Scars

Forever with you

Dong Wan's POV

I lied motionlessly on my bed. Tried very hard to endure the pain. It was weekend but I could not do anything with my broken collarbone.How did I get that? It was all started when I've decided to try downhill biking. The sport is challenging and fun but it was me who had lost control of the bike that made me fell badly. I heard a familiar voice called my name but I did not manage to see who was it as I fainted because of the pain. As soon as I opened my eyes, I was in my room with a blanket covered my cold body. I wanted to get up but I felt something wrong with my right shoulder. I sighed and caressed my injury, thus, I just lied down and stared at the ceiling. There was nobody in the room. I did not see my housemates or any of my collagues. Looking at the white ceiling is all I could do. I wondered why they did not bring me to any medical centre but then, I remembered. It was weekend. No clinics were opened on weekends. I felt like I wanted to die with the sharp pain that keep coming when I moved my body.

"Oh..you wake up already?", the familiar voice I heard before I fainted greteed me. I tried to see who was it but I could not even move my shoulder as it broughts pain to me and I groaned because of that.

"Hey....lie down, Dong Wan-ah. Don't stress out your muscles", the voice got closer and then finally my eyes caught the glimpse of him. I was shocked to see him. Not to mention that he was holding a tray of food and a glass of drink. He just smiled sweetly when he saw my perplexed expression came out from my face. I was speechless. Totally speechless.

"Surprised to see me here?", he asked and I nodded.

He put the tray on the end table and sat beside me. He took my hand and entangled it with his.

"Why are you here?", I conveyed my curiosity. Too bad, I was in pain. If not because of that, I would have hug him immediately. He leaned down a little bit to get closer, knowing I could barely move.

"Just because...", the sentence was trailed off as his eyes landed on my shoulder's wound. 

It was bandaged, but the blood stains still could be seen. He put his other hand on the red spot. I grimaced automatically because his touches brought pain.

"I'm sorry...", he said with a pity look from his eyes. I reached my hand to grab his to make sure he did not do that again.

"You haven't answered me yet, Min Woo...Why are you here??", I stressed out the question and tightened my grip on his hand.

"Is it wrong for me to be here?", he questioned. His gaze turned into sadness. I could see tears were b in his eyes. He caressed my face and looked deeply into my eyes.

I shook my head a little to answer him.

"I am glad you are here...after what happened in Korea...", I quieted myself to remember back what had happened back then.

 

-Flashback-

"I am sorry, Min Woo.... I can't love you...", I replied his confession.

"But, why? You haven't give it a thought...you answered it without thinking, Dong Wan-ah...", he turned my head to look at him.

"I love you....", he whispered and leaned closer. I put my hand on his chest and stopped him. It was awkward for me to be that close to him since he confessed to me.

"No...Min Woo....We are best friend...nothing else....please understand", I said.

"So, that is why you decided to go to Canada? I think study is just an excuse for you to get away from me...", he pricked his hands.

"To be honest....It..." I tried to answer him but,

"Stop!!", he cut me off and stood up from the bench.

"I don't want to hear it!", he covered his ears and then, just like that, he walked away.

"Min Woo...", I muttered his name as my eyes were glued to his figured leaving me alone, speechless.

 

-End of Flashback-

"Min Woo...", I blurted that out, gaining his attention.

"Yes...?", he gripped my hand tighter.

"Nothing..", I was surprised because he heard that soft muttering. I pulled away my hand, his lips pouted because of that, I tried to get up but I failed miserably. A hideous groan came out as I tried to move my shoulder. It was truely too painful for me to handle. I landed my own hand on the injury. The contact was no joke! I nearly teared up when the pain spreaded so fast, effecting my movements. He frowned his eyebrows, looking at me weirdly. 

"Where is my housemates?", I attempted to get out from the awkwardness. I lied back on the bed, gave up to be in a sitting position. I reached my hand for the glass of the drink while waiting for his answer. He rolled his eyes as he acknowledged my stupidness. I am stupid! How could I drink in that position? Blinking was the only thing I could do while staring at the glass.

