009

Concealed Promise

“ Woohyun, I'm not doing this alone!” Sunggyu cried, glaring at the younger man.

They were sitting in Sunggyu's room Sunday night. They were supposed to be dusting and vacuuming the rooms. So far it was just Sunggyu doing the work, who was more than frustrated. He still had a paper to finish, but Woohyun was making that hard on him. They had four other rooms after this left to do.

“You can do it,” Woohyun stated, opening up Sunggyu's laptop.

“Yah! Don't you dare touch my things!” Sunggyu growled, stomping over to Woohyun and slamming his laptop shut.

“You're going to break it yourself if you do that,” Woohyun said, looking up at Sunggyu.

“The hell if I care right now. Help me clean!” Sunggyu cried, throwing a rag at him.

“You told me not to touch your stuff,” Woohyun said, shrugging his shoulders.

“You can touch Sungyeol's! Clean that half of the room,” Sunggyu said, pushing Woohyun towards the other side of the room. “Get started.”

“Stop nagging,” Woohyun said, frowning at him.

“I'll nag all I want,” Sunggyu said, glaring at him. “Now clean!”

Woohyun grumbled out something, but did as Sunggyu said. Sunggyu really hated working with him and wanted to get this done as soon as possible. As long as he didn't have to spend his WHOLE night with this guy, then he would be fine. Sunggyu just wanted to get his work done and then get some sleep. Even though it was the weekend, he still had like no sleep this whole weekend.

Sunggyu started dusting his own dresser drawer, being careful not to knock anything off. He glanced over at Woohyun, who was actually concentrating really hard on his task. Sungyeol walked into the room shortly after, spotting the two hard at work. He smiled and sat down on his bed, watching them closely. Suddenly, Woohyun dropped the cloth and started whining.

“Sunggyu, I dropped the cloth,” he said, turning to the older male.

“Pick it up,” Sunggyu said, not looking away from the task.

“But it's on the ground. It's gross!” Woohyun cried.

“Then get a new one!” Sunggyu cried, turning on him.

“But where do I get them?” Woohyun asked.

“Just follow me,” Sunggyu said, putting his rag down and walking to the bathroom/coat closet.

He stepped inside, with Woohyun following closely behind. The second he was inside the closet, someone pushed Woohyun in and slammed the door. The bad thing about that was that the closet locked from the outside. This meant they were locked inside the closet. Tonight was definitely not going well.

“The hell?” Sunggyu asked, turning around and bumping into Woohyun. “Yah! Get off me!”

“But I'm afraid of the dark,” Woohyun stated.

“Wow, you're such a baby tonight. What happened to your bad boy attitude?” Sunggyu asked, before pounding on the door. “Yah! Lee Sungyeol! You better let us out of here!”

He was answered with the slamming of a door leading outside. Sunggyu groaned and hit the door again. There was definitely NOT enough room in this small closet for the both of them. Woohyun started having a mental break down, which meant he wasn't lying about being afraid of the dark. Sunggyu wasn't sure what to do at this point.

“Just calm down,” Sunggyu told him, his eyes adjusting to the dark. “Did you bring your phone with you? Mine's on my bed.”

“No,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “Mine's out there as well.”

“Well shoot,” Sunggyu said, plopping down on the ground. “This is going to be a long night! Now I won't be able to get my homework done!”

“What time is the paper due, anyway?” Woohyun asked, probably so he could distract his mind from the fear he was feeling.

“Midnight,” Sunggyu stated.

“What class is it for?” Woohyun asked.

“Music Theory,” Sunggyu told him.

“We had HOMEWORK in that class?!” Woohyun cried, hitting his arm against the wall.

“Yes, we had homework in that class. Did you even do it?” Sunggyu asked, raising his eyebrows.

The two of them had Music Theory, Hangul and the performance class together. Sunggyu wasn't surprised that Woohyun didn't know they had homework. He's always sleeping in class, anyway. Sunggyu just sighed and shook his head, forgetting about the topic. He'd rather not talk about it.

