Late Reply

Forever with you

Dong Wan's POV

It was unexpected for me when the steel bar fell on me at the musical stage in rehearsal. It hit my right arm because I used it block my face. (My handsome face is my asset, I could not get it being bruised!) I did not bleed but the pain was no joke. The director urged me to go to hospital but I refused since I wanted to finish the musical perfectly. I endured the pain and keep going with the musical after took some painkillers. The audience did not notice anything and gave me a loud applause as usual. That was what I've been waiting for. The cheers and satisfactions from the audience were worth the pain. All the actors and staffs gave a bow and when the curtain fell, the director pulled me to the ambulance forcefully.

"Get into the ambulance,now! Report to me your condition tomorrow!", he said with a worry plus angry expression on his face. All I could do was only smiling and followed his orders.

So, that brought me to this boring white in colour room. The doctor told me to stay in the ward because the injury on my hand were really bad. My right arm nearly broken,he said. I argued with him because I did not want to stay but I failed. I felt defeated when he explained to me the importance of rest and sleep. Health is still important to me after all.  

I was leaning my body on the pillow and looking at my bandaged arm when my phone went off. When I saw the caller's ID, I hesitated to answer but I slided the screen anyway.

"Dong Wan-ah...Where are you?We've been waiting for three hours already...", Min Woo's voice came to my ear. There were laughs and chattering behind him. Ah,right!The gathering for celebrating my last musical.

"Min Woo!Scold him for being late!", I heard Hyesung's voice.

"Yaah!!Let it be!He is the 4.5 million worth actor, remember?", Eric was scolding Hyesung.

"Hyung, where are you?..will you just please hurry up?", Andy asked. I guessed Min Woo the speaker. 

"Hyung?Dong Wan hyung?You are calling Dong Wan hyung?", Jun Jin asked someone.

"Guys....I'm sorry....I forgot to tell you.....I can not come...", I said slowly. I did forget to call them.

"What?!Are you kidding me?Where are you?Tell me so that I can kick you!", Hyesung practically yelled to the phone. I had to move the phone from my ear for a while.

"Dong Wan...?", Min Woo said after he shusshed Hyesung.

"I am currently at the hospital.", I answered shortly.

"WHAT?", the five of them said the same thing with a loud voice and then I heard nothing.

I pressed the end call and shrugged. I wondered where did they go as the call was ended quite abruptly. Then, I decided to rest. I lied my head comfortably on the pillow and closed my eyes, hoping to get some sleep. The doctor refused to give anymore pain killers as I already took it earlier when I performed. Of course, I still could feel my arm was pounding.  Just when I was trying to endure the pain, suddenly I heard the door had been opened. Five figures of men entered the room. They stood in front of my bed and stared at me with different gazes from each one of them.

"Why are you here?", Eric started the interrogation first, but he looked worry. He immediately came to stand next to me.

"Why you don't tell us?", Hyesung was looking at me furiously. He walked towards me and hit my head hardly before hugged me tightly. He rubbed my head and ruffled my hairs.

"Hyung!What happened?", Jun Jin joined Hyesung's hug. I was still numbed when I heard someone was sobbing hardly.

"Hyung...", Andy only managed to mutter that and after that he hugged me too and used my shoulder to cry.

"............", I barely know (since there were three men hugged me) Min Woo was there as he was silent and did not utter a single word. It was Eric who pulled him to me and linked both of our hands together. Min Woo only gave me a blank stare but he gripped my hand and had no intention to let it go. Hyesung and his babies (Jindy) saw Min Woo's state (after many signs given by Eric) and decided to release the hug.

Andy was still crying and sobbing.

"Andy-ah...I'm okay....", I explained to him. I did not want him to worry even though he had to see my bandaged arm. I used my other hand to wipe his tears. He finally let out a smile and nodded.

"Wan-ah....Please don't do this again....You should tell us about this...You are not an outcast in this group of ours..", Hyesung said to me and hit my head again. I only agreed with him because I refused to hear his nagging.

"Wannie....Are you really okay?What happened?", Eric asked again after caressing my bandaged arm. I tried to steal a glance towards Min Woo who was still silent and keep looking at my arm with a complex expression on his face. 

"I was hit by a steel bar in rehearsal of the musical......", and I continued to tell them what actually happened. All of them were looking at me sympathically except Min Woo. I could not read his feeling at all. What was he thinking when he saw my injured arm?

"Hyung...please be careful next time...", Jun Jin pleaded to me. I just gave an assured look and ruffled his hairs.

"I will.....", I said to him.

"We should be going. You need to rest, Wan-ah...", Hyesung got up and pecked my cheeks.