Without saying anything, Min Woo took the glass using his left hand. He just chuckled when I pouted my lips,seeing the glass was being taken away. He used his right hand to encircled my entire body to be in his embrace. I flinched a little bit because of the contact, but he balanced my body, thus, the pains were lessened and at least it was bearable for me. He smiled when he leaned the glass towards my lips. I looked at him. At that moment, his entire face was visible to me. To be honest, my heart was suddenly beating so fast. I did not even understand why it acted that way. After I finished drinking, he put the glass away, but not a single moment he let go of his embrace. When he turned his head to me, again he gave me that half moon-eyed smile.

"Don't force yourself, Dong Wan-ah....you are not getting younger day by day...", he put me down carefully and then he flicked my forehead.

He loves me. I could see it from his eyes. It shows obviously that he loves me. I did not know how to react from such a lovable gaze from him.

"Your housemates are all have gone to spend their weekend. They were surprised when you were brought in here but I assured them I can take care of you", he explained.

He settled himself and sat near to my bed. The silence slowly crawled between us two. Out of sudden, he was shivering and faintly sobs coyld be heard from him.

"Why, Dong Wan...?", he fumbled my sheets. He turned his eyes away when he asked that. I could see he was fidgeting.

"Why what..?", I asked again

"Why you were not being careful?", the white sheet was crumbled in his hand.         

"I saw it....I saw how you fell down...I saw how your body,your precious body disappeared from the bike...I saw your body flew  and fell from that height...I saw..", he stopped his mumbling as I put my finger on his lips. He bowed his head. A drop of tear fell on my hand.

"Min Woo..don't cry....", I patted his head but damn! Even that brought pains to my shoulder. When he heard my obvious growls, he lifted up his head,looking at me in worried.

"I..want to sleep..", I croaked those words. Honestly,these pains tired me out. My body was dead tired but pains prevented me to sleep. Furthermore, I could avoid the awkwardness between us too.

"Sure..go ahead..", he wiped his tears and tucked me nicely in the blanket. I stayed silent while I watched him taking care of me. Then, I just let the sleepiness came into me.

I thought it was long enough for me to sleep, but just after a few minutes, I was awake because unconsciously, I changed my body's position and that took my sleepiness away. I tried to sleep again but I could not stop my body from tossing and turning since they were my habits in sleeping. It happened a few times. I cried. I did not know it was so painful only to sleep. And then, for the last time, I attempted to sleep and I did not know how it worked when finally I fell into a deep slumber without feeling any pain.

I opened my eyes and saw the rays of sunlight entered the room. It took time for me to realise that I had an accident in the previous day because I felt so calm and peaceful. My eyes were searching for Min Woo when suddenly I felt my body was being held in someone's embrace. I turned my head and saw his sleeping face was very near to me. I did not feel awkward anymore. I smiled because suddenly I realised he was hugging me to make my body stayed still when I slept. He put his leg on mine and his other hand was holding my sides. That was the reason I could sleep. He held me. I slept because he hugged me, embraced me, making sure that I slept well. I could not help to stop the smiles that formed on my lips.

At that moment, the silent moment, I looked at him. Somehow, I feel warm when my eyes caught his beautiful handsome face in my view. His closed eyes' lids made him resembled a child sleeping peacefully. His embrace was warm. I did not feel any awkwardness anymore. His long eyelashes are pretty. His nose is cute. His lips......

"I love you, Min Woo....", I leaned to him and landed my lips on his. After that, I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep again.

 

 

Min Woo's POV

I heard some movements from him in the bed but I ignored it. I know he had awake. I could feel soft breaths on my face second by second but I persistently closed my eyes.. I felt the pillow moved a little, and then I heard,

"I love you, Min Woo....", something soft and plumpy fondled my lips softly. He stopped there. He did not even bother to pull away. Our lips locked and we stayed like that.

my lips creeped a smile but I did not pull away too.

"I love you too...", I answered him. Only in my heart. But..now, I know, we love each other, i hugged him tighter, pretending I was still asleep.

The End.

 

 

Author's Note : I am sorry....bye....