027

Concealed Promise

I'm going out,” Woohyun announced, walking towards his and Sunggyu's bedroom door.

On your bad foot?” Sunggyu asked, frowning and sitting up in bed.

Yeah,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head. “I'm gonna treat everyone here for breakfast.”

That's so nice of you. Family too?” Sunggyu asked with a loud yawn.

No, just the seven of us,” Woohyun replied, before leaving out the door. “Bye hyung!”

Where are you going?” another voice asked as soon as he made it to the front door.

Oh, Sungyeol, you scared me,” Woohyun replied, placing his hand over his heart. “I'm getting everyone food.”

Food?! Can I come?!” Sungyeol cried, his eyes widening ten times bigger.

No, I'm gonna go alone,” Woohyun replied, slipping on a jacket before opening the front door.

But hyung, I wanna get some food too!” Sungyeol whined, pouting at him.

No, I'm leaving,” I said, rushing out the door.

I sighed in relief as I made it outside, letting the soft breeze that was blowing hit my face. I looked around, finding it perfectly peaceful outside. With that in mind, I silently limped towards the small neighborhood just a few yards away. Sunggyu's parents had rented cabins that were right outside the neighborhood, right beside the beach. It was a nice scenery, honestly.

The neighborhood was small. From what Hoon told us, there was about 400 people or so. It was more of a village than a neighborhood, actually. They had small markets instead of stores. As I entered it, it seemed as if everyone knew everyone.

A group of boys ran past me, laughing and playing tag. I smiled at them before heading to a small stand that was selling breakfast foods. An elderly woman was working there, her back facing me. A small girl walked right up to her, ignoring my presence as she asked for a bowl of rice. The elderly woman grinned widely and handed her the rice.

How's your many, SunJi?” the woman asked, smiling at the little girl.

She's.. Getting better,” the girl named SunJi said with a soft sigh. “After the death of Appa, it's been hard.”

I can bet,” the woman replied, slowly nodding her hand. “I wish you luck.”

Thank you halmoni!” the girl cried, bowing to her.

The woman than turned to fully face Woohyun. When Woohyun could clearly see her face, his heart jumped to his throat. The woman dropped a new bowl she had picked up, staring at him in shock. SunJi cried out and ran over to pick up the bowl which had shattered to pieces. The woman, however, continued to stare at Woohyun.

N-nam B-boohyun?” the woman asked. “I-is that you?”

N-no,” Woohyun whispered, shaking his head. “I-it's me, Woohyun... Halmoni..”

Woohyunnie?!” the woman cried, running around the stall to pull him into a tight hug. “My god, you've grown up so much! You look exactly like your brother! Of course I would get you mixed up!”

H-halmoni? H-have you been here the whole time?” Woohyun asked with tears in his eyes and he hugged her back. “Y-you left m-me and h-hyung all alone... We thought you died.”

Who told you I died?” she asked, pulling away from the hug.

A-a-appa,” Woohyun stuttered, clenching his teeth at the thought of his father.

Does that useless son of mine really hate me that much?” she asked with a deep sigh.

Halmoni,” Woohyun whispered, dropping to the ground in despair. “W-we-”

Nam Woohyun!” the voice of Sunggyu boomed towards them. “Why did you leave without me?! You could have waited! Sungyeol came in yelling at me, saying you had already left! You could have- Woohyun?! What's wrong? Did you fall? I told you not to go out on that bad foot of your's! Are you okay?”

H-hyung,” Woohyun whispered, slowly looking at him as his boyfriend pulled him up.

Bad foot? What bad foot?” Woohyun's grandmother asked. “Woohyunnie, did you hurt yourself?”

Grandma, who is this?” SunJi asked as she came around the stand. “W-wasn't your son... Wasn't he my daddy?”

SunJi,” the woman said, turning on her with a small smile. “W-woohyun's dad... H-he's your uncle...”

That man is NOT Woohyun's father!” Sunggyu cried, causing them to turn on him. “He doesn't deserve that title!”

Why?” the woman asked. “What happened?”

D-don't you only have one son, Grandma?” the small girl asked, frowning.

I... I only told you about your father being my only son... cause Woohyunnie's dad... he... he disowned me...”

You're not the only one,” Sunggyu hissed, causing them both to look at him.

H-he didn't!” the woman cried with wide eyes.

He and his wife disowned Woohyun and his brother,” Sunggyu replied with much venom in his voice. They left Woohyun alone in the house for three whole years! They're bad people! They left the two without any money, even though Woohyun's in the middle of college! They have no home to go back to!”

We have you, hyung,” Woohyun suddenly said, making Sunggyu look at him. “We have you. You guys took us in. You're our family.”

H-hyun-”

You took in my boys?!” the woman cried with wide eyes, before running over and pulling Sunggyu into a big hug. “OMO! Thank you so much! Thank you for taking care of them!”

U-uh, y-yeah,” Sunggyu said in surprise, staring at Woohyun in confusion.

What's your relationship with my Woohyunnie?” the woman asked, pulling away again.

H-he's my boyfriend,” Woohyun replied. “He's my boyfriend and the leader of the band I'm in.”

R-really?” the woman asked, letting go of Sunggyu and turning on her grandson. “I didn't know you were-”

Woohyun! Sunggyu! Why are you guys here?” a voice called, causing the couple to turn around in surprise. “I figured the two of you would still be sleeping! We all know how lazy Sung- Halmoni?!”

B-boohyun?!”

B-but Appa... H-he said you were dead!” Boohyun cried out in shock, staring at his long lost grandmother. “W-where have you been? Did you know h-how much we needed you?! H-how much Woohyun needed you?!”

Boo-”

No! Don't say anything!” Boohyun cried, grabbing Woohyun's and Sunggyu's arms. “Come on, let's go.”

