Chapter 9

Choi Young Do's Partner

Meh Ari walked out from the school after that, heading to the bus station when her cellphone rang. She looks at the screen. It's US Number, It's Kim Tan.

"Hello?"

"Why don't you answer my email? How can you got involved with Young Do, because you are social care group student? Meh Ari, answer me right now!"

Meh Ari sighed deeply, "Kim Tan, please stop that command tone on your voice, i already getting tired of all the command tones around me today and i really really annoyed." she said "I think i could killing myself if i kept being commanded like a slave."

Kim Tan silent for awhile and then worryly said, "Neon.. gwenchana? Should i go back to Korea?"

Meh Ari smiled, "Anniya.. If you wanna come back, i hope that because you really want to and not because of me. I still okay, I can bear it.."

"Just that... Young Do now pick on me as a target, i think.. all the student doesn't even dare to talk me again.. well, maybe because i was a social care group too.." she continued. "I don't know, it's complicated."

"One day i should come back eventually, maybe if i come back because of you, i will got a little courage." he said. "Young Do that bastard is a rough man, but he didn't hit girls, just stay in distance with him, don't fight back."

"You know him?"

"He was my friend. Once."

Meh Ari remembers about Young Do, and she asked, "That man.. was he always being like that?"

"Like what?"

"A lonely bully.. kind of."

"He is always a bully, and before.. he wasn't alone, he was with me, we make friends state on the status. And who can compared to Jeguk and Zeus big business?" he said "But to think it now.. i think he is alone.. but i'm not sure that he will lonely. Maybe he is... But also, don't take any sympathy on him.."

"He.. hurt you, Tan?"

"He turn his back on me when he knows that i am mistress' son."

Meh Ari stop her steps, "He knows?? How can he?"

"I told him. Stupidly think that he will accept me."

Meh Ari shakes her head, "How can he turn his back just because of that?"

"He hate mistress, always. His dad... cheated on his mom, i think... and make his mom left him when he need her so much."

Meh Ari sighed, "I just wonder that if i feel tired of being bullied, i will tell him who am I, but I think nothing will change, right?" she rolling her eyes when added, "Maybe he will actually find a reason to kill me."

"He hate me more after that... because i'm being late telling him that his mother come to see him at school. End up his mother thinking that he doesn't want to see her anymore and leave."

"Are you regret to tell him?"

"I'm regret... i realize that i can choose the right way to told him."

"How about knowing everything from the TV?" Meh Ari joke. "Kim Chairman asked me to come today.. maybe he will forced me to wear a cinderella's dress and pulling me as Ji Sook omuni's daughter."

"Then you will officially being my sister.." she can hear Kim Tan's laugh.

Meh Ari rolling her eyes, "I hate to tell you this, but i still your sister whoever my mom is."

Kim Tan cough. "Meh Ari.. I decided.. I will return."

"Really??"

"Hmm.. i know that my existance make a lot of people feel lonely." he said “But I always imagined about the people who are lonely because I exist will at least once.. felt lonely because I wasn’t there.”

“I want to believe that hyung felt pain deeply at least once.. after sending me away.." he said.

"You have to come and bear the pain, Tan.. so you will know what the truth lay behind their actions."

"You know why your mom send you to Dad?"

Meh Ari lift her shoulder, "I still bear with the pain. I can imagine how my mother think that i will happy with those money around me, but i can't imagine that my mom will be that stupid and honestly believe that Kim Chairman will provide anything i need without any condition. At least she is a teacher. She should be cleverer."

"You still call him Kim Chairman?" Kim Tan said with wondering tone.

"Until he can accept me as my mom's daughter.. if not.. he will always being Kim Chairman."

"Stubborn girl." Kim Tan laughed.

"When will you come back?"

"Soon.. I'm in contact with Yoon Secretary."

"Tan.. I'm glad you will back."

He being in silent when slowly said, "You know what.. i met a girl here."

"Don't say you will come back because of her."

"I don't know that i will see her again or not.. but yes, she is one of my reason. She is from Seoul."

"I'm jealous." Meh Ari pouted.

"You too, find a boy!" Kim Tan teased on her.

"Hehhhh.. hopeless." she said, and both of them smile.  "I will go to work."

"Good luck." he said.

"I sent back the luck to you.. you need it more than me." she grinned.

"Aish! Hung up!" he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh Ari busy on the queue line when she see Young Do walking in the mart. Young Do's eyes met hers and he smirked. Meh Ari frowned a little and avoid his eyes, keep trying to look busy. He just turn back and slowly walk around the mart. Young Do walk to the food counter, enjoying his time. He looks at the cashier and the people is lesser now. He took a kimbab, a ramen, and then more snacks.. each one, and also a bottle of water and walk slowly to the cashier. He is the last person stand in queue line. He puts all the items in the table, and cross his hand in front of his chest, look at her, daring her to said something.

Meh Ari wanna burst out something, but then she hold and start to scan the items.

"Have you eat?" he asked. "Ohhh, don't be like that.. i hate to being ignored." when Meh Ari not responded.

Meh Ari stop her works. "Why you always eat at the convinient store even when your family is that RICH?" she spurred out, annoyed.

He smiled. "Slowly.. i still wanna talk to you." he grabbed her hand when Meh Ari moving so fast scanning that all items he chose, "Don't make less of my effort to buying that all things."

Meh Ari stop her hand and look at him, "What?" She frowned.

"I bought all of these, each one, so i can talk to you in the middle of your work."

Meh Ari sighed deeply, "Crazy." she said.

But Young Do can see she slower her move and he smile, relieved. "I wanna eat with you."

That's not a question, just a statement. Meh Ari look at him and his eyes look at her, deeply.

"Ramen?" she said while avoid his eyes, keep scan that almost none things.

"Now, yes.. but if later you have any suggestion, i can accept." he smirked.

"If you answer my question before." she said without looking at him "4270 won."

Young Do look at her, while take out his wallet, pull out a 10.000 won and said "Because it won't look strange even that i ate alone... Take the change."

"Andwe.. Stop there." she said when Young Do turn back. He turn just his head, "Just take that.."

Meh Ari take the change with her and walk out the cashier desk, she grab his hand and put them on his hand. "I don't want to feel like being bought by you." she said.

Young Do doesn't move his -now full of small change- hand. "Don't be like that..."

"Keep that and i will eat with you." she said while looking at him.

Young Do look at her, "Really?"

Meh Ari pounding her foot on floor, annoyed. But then she called her mates to replace her in cashier for awhile. That boy look at Young Do and looks like he asking Meh Ari and make sure she will be all right or something which she answered with a smirk nod.

"What did he said?" Young Do looks curious while pushing one cup of ramen to Meh Ari.

She sit down in front of him on the corner. "Bwo ga?"

"That boy!" he answered.

"He said that he doesn't believe i could have a friend with such a villain look, like you." she looks like she hold her smile. But Young Do just open his chopsticks. "So.. what do you said?"

"He is not look like a villain." she said.

Young Do lift the noodles while said, "Really?"

"He is the villain." Meh Ari took hers to and after said that, slurp the noodles up.

"Glad that you remember that." he said, smirked.

------------------------------------------------------------------