★ { 044. KyuSung } Gray Paper

❝ℕeorago❞ — A Super Junior Oneshot/Twoshot Collection

Title: Gray Paper
Pairing/s: KyuhyunxYesung
Song featured: Gray Paper by Yesung
Requested by: perfect_jongwoon
Warning/s: n/a

A/N; I like angst. (is it not obvious?)


I'm saying this because I'm sorry
I'm saying this because you're crying
I'm saying this because I'm running out of breath
Words that my foolish heart is rushing out

 

"Goodbye."
 
The word that Yesung despise to hear from his boyfriend's mouth. Unable to handle the situation, he just stood there, crying and still unbelievable with the word he just heard.
 
The younger started to walk away, wiping his tears in order to convey the message that he's fine and he's not regretting the break-up.
 
But it was just a cover-up that he feels guilty.
 
How could he do that to his boyfriend? They made a perfect couple, but this will just go to waste. This is not what Yesung is in stored in his mind.
 
"You know we could work this out, Kyuhyun," the older said when the younger was already a meter away.
 
His boyfriend, Kyuhyun, turned around and gave him a frown and a shake of the head. The older have to act fast, and change his boyfriend's mind.
 
He dashed to him and hugged him tight, whispering words like "I can't do this alone" and "Please don't leave me." Instead of a return hug, Kyuhyun gently removed Yesung from his body and walked away, as if nothing happened.
 
The older's eyes are so puffy that he couldn't see that Kyuhyun left, but his footsteps are too familiar for him. Even if they have been tore apart, he will never forget him. Ever.

- - - 

 

In case you get erased and forgotten
In case you grow out of sight and disappear
In one second, I repeat these words
Thousands of times: don't go far away

 

On the way home, Kyuhyun pondered on the situation a while ago. Was that the best thing that he could do? He knows he a burden to the older, but why does the older kept on loving him, despite of his imperfectness?
 
He knew he made mistakes, but Yesung kept on opening his arms and accepting him. Sometimes, he think that the older is making a fool of himself, but he would see it in his eyes that it's all because of love.
 
Love. The word that made Kyuhyun fall apart.
 
Promises and secrets were kept in between them, but Kyuhyun made it go to waste.
 
Pretending. An action that Kyuhyun can do in front of his boyfriend.
 
Hurt. The word that slowly tears him apart.
 
How could he do this to him? He then realized how useless he was. And how Yesung loved him more than everything else in this materialistic world.
 
He just made it go to waste.
 
His eyes started to swell and not for long, he cried. Everything was his fault, and this happened because he can't bear seeing Yesung making a fool out of himself.

 - - - 

 

I'll walk slowly, one step, two step
Your footsteps are so familiar to me, one step, two step
You're getting father and farther away and
Disappearing little by little with heavy footsteps

 

Those "I love you's" still remain inside Yesung's heart, and it will never be removed. These are only for Kyuhyun, and not for anybody else.

He realized that Kyuhyun can only make him happy, even though he's being a total fraud in front of him. His small hands fits perfectly with his whenever they're together, and his arms are long enough to hold him in his arms.
 
He had been perfect for him, even though nobody is perfect in this world. But for a while, he couldn't help but feel sorry.
 
For making himself such a total jerk.
 
His footsteps are so familiar to him, that maybe, just maybe, Kyuhyun would come back and make things turn around.
 
But that is too far from happening.
 
He sat down hopelessly on the benches, thinking that reality is making fun of him and destiny is making him hope more.
 
Just then, footsteps are heard from afar. Yesung rubbed his eyes to see who it was, until his visions were clear.
 
Kyuhyun.
 
It was ecstasy when he met him again, but his face was not brighten up, as if the place was already a burdensome place for him.
 
"Hey," Yesung simply said, trying not to hide his smile. Kyuhyun straightly went to his side, sitting down comfortably.
 
"You want to know the reason why I left you, right?" the younger asked, not looking at him and stifly placed his hands to his sides.
 
The older nodded a little, trying not to hide the fear of being left.
 
Again.
 
"Look, if it's all about the promises and such, then it's okay. We could still make our relationship last," Yesung said as he touched the younger's hand.
 
Kyuhyun slowly removed his hands from the older, "I did a huge mistake, Yesung. It's not what I dreamt of before."
 
Yesung slowly nodded, "I-I understand." He started to shiver, eyes starting to water. He loves Kyuhyun more than anything else in this world, but they need to move on.
 
And forget.
 
"I'm sorry, really. I..." the younger trailed off, unable to speak and to continue. He then stood up and left without another word.
 
Yesung started to break down. He realized he will never return the old relationship, and that they will easily forget each other.
 
And their footsteps are the last thing they would remember of them.