Hyung, we-”

No, Woohyun, we're going,” Boohyun stated, dragging the two of them back towards the cabins.

Yah! You can't yell at grandma like that!” SunJi shouted, stomping after them.

Please go away,” Boohyun said, not even looking at her.

No! Not until you apologize!” the girl shouted.

I'm not going to,” Boohyun replied. “There's no need to!”

Hyung, you're not like this,” Sunggyu said, frowning. “What happened to you?”

What do you think, Sunggyu?!” Boohyun cried as we made it to the beach, the girl still following us. “I was abandoned! My brother was abandoned! How do you think we feel? Or you wouldn't know, would you?!”

I would too!” Sunggyu shouted, pulling out of his hold. “I would too know! I know what it's like!”

Sunggyu-”

Don't talk to me!” Sunggyu shouted, stomping into our cabin just as Sungyeol and Hoya came out.

What's wrong with hyung?” Sungyeol asked, frowning. “Why was he yelling.”

It's nothing,” Boohyun said with a sigh.

It is too something,” I replied, glaring at my brother. “You know what happened to his own father! You shouldn't be treating him like that! Especially when HE'S the one who took us in! He's done EVERYTHING for us! He was trying to care for you, but you exploded at him! Hyung never did anything to deserve that!”

Shut up!” Boohyun cried, making Woohyun frown at him. “I get it, okay? I know I did wrong. I'm sorry! I'll go talk to him.”

No you won't,” Woohyun stated. “You won't go ANYWHERE near my boyfriend.”

Woohyun, I-”

No!” Woohyun cried, glaring at him. Boohyun sighed and turned around, bumping into the small girl.

Yah! Why are you still here?” he asked.

Be nice, hyung,” I demanded, still glaring at him.

I'm not leaving until you apologize to my grandmother!” the girl cried with crossed arms.

G-grandmother?” Boohyun asked with wide eyes. “Y-you're uncle Joon's daughter?”

Yes, I'm Joon's daughter,” the girl replied, nodding her head.

T-then he lives here?” Boohyun asked her.

He did,” the girl said, quietly.

What do you mean he did?” Boohyun asked, frowning.

H-he died,” she replied, her eyes tearing up. “Appa died a month ago. I've been taking care of mama, cause she's really sick and not doing well at all.”

That means the only family we have left is Grandma...” Boohyun whispered.

And her,” Woohyun said, pointing at the girl. “She's our cousin. The cousin I didn't know we had. Heck, I didn't even know we had an uncle. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WE HAD MORE FAMILY?!”

Because Appa didn't want to tell-”

I DON'T CARE WHAT HE WANTED OR NOT!” I shouted, glaring at him. “YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME!”

Woohyun-”

Hey,” Woohyun said, turning back to his cousin. “We'll be here for a week. Feel free to stop by any time. I'm always happy to help. And when me and my friends debut, I'll make sure to give you and your mom and halmoni everything you need to live. I can move you down to Seoul if you want.”

What do you mean by debut?” the girl asked, frowning at him.

My friends and I... We're planning on becoming an idol group. We just need to win this competition and they'll put us in a company,” Woohyun told her.

So that's what you were talking about when you told Grandma that your boyfriend is the leader of your band?” she asked with a small smile.

That's exactly it,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head with a smile on her face.

That's so cool! My cousin is going to be a singer!” the girl cheered, pumping her fist in the air. “Oppa, how old are you?”

Me?” Woohyun asked, pointing at himself. “I'm eighteen. What about you? How old are you?”

I'm eight,” she replied, smiling at him.

Eight.... Eight years ago is when dad said Grandma died,” Boohyun said, frowning. “Eight years ago... Was when dad started beating us... He said then that his brother was dead to him... That's why we didn't know about you...”

And you still didn't tell me I had an uncle?!” Woohyun asked, turning on him.

GUYS! IT'S SUNGGYU!” a voice shouted, causing them to turn and find Dongwoo standing in the doorway.

What do you mean?” Woohyun asked, his face paling.

He was screaming at us and then he locked himself in the bathroom. Sungjong said he heard a lot of crashing. We tried calling out to him, but it's completely silent in there. I don't know what to do,” Dongwoo said, tears flowing down his cheeks.

Move!” Woohyun cried, pushing him aside and rushing into the cabin. “SUNGGYU! SUNGGYU ANSWER ME! SUNGGYU!”

Hyung,” Sungjong whispered, looking up at him.

MOVE!” Woohyun screamed, ramming his side into the bathroom door. “HYUNG!”

Woohyun, calm down,” Myungsoo whispered, but Woohyun ignored him.

He kept ramming into the side until the door gave way. He tumbled inside, only to find Sunggyu fainted on the ground. He looked around and found nothing out of place or any blood. That relieved him and he knelt down next to his boyfriend. He checked his pulse to find that he was still breathing. With that in mind, Woohyun carefully picked him up and started caring him to his room.

What happened?” Boohyun asked as he came into the cabin with Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Hoya and SunJi.

He just fainted,” Woohyun replied. “Thankfully.”


A/N OMO!!! I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE TILL NOW!!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!!JAOGHOASIGJOIYTU89RIOGHIUEJFJ SOOOOORRRRRYYYY~ 

I don't knowl.... I just had writers block for this for the longest time >< I've been writing like crazy for my new story, Revelation, because I had so much to write about for that story. You guys should REALLY check it out!!!! :D <3 Please please please check it out!!!!! It's amazing!!!!!

Anyway, please comment and subscribe and upvote!!! Love you all!!!

AND LISTEN TO TOHEART'S TELL ME WHY AND WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO 20 BILLION TIMES!!!! OMO!!!! IT'S PERFECT!!! AND ERIC NAM'S VIDEO WITH HOYA!!!!! :D