Chapter 13

Choi Young Do's Partner

Young Do finished his cup ramen, and look around while Meh Ari at last slurped a big mouth of soup and finished her meals too. 

"Your mother..." Young Do start his first line in hesitate. Meh Ari lift his head and look at him. Young Do look at the only one mattress on the cupboard. Meh Ari sighed. "Are you always take a note of everything? I realised you always thorough of everything other people not to."

Young Do look at her, "Answer me..."

"My mother was gone by sickness a month ago."

Young Do frowned. "So you live here by yourself only? Alone?"

Meh Ari look at him, "What you really want to hear when you ask me like that? I supposed to say that i live here alone even i'm gonna scare that you will come here anytime? Threat me?"

Young Do look at her and rise his side smile, "Is it hard to live alone?"

Meh Ari look at her empty cup ramen, avois his eyes. "Sometimes.."

Young Do nod a little, "I don't know what other secret you hide, but because i talk about something sad, i feel bad now.. so i let go to ask more for now."

"You always bad, by the way."

"Don't make me wanna ask more."

She silent. Young Do sighed and get up, "Thanks God you are so small, if not you will feel stuffy live in this small room."

Meh Ari glare on him. He said she is small! Haish.. what a reckless boy!

"At least i can call this home when i get tired and wanna rest." she said.

Young Do walk to his shoes and while wearing them, he said, "Hhh.. at least you have one."

Meh Ari sent him to the door without realise what the meaning behind that sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is almost 12, when Young Do arrived at his empty house.

Young Do walk off from the taxi and casually get into the house. His housemaid, the middle aged woman welcome him in surprised, and look like she already sleep and then wake up.

"You're home, Young Master." she said, "Your father isn't at home."

"I know. You can go back to your room, don't bother me." he said while walking to the second floor and get into his room.

Young Do almost never spent his night in this house, sometimes he will stay at Zeus hotel, sometimes in Myung Soo's studio. He will just come home when his father order him to do so. 

He remember when he was just a child and when his mother doesn't leave yet.. even at that time, he almost never see his father at home. His father will leave early in the morning and come home very late. Young Do just have his mother in his child life. He hates his father. He always see how his father get drunk and beat his mom. He always help his mom to cure her wound in their tears. His mom always try to find the courage to take him leave this house.. but eventually, when she decide to go.. she leave him. Alone.. 

Young Do strech his long leg on the bed. "If she really love me, she should take me go that time.. isn't it?" he whispered, not to another person but to himself. Then, he turn off the light and before he close his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meh Ari walk casually to her locker when a hand grab her and drag her to the corner corridor, she doesn't even have to think, it definitely Young Do. "Waeeee?" she said, but when Young Do turn his head to look at her eyes. That dark eyes make her tremble. She gulped, "Wae.. Wae yo?" she repeat, start to getting nervous.

He throw the newspaper to her feet and turn around, place his arms to his waist. Meh Ari bow to get the newspaper. That is her. In the front page. Kim Chairman of Jeguk Group's sister's daughter, adopted to Kim family. 

Meh Ari look at that and get shocked. Kim Chairman state that her mother is his long time disappear SISTER! So is he said that she is his NIECE? Meh Ari wanna shout out but now Young Do stand in front of her, wanna chew her at once. 

"What is this?" he said.

"I hope i know what is this." she simply said.

Young Do push her to the wall, she shouted in shock. "Jeguk Group niece? Adopted daughter?"

Meh Ari gasped when he grab her shoulder, "YOU SAID YOU WILL TELL ME FIRST!"

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS THIS!" she yelled.

"Now that you are a rich girl, you dare to yell on me?"

"You don't even know half of me!"

"THAN TELL ME!" Young Do shout, "If i really have to know, i wanna hear that from you."

Meh Ari remember how Kim Tan tell her about Young Do who turn his back when he knows Kim Tan is illegimate son. She sighed. "I'm not Jeguk Group niece.." she said.

Young Do look at her.

"I'm his daughter.. my mother is his other woman."

"You what?"

"I'm his daughter.. I'm not Kim Chairman's niece.. I'm his daughter! Eotteokhale*?"

Young Do widen his eyes in disbelief. He sighed, he looks shock but in just a moment, his expression gone dark, and Meh Ari suddenly regret about what she do. Young Do turn his back, avoid facing her when he said, "Another mistress' daughter."

He walk away and left. Meh Ari feels her legs suddenly lost the strength. She kneel down and take the newspaper Young Do threw.

Kim Nam Yoon, reveal that his sister died a month ago, and leave her high school daughter into his adoption. He will officially register her as his daughter and due the issue, that daughter is already study in Jeguk School, as the charity student because Kim wanna check the truth behind her born. Now, Kim has already assure about her. The news about her later will be post after another formal interview. -Reporter Jin-

Meh Ari look at the newspaper and the tears fall down. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eotteokhale* = what you going to do