016

Concealed Promise

The last day of vacation came and everyone was piling in the cars to go back to school. Myungsoo and Sungjong had already left in their car. Hoya and Dongwoo left next, leaving Sungyeol to ride with Boohyun, Sunggyu and Woohyun. The second they made it outside, Sungyeol locked himself in the front seat. That didn't bug anyone, since Woohyun and Sunggyu wanted the back seat anyway.

Sunggyu sighed and scooted in to the car, followed by Woohyun. The three of them waited for Boohyun to get there so they could leave. Boohyun was busy packing the car, making sure they had everything they needed. Once he got in the car, Sunggyu's friends and family came running over to the car. Ryeowook started pounding on the window, causing Boohyun to sigh and roll it down.

What's up?” he asked.

Tell Sunggyu that he needs to stop being old!” Ryeowook cried, laughing loudly.

Yah!” Sunggyu cried, opening the door and jumping out of the car. “Get back here!”

Nope!” Ryeowook cried, running away from him.

Ryeowook, get over here! I mean it!” Sunggyu shouted, chasing him back in to the house.

Never!” Ryeowook replied, laughing loudly.

I really hate you right now!” Sunggyu cried, cornering him in the living room.

Come on, hyung,” Woohyun said, following him in to the living room and wrapping his arms around his waist. “Leave him alone.”

No,” Sunggyu replied, trying to struggle out of Woohyun's hold.

Hyung, we need to go. Don't worry about what he says,” Woohyun stated, pulling him backwards. “Let's go.”

Listen to your lover boy, Grandpa Gyu!” Ryeowook shouted, laughing at him.

Yah! You better shut the hell up right now!” Sunggyu cried as Woohyun pulled him away. “I mean it!”

Come on, hyung,” Woohyun said again, shaking his head at Sunggyu's actions. “You're just as bad as Sungyeol.”

No I'm not,” Sunggyu growled, crossing his arms and following him to the car.

Whatever you say,” Woohyun replied, rolling his eyes.

The two got back in to the car and Boohyun started to back out. Sunggyu waved at his family as they rounded the corner. Once they were out of sight, Sunggyu sighed and leaned back in to his seat. For about thirty minutes, Sungyeol kept switching from one radio station to the next. He wouldn't decide on what station he wanted. Woohyun finally groaned in annoyance and kicked his seat.

Yah, Sungyeol, stop that,” he said. “Leave it on one station.”

But hyung, I don't like hip hop,” Sungyeol said, frowning.

Then turn it to the girl group station,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head.

But girl groups are annoying!” Sungyeol cried.

No they're not,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “Girl groups are the best creations on this earth!”

Yah,” Sunggyu said, frowning.

It's true hyung,” Woohyun said, turning on him. “They're the iest- Oh.”

Go away,” Sunggyu said, pushing Woohyun away and looking towards the window.

Hyung, don't be jealous!” Woohyun cried, clinging on to Sunggyu's arm.

Leave me alone,” Sunggyu hissed, taking out his phone and headphones and plugging in his music.

Woohyun kept trying to say something, but Sunggyu just continued to turn up the volume on his phone. He ignored Woohyun for the rest of the ride, staring out the window. Even though it didn't seem like it, he could still hear everyone talking in the car. He didn't block out all the sound. Besides, if his music were to go too loud so he couldn't hear anyone, then it would hurt his ears. He just wanted to avoid Woohyun.

You really messed that up, hyung,” Sungyeol stated, turning off the radio.

It's your fault,” Woohyun replied.

It's no one's fault but yourself,” Boohyun stated, switching lanes on the highway. “He must be so hurt right now.”

I didn't mean to hurt him,” Woohyun said, looking over at Sunggyu. “I really didn't mean it.”

Then maybe you shouldn't have gone off about how y girl groups are,” Sungyeol stated, shrugging his shoulders.

You didn't even attempt to apologize, either,” Boohyun pointed out, looking back at his brother.

I-”

You should probably apologize to him,” Boohyun continued.

I-”

Hyung, HE'S YOUR BOYFRIEND!” Sungyeol cried, turning in his seat and glaring at Woohyun. “You should at least know how to apologize to HIM!”

Of course I do. I just-”

Then APOLOGIZE!” Sungyeol said, shaking his head. “I know you know how to apologize. I've seen you do it before. So do it now. He's your boyfriend, and you didn't want to hurt him, right? Shouldn't your boyfriend matter the most in the world?”

Well of course!” Woohyun cried, getting ready to strangle him. “Will you just let me talk for once?”

Not until you apologize to hyung,” Sungyeol replied, crossing his arms.

OH MY GOD! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THAT!” Woohyun shouted, causing Booyun to swerve off the road and slam on the breaks.

GODDAMIT WOOHYUN!” Boohyun shouted, trying to calm down his racing heart. “Can you not shout like that? I'm trying to drive here!”

Sorry hyung,” Woohyun replied, staring at his brother with wide eyes.

See! You apologized to BOOHYUN hyung but not SUNGGYU hyung!” Sungyeol cried, pointing an accusatory finger at him.

I WAS GOING TO, LEE ING SUNGYEOL!” Woohyun shouted, glaring daggers at him.

BOTH OF YOU STOP FIGHTING RIGHT NOW!” Boohyun shouted. “You're acting childish.”

Hyung, he's not even giving me a chance to say anything to Sunggyu!” Woohyun whined, pouting at his brother.

Fine!” Boohyun cried. “Then Sungyeol, shut the up so that Woohyun can talk!”

Hyung, why did you curse at me?” Sungyeol asked, pouting and crossing his arms.

Sorry,” Boohyun replied, ruffling his own hair.

