Chapter 17

Choi Young Do's Partner

The other side, Kim Tan arrived that evening. Yoon welcome him.

"Whaa.. you grew well, is that because the food there?" Yoon said with his smile. "Your mother called me 4 times to make sure i picked you up. And your father will happy to see you too."

Kim Tan give him a warm hug. "How do you do, Yoon Secretary-nim?" 

"Well, I always the same. But your father doing extra good."

Yoon give Tan the newspaper about Meh Ari. "His first son did the job well as president, his second son grew well at US and now come back to him, and now his niece.. is found."

Kim Tan frowned and reading the news, he closed his eyes in despair. "Where is Meh Ari now?"

Yoon just shake his head. "I don't know, you wanna look for her?"

Kim Tan sighed. "But I have to met Won hyung first."

Yoon nodd and pat his shoulder and then grab him while walking out from airport.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Won is on his office, sitting behind his president's desk. Yoon coming in with Tan. Won glare at Yoon and then looking at Tan with his cold eyes. "When you arrived? How long will you stay?"

His sentence is directly ask Tan when will he flew back to US, and that cold sentence hurt Tan. 

"I decide to come back here, hyung."

"For how long?" once again Won ask him.

"I decide to stay." he said "It's already 3 years hyung.. i miss my mom, i miss appa.. and i miss you. I miss here, hyung. Please let me stay.. i promise you, i will still just doing nothing and play, but let me do that at here, just not at US.. let me stay here, hyung.. I'm not intend to do something you afraid me to."

"The thing I afraid, is can't decide by the young boy like you. It's not because you intend or not. It just because they want you to or not, and you will have no choice."

"Hyung.."

"You threw away the only chance for us to live in peace."

Kim Tan stunned in his place. 

"Stay then." he said "Now, leave."

Won is already drowning to his job again, and then Tan just can turn back and leave. He look at Yoon in sadness and then walk out from the door. When the door is shut, Won look at Yoon. He stare for awhile, wanna ask why he bring Tan here, but at last he just said, "Book a hotel room for me, i won't go back home."

"For how long?"

"For time being." he said, "I won't go back as long as Tan is there."

"How if Meh Ari is there too?"

"..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Tan arrived not long after Meh Ari left. Kim Chairman is still on his room. Kim Chairman look at him, he welcome him in a manner, without any warmth like what his mother did. His father always keep a distance from his family. Kim Tan sighed and sit there.

"Welcome home.. They take care of you wel? How about the house?"

"It's too big.. very bright in the morning but very dark in the night."

"Good.. you just can see the star when it's dark."

Kim Tan look at him. He continued, "How about your study? What did you learn?"

"I'm not learning anything.. i just having fun."

Kim Chairman look at him and shakes his head, "How can a person grow passionless like you."

Kim Tan just stunned in his place. He has nothing to dream, nothing to chase for, and he doesn't even understand why he live. If there must be a reason to live, than maybe he live just to find that reason, until he met that girl. 

Cha Eun Sang, the girl who he accidently met at US, teach him about leaving with dream. She dream about Hollywood, about study aboard, about eating pie and orange juice, all kind of things that Kim Tan laugh of. Simple.. but actually that was dream for her. Kim Tan then uderstand, that dream is not always have to be big and hard.. it's can be as simple as eating pie with orange juice in the morning. So he set his dream now, that is to be loved by his family..

"Go back to your room and get rest.. You must be tired." he said. Kim Tan wake from his own thought, and give his father a bow then leave.

He walk to his room in second floor and look at his mom who wait him in front of his room.

"Mom.." he said while lean on the wall.

"My son!" she said while similing brightly, he smile back and wrap his arm on her shoulder, both of them go into his bedroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're arrived, Sir.." the driver said.

Young Do look at Meh Ari who lean her head on his shoulder. His arm wrap her shoulder and slowly he her hair with his hand. He sighed when dragging her slowly, get her out from the car. His maid come out hurryly.

"Young Master, welcome.. Omo! Who is that girl."

"This is my friend. Appa is not here, right?" he said. That maid shake her head.

"Prepare a warm milk and take it to my room. And If, my father come home.. please hide this as much as you can."

"To your room, Sir?"

Young Do sighed, "Just in case if Appa come home, he will found out easily if I let her sleep in guest room. At least he never come to my room suddenly"

The maid just nod her head and help Young Do to take her to his room. Young Do ask the maid to help Meh Ari changes her clothes and also help her to drink a little warm milk while he changes his own clothes in the bathroom. The alcohol's smell is all on his body too.

When he walk out, Meh Ari already sleep sound. He cover her with the blanket, he look at her sleeping face, let out tiny smile and walk to sleep on the sofa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Early in the morning...

Meh Ari feel her head was so hurt. She try to open her eyes. Where is she? She woke up and look around. 

"Owh!!" she gasped when she saw Young Do on the sofa. "CHOI YOUNG DO!" she almost shout.

Young Do heard her voice and woke up. He yawned. "Woke up?" 

Meh Ari look at her body under the blanket, to check wether something happen yesterday. Young Do left out a laugh.

