad,” Mrs. Lee replied, nodding her head. “Sungyeol's a good kid.”

Over here, mom,” a new voice said as Dongwoo came walking over to them, with a woman following right behind him.

Guys, this is my mother,” Dongwoo said, smiling at everyone. “Mom, this is Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungyeol. Woohyun's the leader of our band, and Woohyun's my roommate. They both pretty much take care of us all the time.”

Oh, it's nice to meet you, boys,” Mrs. Jang said with an identical grin to her son's. “Dongwoo has told me a lot about you guys.”

You two must be famous,” Mrs. Lee said, causing them to laugh and shake their heads.

They're definitely famous here. Especially Sunggyu,” Dongwoo said, laughing. “Everyone loves him. Either they want to get with him, or they at least want to work with him. However, that's never gonna happen, cause we take up all his attention... And he has a boyfriend.”

Oh, so you have a boyfriend?” Mrs. Jang asked, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

Yeah, I do,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head shyly.

And who is that?” she asked him. “He must be one lucky man!”

It's me,” Woohyun said, waving at her.

Oh really?” the woman asked, turning on him. “You two are a cute couple.”

Thank you,” Woohyun said, grinning at her.

SUNGGYU!” a new voice cried, causing them to turn on Hoya. “Get over here!”

How about you come over here? I'm talking to people!” Sunggyu cried.

I don't want to come over there!” Hoya cried.

Well I don't want to go over there!” Sunggyu answered.

EVERYONE!” a new voice shouted as Sunggyu's step father went up to stand in front of everyone. “Hey guys, thanks for joining all of us here! Maybe we should introduce our families? Can each of the boys come up here and introduce their family members to everyone? Since I'm already up here... SUNGGYU!”

Aish, I don't want to go,” Sunggyu whined, but stomped up there anyway. “Annyeong guys, my name is-”

Nam Woohyun!” a voice shouted as a couple came stomping into the restaurant.

Everyone stopped talking and watched as they made their way inside. Boohyun's and Woohyun's eyes widened in surprise as they both backed up to where Sunggyu was now standing. Without any questions, Sunggyu took Woohyun into his arms, protectively. Boohyun looked like he was about to explode. This made Sunggyu very unsure of what to think.

Y-you!” Boohyun cried, staying back next to Sunggyu's mom. “W-why are you here?”

We heard our SON was performing tonight. We had to see him,” the lady replied, shrugging her shoulders.

Son? What son? You abandoned us!” Boohyun cried, shaking his head. “You can't say you're disowning us and then show up just like that! Get out of here!”

We can do whatever we like! We're your parents,” the man growled, stomping over to Boohyun.

Leave them alone,” Hoon said sternly, stepping in front of Boohyun and Woohyun to protect them.

Get out of my way,” the man growled, spitting on Hoon's shoe.

No, I'm not letting you anywhere near them,” Hoon replied, glaring at him.

Who are you to tell me to stay away from my kids?” the man asked, flexing his knuckles.

Their guardian,” Hoon spat. “I'm the one who took them in after you ruthlessly abandoned them with no money or anything.”

You son of a-”

No you don't,” another man said, grabbing the man's swinging fist before it could hit Hoon.

Get off of me!” the man shouted, trying to shrug him off.

I'm surprised by you, Sunghyun,” a new voice said as a man who looked very much like Myungsoo walked up. “Myungsoo told me everything you did to your boys. I couldn't believe him at first. You were always a close friend of mine. Sure you were never around and I took care of your son FOR you, but we were still friends.”

Yet he was never a good father,” yet another man said as supposedly Sungjong's father.

Get out of here, both of you,” Myungsoo's parents hissed at the couple. “Get out and leave the boys alone, or else I'm calling the police on you. You will never touch these boys ever again!”

You can't tell me what to do, Jonghyun,” Woohyun's father shouted, turning on Myungsoo's father. “I have every right to-”

Abuse your children? Abandon them? Leave them with nothing?” Sungjong's father asked, frowning. “No you don't. No father has the right to do that.”

Now I'm going to count to ten, and you guys better be far away from here,” Jonghyun stated, backing away.

The hell Jonghyun?! You can't force me to leave!” Sunghyun cried, trying to to yank himself out of who Sunggyu could have sworn was Hoya's dad's grip.

Get the hell out of here, now,” Hoya's dad growled. “I'll call security right now! This is someone else's restaurant, do you know that? They have the authority to kick you out. If you don't know, I myself am a cop. I can arrest you right here and now.”

Get the away from me!” Sunghyun shouted, throwing Hoya's dad aside and stomping right up to Boohyun, grabbing his collar. “You listen here, son-”

Get off him!” Hoon cried, pushing him away and glaring at him.