Anyway,” Woohyun said, turning to his boyfriend who looked away from him the second he turned. “Sunggyu, please let me talk.”

Go away,” Sunggyu said, hitting his hand. This only ended up with Woohyun grabbing it and holding it in place.

Please hyung,” Woohyun said, pouting.

What do you want?” Sunggyu asked him.

I'm sorry for what I said. I really am! Do you forgive me?” Woohyun asked.

No,” Sunggyu said, pushing him and away and turning to the window, a small smile appearing on his lips.

HYUNG! LOOK AT THIS!” Sungyeol shouted, running in to his and Sunggyu's shared room.

He threw a paper in Sunggyu's lap, causing Sunggyu to frown and look at him. Sungyeol jumped around the room excitedly, waving his arms around. He kept going off about how cool something was and how he wanted to do it. Sunggyu cocked his head to the side in curiosity and looked at the paper. He picked it up, examining it.

A band competition?” he asked, looking back at Sungyeol.

Yes! HYUNG! WE HAVE TO DO IT!” Sungyeol cried, grinning widely.

What would that mean?” Sunggyu asked, reading through the paper again. “Sungyeol, there's many really great musicians here. I don't know about this.”

Hyung, if we win THIS competition then we get to go to NATIONALS! If we win NATIONALS then they'll put us in a music company and we get to DEBUT as idols!” Sungyeol cried, jumping up and down in excitement. “Hyung, it's always been my dream to be an idol! Besides, you and Woohyun hyung singing together is the biggest victory in the WORLD!”

Did you ask Woohyun about this?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

Yeah, he said to show the sheet to you and ask you,” Sungyeol replied.

It won't just be the three of us,” Woohyun said, walking in to the room. “Hoya and Dongwoo agreed to it. Even Myungsoo and Sungjong agreed to do it with us.”

Myungsoo and Sungjong did?” Sunggyu asked, frowning at his boyfriend. They whole argument in the car was completely forgotten the second they got out of the car.

Yes, they did!” Woohyun cried, plopping down next to him on his bed. “Come on hyung, we have to do this!”

I don't know... What about school?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

Hyung, if we become idols, then we don't NEED to worry about school,” Sungyeol said, shaking his head. “Come on, please hyung! We can be one of those boy bands who sings and raps and dances! You know, like TVXQ and U-KISS!”

Hyung, let's do it,” Woohyun assured him, wrapping his arms around Sunggyu's waist. “You're perfect and writing songs and music. Hoya can come up with the dance. Dongwoo can write the rap! Sungjong can design the costumes! Heck, Boohyun can be our manager!”

I just...” Sunggyu said, frowning.

Come on, please,” Woohyun begged, pouting.

Okay, fine, I'll do it with you,” Sunggyu replied, causing Sungyeol to jump up and cheer in victory.

Yay! He agreed!” Dongwoo cried, rushing in to the room with Hoya. “I knew you would, hyung!”

Yeah, you're a life saver!” Hoya agreed, nodding his head. “You're the best!”

I know I am,” Sunggyu said, smirking at them.

We're going to be idols!” Sungyeol cried, clapping his hands excitedly.

Don't look too far ahead,” Myungsoo said as he and Sungjong also entered the room. “We still have a lot of work to do.”

Exactly,” Sungjong said, nodding his head. “Like, what kind of concept do we want?”

Is there some kind of audition for this?” Sunggyu asked, looking at the paper again.

Not at all. We need to sign up fast, though. There's only 20 band openings,” Sungjong replied, sitting on Sungyeol's bed.

Then why aren't you guys signing us up?” Sunggyu asked, shooting up.

Already did,” Woohyun replied, smirking. “I put you down as our leader.”

Wait, what?” Sunggyu asked, turning on him. “When did you sign up?”

Right before I came in here. I figured you would agree,” Woohyun replied. “We got the last spot!”

Thanks for not asking me before hand,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes. “Well at least we got in. When is the school wide competition?”

Three weeks from now,” Sungjong stated, causing Sunggyu's eyes to widen in surprise.

WHAT?!” Sunggyu cried, looking at everyone. “How are we supposed to do this in THREE weeks?!”

Better get writing that song,” Sungjong replied, shrugging his shoulders.

But the instruments... Who's going to play those?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

We asked some of the students from the band class to help us out,” Woohyun replied.

Can they RECORD their part fast enough?” Sunggyu asked, still frowning.

They can learn it in a day, hyung. We'll be fine,” Hoya stated.

But the song...” Sunggyu stated, looking at the sheet again.

Hyung, you and I can write it today!” Dongwoo cried, throwing his arm around Sunggyu's shoulders. “Come on, we can do it!”

Before you leave to write the song,” Sungjong said, “tell me what kind of concept we want. I need to start working on the outfits.”

MILITARY!” Sungyeol cried, pumping his fist in the air.

Sounds fine with me,” Myungsoo stated, shrugging his shoulders.

I like it,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head in agreement.

Me too, works for me,” Hoya stated.

Yeah, I like it,” Dongwoo replied.

Fine, military it is,” Sunggyu said with a sigh.

Myungsoo, Woohyun and I will work on the dance,” Hoya stated, walking towards the door with Myungsoo following him. “Sungyeol, help Sungjong with the costumes.”

Okay!” Sungyeol cried, following Sungjong out of the room.

Well, that's my cue to leave,” Woohyun said, kissing Sunggyu's cheek. “Good luck with writing the song, hyung.”

Aish, you guys drive me crazy,” Sunggyu replied, shaking his head as everyone left the room.


A/N Hahaha, did you guys like this chapter?? Awww, thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting and upvoting!! I love every single one of you!! :D