002

Concealed Promise

A/N Here's chapter 2 for you guys! This and two more than we'll be starting the actual story. This is just an introduction of Sunggyu and how he actually got to where he his in the story. Thankyu all for subscribing and commenting!!! I love you all!! 36 subscribers, 5 upvotes and 7 comments and it's only the 2nd chapter >< Wow guys, that's amazing! Thankyu so so so much! I love you all!!! Here's the next update. Again, it's shorter than what the regular chapters will be! Please enjoy! And please make sure to check out Where We Begin! :D


3 Years Ago...

Sunggyu is a sophomore now. Finals have arrived, and he has been studying his off. He and his friends were circled around his bedroom floor, books strewn everywhere. Sunggyu had his laptop on his lap and he was typing furiously. He had to get this paper done.

His advanced choir teacher assigned everyone a song to compose. Sunggyu was stressing so much, because he had writer’s block. All the worries about getting all his projects done on time were clouding his mind. Usually he would jump right away on the chance to write a song. The problem is, his teacher assigned this just that day and expected it to be turned in on the day of the final, the next day.

Luckily Sunggyu finished the rest of his projects, but this was worth thirty percent of his semester grade. He had to do a perfect job, no mistakes. This was his best class, and his favorite class at that. There’s no way he’s going to mess this up. Songwriting and singing is his life. If he’s going to get in to a good music school, then he had to fight for that chance.

Sunggyu groaned and pushed his computer away, laying his head on his bed. His friends looked up from their work, giving him questioning glances. He ignored them, closing his eyes to clear his mind. He tried not thinking about finals and focused only on the song. Distractions would only make his writer’s block even worse.

Sunggyu’s mother come in, carrying a tray of cookies and milk. Ryeowook and Shindong abandoned their work, immediately charging for the food. Sunggyu’s mother laughed at them before leaving the room. He just ignored the food and continued to empty his mind. The song is his top priority.

“Do you have to write music notes to that, too?” Ryeowook asked, staring at Sunggyu’s laptop.

“Yes,” Sunggyu said, opening his eyes.

“What’s the song about?” Shindong asked, not even bothering to swallow his food yet.

“Love,” Ryeowook stated.

“Is not,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, pushing them away from his computer. “It’s about innocence. Now go away.”

“We were planning on going to Wookie’s house anyway. You game?” Shindong offered.

“No, I’m going to work on this,” Sunggyu stated, moving to his bed with his laptop.

“Suit yourself,” Ryeowook said, shrugging his shoulders.

The two quickly gathered their homework and dashed out of the room. Sunggyu sighed in relief and fell back into his pillows. He loved his friends, but they could be very distracting. All he cared about was the song, if he hasn’t stressed that enough. He needed to get this done as soon as he can.

With no idea coming to mind, Sunggyu groaned in frustration and slammed his laptop shut. He set/tossed the laptop not so lightly on his bedside table. He then punched his pillow repeatedly, yelling out small curses. After his short meltdown, he stood up again and walked to the cookie tray. To his dismay, all the cookies were gone.

Groaning once again, he picked up the tray and left his room. His mom stared at him as he stormed into the kitchen and threw the tray in the sink. He then stomped to the fridge, throwing open the door. He grabbed a can of pepsi before slamming it shut again. His mother watched him with raised eyebrows, crossing her arms.

“Mind explaining to me why you’re throwing such a tantrum?” she asked him.

“Sorry mom,” he said, opening his can up. “I’m just so stressed right now. The song I have to write is due tomorrow, which pisses me off because she assigned it today! I love writing songs, but I need time to write it to actually make it good. Now I have writer’s block!”

“I’m sorry honey,” she said, pulling him over and massaging his shoulders. “Do you want to bring it down and look at it with me?”

“That would be helpful,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “When will Appa Hoon and Ilhoon be back? Maybe Appa can help me with writing the music notes.”

Sunggyu’s father, Jung Hoon, studied music all throughout high school and college. Ever since Sunggyu told Hoon he wanted to be a singer a year ago, Hoon was more than willing to help. It’s been such a great blessing to have him around. It really helped Sunggyu shoot for his dream. His stepfather was such a great man.

“Ah, they should be back anytime now. They just went to the pizza parlor down the street to get our dinner. The two of us are too lazy to cook tonight,” she told him. “Now, go get that song of yours! Bali bali!”

Sunggyu laughed as she pushed him upstairs with a slight shove. Sunggyu stumbled into his room, walking over to his computer. He picked it up, just as his cell phone started ringing. Frowning, he looked at his phone and also picked it up. After checking the ID, he put the phone to his ear and pressed the talk button.

“Hello?” he asked into the phone.

“Sunggyu, your fridge is running,” Ryeowook snickered into the phone, causing Sunggyu to frown.

“What even, Ryeowook?” Sunggyu asked with a sigh.

“Sorry, we were bored so we wanted to bug you,” Ryeowook stated.

“You were just at my house,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head.

“Yeah, I know,” Ryeowook replied.

“Sorry, can’t talk. Need to finish this,” Sunggyu said, before hanging up his phone.

He turned the phone off and threw it somewhere on his bed. He then ran out of his room and door the stairs, two at a time. His mother was already sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for him. Smiling, he set his computer down and opened it up. She stared at the song, before looking up at him.

“Alright, let’s get this party started,” she said, causing Sunggyu to laugh. His mother knew how to say the right thing to make him happy again.