★ { 009. HanChul } What Becomes of the Broken Hearted

❝ℕeorago❞ — A Super Junior Oneshot/Twoshot Collection

Title: What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
Pairing/s: HankyungxHeechul
Song featured: What Becomes of the Broken Hearted by Backstreet Boys
Requested by: moongrl
Warning/s: if you're into mental issues then yeah this is for you + non-fiction references

A/N; Angst. Yes guys. I fell in love with angst.


As I walk this land of broken dreams
I have visions of many things
But happiness is just an illusion
Filled with sadness and confusion

 

"I'm not going out of this room."

Heechul shouted from the outside as Leeteuk told him to go out because it's lunch time. It has been a day without his lover, Hankyung, and he has been a little crazy and bipolar. His attitude changed after Hankyung decided to file a lawsuit against their company, SM Entertainment.

A promise that has been broken.

The two promised of happiness and a quiet life after the both of them retired in the Korean industry, but he guess that this love would be short-lived but filled with unforgettable memories and such. But every beginning has its ending, sometimes a painful one rather than a happy ending.

"Aish, I need to rest," he muttered to himself after a long day of crying and cursing. He lied down in bed, until his phone rang. The diva perked up and immediately picked it up.

"Yoboseyo?" he answered, stumbling a little from all his weight and his pillows.

"Heechul-ah, I miss you."

- - -

 

I'm searching though I don't succeed
Someone's love there's a growing need
All is lost there's no place for beginning
All that's left is an unhappy ending

 

"M-mwo? H-Hankyung?" his eyes popped out as he heard his ex-lover's voice all over again. How could he possibly call the Chinese man, if he couldn't even read a little Korean? He took a deep breath and tried not to cry. His fragile heart might break again, or this is just a mere hallucination or dream.

"It's me. You miss me?" the speaker asked him. He can't speak, he can't even breathe. Is this all a dream? He spoke to him calmly as possible, "H-Hankyung... I..."

"I know you've been facing a hard time without me, but I can assure you that..." he paused, trying to pick up and say the right words for his dear Cinderella. Heechul waited, wishing that it wouldn't hurt him and such.

"... I'll be waiting for you. I...love you," Hankyung added, trying not to cry. Heechul, on the other line, tried not to be like him, but with the sniffs, he can't bear the pain hearing his Chinese boyfriend cry again and again.The 

The whole afternoon, Heechul and Hankyung talked. Eventually, the old love came back and it became present in their hearts. It was something the both of them couldn't forget, and even if the nation barriers between them, they will never separate.

Time by time, day by day, Heechul's heart starts to mend. His Chinese boyfriend wouldn't leave him alone, would he? He tried to slap himself, but he can never escape the fact that this is reality, and not hallucinations that would eventually catch him up. 

- - -

 

What becomes of the broken hearted?
Who have love that's now departed
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind

 

For the next few weeks, Heechul and Hankyung talked and talked. Who would even realize that they grow together again. Although there are times that he would feel the pain again, he would just ignore this and just go on with his life.

"Why did you even bother calling me? You know you still have your schedules in China, right?" Heechul reminded him as he walked back and forth. 

"A-aniyo, Chullie-ah. They're fine with it, actually," Hankyung answered with a hint of smiling. Heechul chuckled, "Aigoo. You are really one sweet lover." The Chinese chuckled also. But just then, he heard a voice from Hankyung's behind.

"Yah! Han Geng! It's your turn now!" the voice sounded like Leeteuk's. The diva started to slap himself out of it, "H-Hannie? W-was t-that...?"

Hankyung sighed, "No. It's my manager, why?"

"Yah! Han Geng!"

"N-no. It's not your manager. I know the voice of your manager," Heechul told him, getting crazy with what's happening.

"Seriously, this is not the manager," Hankyung convinced, but the diva doesn't believe.

"N-no! That's your manager! You're lying! You lied! You lied to me!" Heechul shouted, but Hankyung was faster.

"No, I'm telling the truth, Chullie-ah!" he said. Heechul kept on slapping himself, pinching, and doing all sorts of painful things just to convey the reality to him.

This is not reality. If it's reality then why is everything not changing? The sky is still dark, his shirt is still dark. He did sleep and eat, but what's happening?

 


REALITY


 

"Are you sure Heechul is really all right, doc?" Leeteuk worriedly asked the doctor that they just called. Heechul's signs of depression has been a lot worst, ever since he started to hide at his bedroom. It was starting to be a permanent disease.

The doctor sighed, "I'm not sure. If he started to talk to himself again, then it's a mere sign that he's really crazy." The other members sighed as they heard their hyung banging on the door and crying.

"Why is he like that?" Henry asked them, not aware about what's happening. Zhou Mi looked at him, and sighed, "Hyung just became depressed and crazy after Hankyung gege left." Henry just nodded and hugged his lover tight.

Heechul started to become crazy, and to bang the walls of his room. Sometimes, the members just wanted to leave him at a psychatric ward, but the company decided to stay him at the dorm and lock him up.

 


INSIDE THE ROOM


 

The diva cried and cried, realizing this was all a dream and Hankyung will never comeback. He can never find true love again, but he keeps on trying to find a way to be happy. But no matter how hard he tried, nothing comes into his mind and decided to go out.

His heart seems to hurt, but he can never move anymore. Happiness is now a mere hallucination for him, and decided not to bother his life anymore.