029

Concealed Promise

The seven boys walked into the building of Woollim Entertainment, looking around with amazement. They have never been inside an Entertainment building, so this was like a new adventure for them. Different trainees ran around, shouting things at each other as the boys passed through. None even cared about the seven how had just arrived. Woohyun looked at his boyfriend before smiling and taking his hand.

“Hyung, I really can’t wait,” he whispered as they made their way over to Lee Jungyeop’s office.

“We’re entering the idol life, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu replied, knocking on the CEO’s door. “Everything’s going to change.”

“Come in!” a voice cried from inside.

The seven boys entered into the office. Inside was their parents, who were sitting around, talking to the CEO with wide smiles on their faces. Boohyun was also there, sitting calmly next to Sunggyu’s parents. The second they saw the boys, they all started cheering and clapping their hands. The seven grinned at them, before piling next to each other on the couch on the other side of the room.

“I didn’t think seven people could fit on that couch,” the CEO said, laughing. “Welcome boys.”

“It’s a pleasure to be here,” Sunggyu replied, smiling at him. “So what will we be discussing?”

“Your debut, of course,” Jungyeop said, smiling at the boys and then looking at the family members in the room. “So which kid is whose?”

“Well, Nam Woohyun is my brother, but I’ll be vouching for him... since we have no parents,” Boohyun stated, motioning towards Woohyun who was sitting on Sunggyu’s lap. “In reality his guardian is the Jungs right here. They’re Sunggyu’s parents. My name is Nam Boohyun.”

“We’re Jung Hoon and Kim Soojin,” Sunggyu’s stepfather said, gesturing between him and his wife. “Sunggyu’s parents.”

“I’m Kim Jonghyun,” Myungsoo’s father said. “This is my wife, Ji-eun. We’re Myungsoo’s parents.”

“And I’m Lee Kiseop and this is my wife, Jihyun. We’re Sungjong’s parents,” Sungjong’s father introduced, smiling at the CEO.

“I’m Jang Hyunseung. I’m Dongwoo’s father,” Dongwoo’s father introduced. “This is my wife, Sunghee.”

“I’m Lee Kikwang, and my wife’s name is Miyeon,” Hoya’s father said. “We’re Hoya’s parents.”

“And lastly, we’re Lee Joon and Lee Ji Seok,” Sungyeol’s father said. “We’re Sungyeol’s parents.”

“It’s nice to meet all of you. Thank you for coming out today,” Lee Jungyeop said, smiling at everyone. “So I guess we have a contract to discuss?”

“What will the trainee period be like?” Sunggyu asked, playing with Woohyun’s hair.

“For now, we’ll just train you in vocal lessons. Once you deem ready enough, we’ll start recording songs for your album. Since you won the contest, you guys need barely any vocal training. I can tell each of you are great dancers-”

“Not Sunggyu,” Hoya stated, causing Sunggyu to glare at him. “Sorry, just kidding. Please continue.”

“As I was saying, after we work on song recordings, we’ll set you up with a choreographer,” the CEO continued. “He’ll put together dances for your first album. Tonight, however, I want you all to move into your dorm. You will be living with Kim Jungryeol, your manager and vocal instructor. We’re working on hiring a new vocal instructor and two other managers for you guys. Once you fully debut, he will only be your manager. Inside the dorms, there are three rooms. Three of you will have Jungryeol in your room. The other rooms will have two each. We-”

“Can we pick our roommates?” Sungyeol asked with a wide smile.

“Well, I would think Sunggyu and Woohyun would want a room to themselves,” the CEO stated, staring at the couple. “Otherwise, I already chose the rooms. Dongwoo will be rooming with Myungsoo, and the other three will be with Jungryeol.”

“I don’t get to room with Myunggie?!” Sungyeol asked with wide eyes, staring at the boss as if he were a deer caught in the headlights.”

“I didn’t know you wanted to be,” the boss said, frowning.