“Your friend's an idiot,” Woohyun said, after a few minutes of silence.

“Yah, don't talk about my friend like that,” Sunggyu growled, looking up at him.

“Well he is,” Woohyun stated, shrugging his shoulders.

“No he isn't,” Sunggyu hissed, glaring at him.

“Think what you want,” Woohyun said, shrugging his shoulders and looking away again. “Damn, I really hate the dark.”

“Well maybe you deserve this,” Sunggyu stated, rolling his eyes and looking at the ceiling.

“Who would ever have to deserve THIS?!” Woohyun cried, turning on Sunggyu again.

“Obviously you,” Sunggyu replied, his chapped lips.

“Obviously you don't know what you're talking about, jerk,” Woohyun hissed, crossing his arms.

“I think I DO know what I'm talking about!” Sunggyu recoiled.

“And what is that?” Woohyun asked him.

“You are a stuck up bastard who doesn't know how to be nice to other people,” Sunggyu told him.

“You're a bastard too,” Woohyun replied, rolling his eyes.

“You were the bastard first. Maybe on that bus you could've been more kind to me. I was SLEEPING! I didn't know I fell asleep on you. I didn't even know I drooled in my sleep! Do you know how embarrassed I was after you said that? You didn't even give me a chance to apologize!” Sunggyu cried, shaking his head in disappointment. “And since that day you've been a bastard towards me. You know, I didn't want enemies.”

This shut Woohyun up. He stared at the wall as he processed everything Sunggyu said. Sunggyu just sighed and closed his eyes, hoping he could get out of here soon. He really wanted to get that paper done. Sitting here and talking about this with Woohyun wasn't helping at all.

“Why don't you apologize now, then?” Woohyun asked, causing Sunggyu to open his eyes and glare at him.

“Do you think I want to now? After everything you've done to me? You know, if it wasn't for my friends in high school, I would've been bullied every single day. I changed so that I wouldn't be bullied. Yet here you are, bullying me every day,” Sunggyu told him, kicking the door with his foot. “I don't appreciate any of this. Do you really think I want to apologize to you for something as stupid as that?”

“Oh,” Woohyun said, nodding his head and looking away. “Why do you say you were almost bullied at school?”

“Because I was a stupid geek who wore thick rimmed glasses and never talked to anyone! I was shy and a loner. I was an easy target. I was very gullible and vulnerable!” Sunggyu shouted, not wanting to remember any of his school days. “Only Ryeowook and Shindong could protect me! The three of us had to stand up for my little brother so he wouldn't have to go through the same thing as me! Yet I couldn't even help him!”

“I didn't know you had a brother,” Woohyun said, looking back at Sunggyu.

“He's my half brother,” Sunggyu replied. “He's a freshman in high school. I was at his school when he was in Kindergarten and first grade. That's the only time I could make sure he was safe at school. Luckily enough, he actually has a whole group of older classmen looking after him at school. His best friend went to the same high school as him. That's all I can ask for.”

“Where are your friends? The ones you mentioned earlier?” Woohyun asked.

“Shindong starts tomorrow at a media college in Taiwan. He wants to be a producer. Ryeowook left for the States a week ago to go to the University of Phoenix. He wants to be a psychiatrist,” Sunggyu told him. “They're far away from me. I knew they would be leaving to different countries, which meant I had to prepare myself to be strong and stand up for myself.”

“Oh,” Woohyun said, slowly nodding his head just as the door opened up.

“Looks like you two are getting along now,” Sungyeol said, smiling at the two. “I'll let you out now.”

“Sungyeol, I'm going to kill you,” Sunggyu hissed, standing up and getting out of the closet. “I have a paper I have to type! It's due in three hours! I really hate you!”

“You do?” Sungyeol asked with wide eyes. “Oh my god, hyung! I didn't know! I'm sorry!”

“Just get out. Go hang out with Dongwoo or something,” Sunggyu said, before turning on Woohyun. “And you better go type your own paper! We'll finish cleaning tomorrow or something.”