The police are on their way,” Sungyeol's father called, placing his phone into his pocket.

And you have one right here,” Hoya's dad said, taking out two pairs of handcuffs.

Hell, you can't do this!” Mr. Nam shouted as Hoya's dad tackled him, handcuffing him.

Myungsoo's dad, Jonghyun, proceeded to handcuff Mrs. Nam, who didn't struggle at all. She was just very pale. Sunggyu could feel Woohyun trembling against his body, and he pulled him closer to comfort him. They ignored everything else that was going on as Sunggyu brought Woohyun's face up to meet his eyes. Woohyun had tears streaming down his cheeks.

It's okay, Woohyun,” Sunggyu whispered. “Don't worry about anything. No matter what, you are safe. We're here for you.”

G-gyu,” Woohyun cried, shaking his head.

Shh,” Sunggyu whispered, before pulling him into a kiss to shut him up.

The kiss was enough to distract Woohyun. Sunggyu could hear Mr. Nam shouting insults at them, but he just ignored it. He pulled Woohyun closer to him, keeping him in a strong hold. He knew the kiss comforted Woohyun, and he wanted to do just that. He didn't want him to suffer, especially tonight.

Sunggyu broke the kiss as soon as the doors were thrown open. A few cops came in, taking hold of Woohyun's and Boohyun's parents. They had a few words with the adults in the room, before dragging the two out. Hoya's dad followed them out, telling them about everything that happened. When they were out of the room, Woohyun completely broke down, dropping to the floor.

Woohyun!” Boohyun cried, running over to his brother and pulling him into a hug.

Why did they come back?” Woohyun whispered. “Especially tonight? Tonight was supposed to be special!”

It can still be special, Woohyun-ah,” Boohyun said, pulling his brother's face up so that he could look at him. “You still haven't celebrated your win. Just forget all of this happened, okay? You have way better things to think about.”

B-but I can't,” Woohyun cried, shaking his head.

You can too,” Sunggyu replied, also dropping down next to him. “Woohyun, be strong for me, okay? My mom and Hoon are here for you! We're here for you! Our friends are here for you! Every single person in the room wants to protect you.”

Gyu,” Woohyun said, looking up at his boyfriend.

Now settle down and let's celebrate!” Sunggyu said, pulling Woohyun back up and hugging him once again.

But I-”

No buts,” Sunggyu ordered, before kissing him once more. “Forget it.”

But-”

Sunggyu pecked his lips over and over again until Woohyun finally shut up. Silence fell around the whole room as Woohyun finally responded to the kiss. They deepened the kiss, forgetting all of the events that had just happened. Sunggyu smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer, keeping a strong grip on Woohyun. When they pulled away, Sunggyu looked right into his eyes.

Are you okay now?” Sunggyu asked him.

Definitely!” Woohyun replied, nodding his head.

Good,” Sunggyu said, smiling at his boyfriend. “I'm glad.”

And it's all because of you,” Woohyun added.

Well, that's my goal. To be my boyfriend, you always have to be happy,” Sunggyu told him.

Then I must be doing a good job,” Woohyun replied, before laughing and kissing Sunggyu back with a wide grin on his face.

At least you're happy,” Sunggyu said into his lips, deepening the kiss once more.


A/N A little angst on Woohyun's birthday... Sorry guys. Not writing to Where We Begin is getting to me, I guess >< Don't worry, the Nam parents aren't going to be showing up again.

As I promised, here's an update for... NAM WOOHYUN'S BIRTHDAY!!!! WOOOO!!!! SOOOOOO Woohyun is my ultimate bias and I've been super exotic about his birthday coming up! Now here we go, he's finally 23 (24 Korean age) today!!! Yay!! :D Happy happy birthday Nam Woohyun! <3 I had this chapter ready for you for a while, but I HAD to post it today! Kekeke.

Oh, by the way, so I'm helping behind the scenes in the 2013 AFF Awards with categorizing all the submissions before they are but on the actually award section. I just found out that TWO of my stories were nominated!!!! THIS ONE HERE WAS NOMINATED FOR BEST INFINITE SCHOOL LIFE!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! Please please please go support me on AFF Awards and vote for A University Dream! Also please vote for Where We Begin as Best Infinite Angst!! I'll really love you guys!! Thankyu!! Also, they're not posted YET, but they WILL be later today! :D

Also, thank you so so so so much for commenting and subscribing! I ALMOST have 150 subscribers for here!!! Isn't that exciting??

Also, LiZzYkInS100 just reviewed this story for me as her practice review for our new request shop, Hysterie!! She gave me 93.5%!! Please check us out if you want a review, you have a recommendation or you want graphics made!! :D Click on the stamp to get to our shop! :D