“I do! I do! I do!” Sungyeol cried, nodding his head enthusiastically. “I wanna be roomies with Myunggie! I always wanted to, but I never get to! I’m always stuck with Gyu hyung here.”

“Is there something wrong with being stuck with me?” Sunggyu asked, frowning. “I thought I was your best friend or something.”

“Well, you are,” Sungyeol said, turning on him. “But I don’t wanna be your roommate anymore, cause I wanna be Myunggie’s. Besides, I won’t be your roommate now! He’s rooming you with your hubby! You’ll like that more anyway!”

“I never said I wanted to be your roommate,” Myungsoo said, frowning when he caught on to what Sungyeol was implying. “I think I’ll be fine with Dongwoo being my roommate. You’re too loud, anyway. I’ll let Hoya and Sungjong deal with you.”

“No no no! I want YOU as my roommate!” Sungyeol cried, shaking his head repeatedly. “Mr. CEO, can I PLEASE have Myunggie as my roommate? Please please please? Dongwoo can room with Hoya and Sungjong!”

“How about we put the three maknaes in the same room with the manager,” Sunggyu suggested. “That way they won’t think to even try causing any trouble.”

“I agree with you there, Sunggyu-sshi,” the CEO said, nodding his head. “Alright, so then that’s settled. Sungyeol, Sungjong and Myungsoo will room with Jungryeol, and Hoya and Dongwoo will have the last room.”

“YES!” Sungyeol cheered, pumping his fist in the air. “Thank you Mr. CEO!”

“Now that that’s settled, I need all of you to sign this five year contract. Once five years are up, the seven of you can resign it if you want, or you can resign if you so wish. Each of your parents will also sign it,” the CEO told them. “After that’s signed, the parents can go. However, I will need Sunggyu to stay here so that he can sign the lease on your guys’ dorm. As the leader, Sunggyu, you are in charge of everything that goes on within the dorms. You are also in charge of making sure everyone is in time for their schedules and does everything the company asks of them.”

“Yes sir,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

“Alright, let’s get started.”

A Year Later

They went through the dance for the hundredth time, the choreographer watching their moves very closely. Sungyeol kept skipping a move, making it so that they would have to start all over again. They were shooting for perfection, because this was the dance they needed for their debut song. Their debut was set for a few weeks time, yet Sunggyu didn’t think they were anywhere near ready. They still had to film their music video, and there was still so many mistakes.

“Lee Sungyeol!” Sunggyu cried when Sungyeol messed up once again. “This dance is NOT HARD! Destiny and Request were harder than this! I don’t know why you’re having so much trouble with it! We’ve been practicing this from almost a month now! We learned the other dances in just three weeks. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME! ALL OF YOU!”

“Are you trying to sing High School Musical, hyung?” Woohyun asked, trying to lighten up his boyfriend’s mood.

“No I’m not!” Sunggyu cried angrily, causing Woohyun to frown and back away. “Now let us-“

“How about you boys take a break,” a new voice said as Jungryeol walked into the room. “Besides, it’s time you guys meet the other two managers who will be working with us.”

“We have more managers?” Sungyeol cried, bouncing around happily as Jungryeol nodded. “Yay!”

“Here they come,” Jungryeol said as two men walked in. One was tall and muscular, while the other was shorter and looked to be about Sunggyu’s age. “Boys, this is Geonam and Hyoan. They’ll be working directly under me, but they will be the ones who mainly attend your schedules. I’ll be working in the office a lot with Jungyeop, but I will also be going to your international schedules. Please show them some deep respect, will you?”

“Yes sir!” the boys cried, nodding at Jungryeol.

“How about each of you introduce yourselves to them?” Jungryeol suggested. “Sunggyu?”

“Right,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head. “Hello, I’m the leader, Kim Sunggyu.” He bowed politely and smiled at the two new managers.

“I’m Jang Dongwoo,” Dongwoo said with a wide grin on his face, also bowing.

“Nam Woohyun,” Woohyun said quietly, refusing to look at anyone.

“Woohyun, are you alright?” Hoya asked, frowning at his slightly older friend.