Once the two of them were gone, Sunggyu sighed and plopped down on his bed. He thought about what he said to Woohyun, and wondered what that meant. Was Woohyun finally lightening up to him? Maybe they COULD be friends. Sunggyu didn't really know if he WANTED to be friends with Woohyun. Yet maybe he could change him, and also find out why he's the way he is.

Sighing in frustrated, Sunggyu rid his mind of those thoughts before opening his computer. He was thinking too much and just needed to focus on the paper. Before he could even click on the word icon, his messenger popped up. It was a message from Shindong. Sighing, he opened the message up to see what it was.

Shin DaWg:

Hey kid, hows it going? Are you making any friends?

Hamster Gyu:

Yah, you know I'm making friends! This school loves me!

Shin DaWg:

Oh, so you're popular then?

Hamster Gyu:

I am, thank you very much So how have you been, Hyung?

Shin DaWg:

Awww, is my little maknae worried about me?

Hamster Gyu:

Just answer the question.

Shin DaWg:

Oooh, snippy! Well, I've been good! Just moved in to my dorm!

Hamster Gyu:

How's Taiwan?

Shin DaWg:

Great! It's so different from Korea, though. Chinese people EVERYWHERE!

Hamster Gyu:

Well, at least they're Asian. Wookie's gonna be stuck with Americans for ever.

Shin DaWg:

You two are lucky, you know. You get to live in Seoul. He gets to live in America. I'm stuck in Taiwan.

Hamster Gyu:

Well at least you got to leave the country. My parents don't even have enough money to send me out of the country. Seoul's the best I can do.

Shin DaWg:

How is Seoul, anyway?

Hamster Gyu:

The best place ever! Except when my friends decide to BETRAY me and tie me up to my worst enemy! Not to mention locking us in a closet together!

Creeper Wook:

Woah, they did that?

Shin DaWg:

The hell man, where'd you come from?

Hamster Gyu:

Nice to just pop up on us!

Shin DaWg:

You really live up to your name!

Creeper Wook

The creeper.

Why did you even name yourself Creeper Wook?

It sounds so weird.

Weirdo

I don't understand you.

Weirdo.

Weird.

Weird.

Hamster Gyu:

Stop spamming, hyung. I think we both get it.

Creeper Wook:

Yeah, we get it hyung. And I'm Creeper Wook because I'm the mastermind of CREEPY!

Shin DaWg:

Whatever you say. rolls eyes and points a gun at Wookie* You're dead.

Creeper Wook:

Why am I dead? What did I do?

Hamster Gyu:

Look guys, I need to go. I have a paper I have to type that's due in less than three hours! I lost more than enough time working on it because my stupid roommate decided to lock me in a closet with that Nam bastard.

Creeper Wook:

Isn't that 'Nam bastard' Boohyun hyung's brother?

Hamster Gyu:

Yes he is. He's definitely not like how Boohyun described him to be. But Boohyun already apologized to me for that. Did you know Boohyun's the RA in my dorm building? I see him all the time!

Creeper Wook:

That's awesome! Tell him I say hi!!!!! All the way from AMERICA!!!! Hahaha, it's awesome over here, guys! I never want to leave! America's the best!

Hamster Gyu:

That's cool hyung. Okay, I'm logging off.

 

Sunggyu exited out of the chat and set his settings to invisible. It's nice talking to his friends every once in a while. But right now that didn't matter. He had to get this paper done before his teacher killed him. She won't even accept late work.

With that in mind, Sunggyu opened up a word document and got to work. Time to push everything aside so he can focus. Hopefully Sungyeol won't come in and disturb his peace. That would really throw him off. Yet that's the least of his worries right now.


A/N Decided to be nice and update once again! WooGyu will be friends very soon, just so you guys know ;D

Anyway, thanks for reading and subscribing and upvoting! I'll post the next chapter tomorrow! Oh, and please comment!!

PS: Guess what I got for Christmas!! I got Infinite H's album and the Inspirit album!!! Woooo!!