004

Concealed Promise

A/N Next chapter the real story begins! Soooo please enjoy this part! Almost made it to 50 subbies! Thankyu so much! I love you all!! <3 Hahaha, tomorrow is my first year anniversity as a newclear!! Yess, Woohyun is my ultimate bias. And don't worry, a couple Infinite members will pop up next chapter to befriend Sunggyu ;D It's weird, since this is my first story where the story isn't centered around Woohyun... Oh well, please enjoy this chapter and comment and upvote and continue to be perfectly amazing!!


Five Months Ago...

Sunggyu stared at the letter in his hands, excitement overwhelming him. He had finally received his acceptance letter from Daekyung University. Graduation was in 1 month, May. It’s Sunggyu’s birthday today, and the day was becoming better and better. He couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.

He stood by the mailbox, the letter in his hand and thoughts flooding through his mind. He has a full ride scholarship to the school, but he still didn’t know if he was accepted or not. That scholarship was only because of his voice. Yet here the proof was that he was actually accepted. Here’s the proof that he’s now a Daekyung University student.

“What’s that, son?” a voice asked, causing Sunggyu turn to find Hoon standing behind him.

“A letter from Daekyung University,” he whispered.

“Oh yeah?” Hoon asked, taking the letter. “What did it say?”

“I- I was accepted,” Sunggyu said, still trying to grasp on to all the information that was flooding into his head. “I was accepted. I WAS ACCEPTED! OH MY GOD I WAS ACCEPTED!”

“Congratulations son,” Hoon said, pulling him into a hug. “I’m so proud of you.”

“What’s going on out here?” Sunggyu’s mom asked, coming out of the house with Ilhoon, Shindong and Ryeowook. “Why are you guys shouting?”

“Sunggyu was accepted to Daekyung,” Hoon said, placing his hands on Sunggyu’s shoulders.

“Oh my gosh, that’s great!” Sunggyu’s mother cried, running over to Sunggyu and pulling him into a tight hug. “I’m so proud of you, so! I’m so glad you made it!”

“Thank you, Umma,” Sunggyu said, hugging her back. “Thank you for supporting me.”

“Why would I NOT support you? Oh my gosh, my son is going to Daekyung University!” she cried, jumping around in circles with Sunggyu.

“Yay for hyung!” Ilhoon cried, joining in on the hug and jumping around with him. “On your birthday, too!”

“Aren’t you the lucky one?” Shindong asked, laughing.

“This is the best birthday ever,” Sunggyu said with a bright smile.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Ryeowook asked. “Let’s go party!”

“Let’s go let’s go let’s go!” Ilhoon cried, pulling Sunggyu into the house. “Today is going to be so much fun, Hyung! We’re going to make sure you are very happy!”

“I’m already very happy,” Sunggyu said, laughing.

“Well, then you’re going to be even happier! You should sing a song for us!” Ilhoon cried.

“Yeah, you should sing a song for us!” Ryeowook cried.

“Ah, I don’t know,” Sunggyu said as they pushed him into the living room and onto the couch.

“Come on, Gyu!” Shindong cried. “We know how much you love singing. Sing for us!”

“Maybe later,” Sunggyu said, waving them off. “I’m hungry.”

“What do you want to eat, honey?” Sunggyu’s mom asked from the entry way of the living room.

“Pasta,” Sunggyu said, looking back at his mother. “Can we have pasta for lunch?”

“Of course we can, honey,” she said, before leaving the room.

Sunggyu grinned and leaned back in the couch. He couldn’t be any happier. The thought of going to Daekyung University made him so ecstatic. He couldn’t wait to live in the college dorms and make new friends. It was a whole new beginning.

Nobody would know him, which meant he has a better chance to make himself known. He was ready to step out of his shy shell and actually participate in school. People won’t see him as a nerd anymore. He’s going to be himself for once. He’ll let people see him like how Ryeowook and Shindong see him right now.

He’s ready to just be different. He’s 18 now, which means he’s not entering into manhood.  This meant fending for himself and living life to its fullest. College was a great step to that realization. He’s older now, so it’s time to be an adult and not a kid anymore.

“So what does it tell you?” Shindong asked, looking over his shoulder. “Does it give you information, like the name of your roommate? Your room number? Any of that? I know my letter did.”

“Oh, right,” Sunggyu said, taking hold of the letter again and looking through it. “It says I will be in building A dorm 2. I’m in room 212. My room roommate is a boy named Lee Sungyeol. He’ll be a freshman like me. My common room is 2B.”

“That’s confusing,” Ilhoon said, sitting down next to me.

“I think it’s pretty straight forward,” Sunggyu said, looking up at his brother. “There is 6 rooms in each dorm. In mine will be room 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 and 214. We’ll be on the second floor, and there are common rooms for each dorm. My dorm will be common room B, where we can watch movies or study together. People in the dorms can bring whatever they want for that room.”

“Oh, that makes more sense,” Ilhoon said, nodding his head. “Does it say who is in your dorm?”

“Nope, just my roommate. I guess I’ll find out when I get there,” Sunggyu said, reading through his letter again. “Orientation is on September 1st at 6:30 PM. This means I either have to move in that day or before that day.”

“When are you going to leave us?” Ilhoon asked, pouting.

“I’ll leave on the 31st of August, just so I can get in and get settled, maybe tour the campus a little bit,” Sunggyu told him.

“That sounds so much fun!” Ilhoon cried, clapping his hand. “Hyung, I got you something for your birthday! Now you can bring it to college and never forget about me.”

“I’m never going to forget about you, bud,” Sunggyu said, ruffling his brother’s hair. “But what did you get me?”

“I’ll get it!” Ilhoon cried, running out of the room.

Sunggyu laughed and leaned back in the couch. Seconds later, something was thrown on his lap. Sunggyu frowned and looked up at Shindong and Ryeowook, who were looking at him expectantly. Sighing, Sunggyu opened the present they gave him with anticipation. Inside was box full of wood to build a bookshelf.

“We know how much you love books, Sunggyu. We figured since college would be coming up, you would like to have that. You’ll have to build the shelf on your own,” Shindong told him.

“Thanks guys,” Sunggyu said, laughing and pushing it aside.

“Here you go hyung!” Ilhoon cried, running back into the room with a nicely wrapped present. “I hope you like it!”

“I’ll probably love it, Ilhoonnie,” Sunggyu said, taking the present out of his hands.

Sunggyu slowly opened it, noting that his brother’s grin never left his face. After the wrapping paper was completely off, he threw it on the floor and looked at the present. It was a small coffee machine which allowed you to make one cup at a time. There were also two coffee mugs and a pack of coffee. Sunggyu smiled and set it down, before pulling Ilhoon into a hug.

“Thank you, dongsaengie, I love it,” he told him, laughing at his brother’s reaction. This day was definitely amazing, but the next few months to come will be even better.