“Fine,” Woohyun whispered, causing Hoya to frown.

“Um, I’m Lee Howon,” Hoya told the managers, before looking back at Woohyun.

“I’m Lee Sungyeol!” Sungyeol cried, ignoring any negative energy in the room as he continued to jump around excitedly.

“The kangaroo,” Myungsoo said, rolling his eyes. “I’m Kim Myungsoo.”

“And I’m the maknae, Lee Sungjong,” Sungjong concluded, giving the new managers a polite bow.

“It’s nice to meet you boys,” the younger guy said. “I’m Hyoan.”

“And I’m Geonam,” the other one said, smiling at each of the boys. “Please think of us as older brothers. We’re always willing to help you no matter what. We want to be there for you all.”

“So you’ll be like a Boohyun hyung to us!” Sungyeol cried, laughing giddily.

“Who?” Hyoan asked, frowning.

“Woohyun’s brother,” Myungsoo explained. “He’s always been there for us when we were at the college. He always made sure nothing happened to us, and he was the one we went to talk to if we needed anything.”

“Oh, I see,” Hyoan said, smiling. “He sounds like a great guy.”

“The best!” Sungyeol replied, nodding his head.

“Settle down, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo said, rolling his eyes.

“Anyway, you boys just sit and rest for a little while. The three of us needs to go talk with Jungyeop,” Jungryeol ordered them.

“Neh hyung!” the seven cried together, watching the three managers leave the room, followed by their choreographer.

The seven fell silent, everyone turning on Woohyun. He slowly walked away from them to the corner, so that he could be alone. Instead of going to talk to him, Sunggyu went the opposite way, leaving the room. Each of the boys frowned and looked at each other, before following Woohyun to the corner. They didn’t like seeing this side of Woohyun. The two of them never fought.

“Woohyun hyung?” Sungjong asked, placing his hand on his childhood friend’s shoulder. “Talk to us. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” he whispered, refusing to look at them.

“No you’re not. You’re crying,” Hoya stated, noticing the tears that were falling down Woohyun’s cheeks. “Hyun… Did you and Sunggyu fight?”

“N-no,” Woohyun lied, causing each of them to exchange glances. Woohyun refused to tell them that he and his boyfriend did in fact fight that morning.

“Woohyun, this is SO not you! You’re usually way stronger than hyung is,” Dongwoo stated, pulling Woohyun’s chin up so that he could look into his eyes. “Tell us, what’s wrong.”

“It’s nothing!” Woohyun cried, jumping up and pushing them out of the way before rushing out the door.

He continued to run, not watching where he was going. He didn’t want to be stuck in a room with the seven of their curious eyes. He just wanted to be alone. Without noticing it, he bumped into someone and fell over. The fall made him hit his head on the wall.

“Sorry,” Sunggyu’s voice said from above him. “Are you… Oh… Woohyun…”

“I’m fine,” Woohyun said, trying to push himself while rubbing his head.

“Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, bending down and pulling Woohyun into a hug. “Look, I’m sorry, okay?”

“You aren’t-“

“Woohyun, it’s the stress of everything going on. We’re debuting soon and everything is just tiring me out. I took it all out on you this morning, and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you this morning, and I didn’t mean to snap at you in the dance room,” Sunggyu blurted out, hugging Woohyun tightly. “I’m really sorry. Please forgive me.”

“Hyung,” Woohyun whispered, hugging him back.

“Please forgive me,” Sunggyu said once again. “We have so much going on. We want to be okay for our debut, don’t we?”

“Yes, we do,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head against Sunggyu’s chest. “We do.”

“Yeah,” Sunggyu sighed. “I’m sorry. L-let’s go back. We have a debut to prepare for.”


A/N OMG! How long has it been?! I'm so so so so so so so sorry! I'm getting so bad at updating :( Well, here's the next chapter for you guys... One more chapter left, guys. Just one more :/

AND IT'S LEE SUNGYEOL'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!! YAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR BELOVED YEOLLIE!!!!!! <3