"Eeeewwww!!", I rubbed my cheeks.

"Hey!That's a good luck charm.Get well, soon!!", Hyesung told me. One by one, they stood up from the bed and left the room after gave me hugs and pats on my back. Except Min Woo who just stayed and still holding my hand. I was speechless. For one moment, I could not think of any words to say to him thus, I just looked at him who was in the verge of crying. I sighed. He knew it that I could not afford to see him cry that was why he was holding it. To tell the truth, it had been awkward for the two of us since a week before. Since the day he confessed his feelings towards me. I could not answer him right away at that time. I was not sure of my own feelings. I was feeling weird when I knew my own best friend had a feeling to me. From that day, I've been avoiding him,making us more awkward with each other but, from the avoiding, actually I found out my true feelings to him. I did not hate him. That was for sure. Instead, I miss him more and more.

"Min Woo...", I called him.

"Hmmm?", he was still holding it but he could not hide the watery eyes any more.

"Are you worried?", my thumb caressed his hands that still not let go of my hands. He nodded without looking at me. His other hand had moved to my wound and touched it lightly. He rubbed the bandage slowly and caressed it like he could heal my injured arm by doing that.

"Min Woo..", I tried again.

"Hmmmm?", he still refused to say any word?

"Look at me...", I said to him

"I won't...", he answered me.

"Why?", I asked him.

"I can't", he shook his head.

"Min Woo...please...", I begged him and he was defeated by it. After a long pause, he finally directed his eyes towards me.

"Dong Wan..I....", he could not continue as his tears was finally fell down. Looking him broke down like that, I was feeling sad too. It was like I could feel what he was feeling at the moment. We shared a mutual feeling. I pulled him closer to me and made him sat next to me before I scooted a little to give him a space. He just followed my lead like a doll.

"Will you please....lie next to me?", I asked him and he just nodded as his tears kept falling down. He lied beside me on the bed. As soon as he done, I quickly pulled him into a hug despite my arm was injured.

"Dong wan...?", he sobbed a little before he hugged me too. He did that because I was crying too. I could not hold the heavy feeling that I had in my heart when I saw him crying. 

"Min Woo...", I nearly wailed. I did not know what I really felt at that time. Maybe, I was holding too when the members came and asked me how was I doing. He was the only one that made me let out my true feelings.

"It hurts....", I cried again.

"I know...", he held my injured arm. He caressed the arm again and kissed it lightly.

"I need you...Please don't leave me...", I told him my true words.

"Dong Wan...I really want to..I do...believe me...but I think that is impossible...", he pulled away for a moment before I put him into my embrace again.

"Why?",stupidly, I asked him.

"It will become more awkward between the two of us..This week had prove it. You kept avoiding me..", he explained to me.

".........", I said nothing but I tightened my hug. Could he understand now?

"Dong Wan.....", 

"I need you...that is not enough to convey my feelings?", I whispered at his ear.

"What...?", he was astonished as I kissed his forehead.

"I love you too...is that enough?", I asked him and caressed his cheeks.

"Dong Wan-ah..what are you talking about?", he still dare to question me?

".......", I cupped his face before I leaned my head closer and lessen our gap. Before he could react, I grabbed his lips using mine and fondled it softly but deep anough to make him understand that I really love him. His lips were quivering while accepting mine but stopped when I kissed them passionately. 

"Dong Wan.....", he muttered after the kiss. His eyes were moist. I was not sure whether he was sad or touched.

"I love you too...", I kissed his brows.

"I love you....I really do....", he replied and kissed my injured arm.

"Hope it will lessen your pain..", he caressed it again and again.

"It does....", I said to him and the I dived my face on his broad chest. I snuggled in our embrace.

"Wannie.......", he said something but I did not hear it anymore since I drifted into sleep. Don't blame me because his chest was so comfortable,making me feeling peaceful and calm,forgetting my pain of my arm. 

 

 

Min Woo's POV

"Wannie...let us love each other,forever...", I said to him but he gave me no reaction. I looked at him and I found out he already slept in my hug. He was so cute in that state. There were traces of his tears which I wiped them slowly and planted a kiss on his eyes. I tapped his repeatedly and started to sing a lullaby even though I know he already slept. And guess what song did I sing? It's "That's Right"....because I'll be there whenever he needs me. I could see the corner of his lips when upwards. Well, I guess he heard my singing in his dreams. That is enough for me. It always be more than enough when I heard him saying "I love you too" because I will not stop loving him. Forever.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: It's getting.........*cant afford to say the words*.....I know..I'm sorry....I'm really sorry.....but thank you for reading...^^.....i'm really thankful to you guys...I love you~~