"Ya! What are you thinking! Dirty mind!" he said. "I'm not that kind of man, you know!"

"Why am I here?" Meh Ari frowned.

"Why do you think?" he smirked.

Meh Air bitting her below lips. "I just remember that i drank soju..."

"You are not in the age for drinking, i think.."

Meh Ari frowned, "Am I doing something weird when i drunk?"

Young Do look at him while raising his eyebrow, "Well, actually i like you more when you drunk. except the alcohol's smell on your body." he wrinkled his nose and smirked. Meh Ari closed her eyes on despair. "Why you taking me to your house! If you are a good man, you have to sent me home, right!"

"I'm never said i am a good man, tough.." he said, left out a little laugh, "But the reason i don't take you home is actually because you said you don't wanna go home."

Meh Ari bigger her eyes "Me?". Young Do hold his smile while said, "Hahh.. I just realised that you are that kind of woman. Ck ck ck.." he said, "You make me disappointed."

Meh Ari really embarrassed, "I don't remember anything." she said, while hitting her own head.

Young Do walk to the phone in his room, "Ahjumma, bring us a glass of warm milk." he said.

Meh Ari look at Young Do, and hestitated said, "Thank you for taking care of me."

Young Do look at her and then said, "Tell me honestly, so you are really Kim Tan's sibling?"

"Half sibling."

"Same father?"

Meh Ari look at him and then nod. "Ne.. But he won't admit that, never, because it will become a scandal."

"So i am the only one who knows this truth? Beside of Jeguk family's member?"

"And their maids.. and also Yoon secretary. I think. It still a big secret tough."

"Why are you telling me then?'

"Because i promised to you. That you will be the first to know the truth. Maybe the only one, because i don't have confidence that i can tell others again."

"You don't scare that maybe i will tell others?"

"Actually, I tell you in a half conscious state too." she said, dry laugh and then continued.  "I scared, but i have nothing to lose." 

She sighed. "I really want people to know the truth but also scared that just like Kim Chairman said, Jeguk Group will be in a big problem if the scandal of me spread out. Maybe if that was spread out by you, then my guilt will be lesser."

Young Do squat down to the bed side, he touch her hand hesitately, "I really really hate illegimate child, you know.. but i also like you.. You said, what should I do?"

Meh Ari look at his sincere eyes, and then the door knock heard. Young Do sighed and stand up, walk to the door and accept a glass of warm milk from his maid. He walk closer to Meh Ari and give it to her.

"Drink it up.. let's have a breakfast."

Young Do just wanna walk away when Meh Ari held his hand, "I have no choice about my birth secret. It is something i couldn't change. Tell me, what will you do to me?"

Young Do look at her, "Then I guess, I can't like you anymore." he said, "I will try not to meet you. And because you are Jeguk family member now, your position in school will avoid me to bully you again.. so as long as i don't go to find you, we don't have any reason to meet each other again."

Meh Ari stunned in her place. "You will avoid me?" She doesn't like that.

"And look like you don't work at that convinience store again so i think we won't concidiently meet too." he said "But if we really met, please just act like you don't know me." he said.

"Why you don't just get angry and hate me?"

"Just like i said before. I like you. Even that you don't believe me but i do. " he said and sighed, "I won't tell others about this. I still like the feeling to know the secret by myself only."

Meh Ari nod, "Araso. If that is your choice. Than i won't disturb you again. Where is my clothes?" she calmly said.

He point on the paper bag on the table, and then said. "But just take that with you.. The clothes you wearing."

She shakes her head firmly, "No. I will change. I won't take anything from you."

"Let's eat breakfast together.. As a last meal between us."

"I think i will just go."

"Let's eat. I said." he give force in his sentence "Changes your clothes as you want, i wait you below, and then i will take you to school. And then we said goodbye. That's the order."

She look at his eyes and then nod. She stand up and walk to the bathroom. Young Do stand there, look at her back.

Just then, her handphone ring. Young Do walk closer and look at the scene. Kim Tan. He chuckled. "That bastard." he said and pick up.

"Yeoboseo? Meh Ari! Where are you! Why you don't reply my messages! I'm in Seoul now! When will you come to see me?"

Young Do just keep silent.

"Yeoboseo? Ari? Meh Ari? Ya!"

Meh Ari walk out and look at Young Do, "Why you picked up my phone!" she shouted and grab the phoned.

"Yeoboseo? Kim Tan?"

"Where.. are you?"

Young Do snatch the phone again, "My house. Bye." he said while hang up.

"Ya!" Meh Ari said.

"Bwo?" he said. "Our conversation is not end yet.. don't talk to anyone else."

Meh Ari look at that childish eyes and close her eyes in despair. "You said we will say goodbye."

"But not yet right?"

"I really don't understand you."

"I really regret that you don't have the chance to know me better." he grinned. "Ah! So Kim Tan is back then or.. he just in vacation?"

"How will I know, you hang up the phone."

He took out his phoned and press a number.

"What are you doing?" 

"Save Kim Tan's number."

"You remember his phone just from that one call?"

"I'm actually quite clever, you know."

"But for what?"

"Just in case."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------