❄ { 034. ZhouRy } Tried to Walk

❝ℕeorago❞ — A Super Junior Oneshot/Twoshot Collection

Title: Tried to Walk
Pairing/s: ZhoumixHenry
Song featured: Tried to Walk by B1A4
Warning/s: angst oneshot ahead

A/N; Angst has always been one of my favorite genres and my favorite genre to write about.


Don't make that face, this is my last conversation with you
Don't be disappointed - yes, don't meet a guy like me now
I'll be on my way first

 

Zhou Mi was excited to give couple rings for him and his lover, Henry. They both agreed to the place where they first met - the park. But as he reached the place, the younger one was tryimg to shed tears.
 
"H-Henli?" Zhou Mi asked his lover softly. His nickname just made Henry devastate more as he faced the Chinese. Zhou Mi moved closer, but the chipmunk moved a little farther.
 
"Dui bu qui, gege," he apologized, trying not to break down. The Chinese couldn't understand, but the looks that the chipmunk give him makes him realize what's wrong.
 
"W-what's wrong?" Zhou Mi asked him, trying not to understand the problem. Henry couldn't help but cry and hug him tight.
 
"S-sorry, I..." the chipmunk muttered, trying not to spill the truth from him, but he can't contain it any longer. "...I can't do this anymore," he added. Slowly, Zhou Mi removed himself from his chipmunk lover, and moved farther and farther away.
 
Before could Henry speak for the last time, Zhou Mi left without a word. "G-gege..." the mochi whimpered softly before he could even cry.
 
Zhou Mi, on the other hand, was trying to forget slowly, but his feelings for the younger one can't easily fade. He walked faster, until he could run away and never to be seen by Henry again.
 
- - -

 

On my way back from leaving you
I'll forget you, I'll erase you, my burnt and blackened love
I guess love is leaving - it rides the wind and flies far away
I guess everything is changing - I guess you're changing like me

 

Zhou Mi slumped in bed, hurt. It was the first time he was rejected by the one he loves the most. He was willing to sacrifice his own life just for him, but I guess that is all over now.
 
He stared hopelessly at the silver ring as it glistened by the light. Making Henry happy was his job, it was a promise he oathed in front of their parents.
 
The Chinese then decided to move on, even though it hurts deep inside. He placed his brown coat over him and went outside of his room and out of his quiet house.
 
Moving on may be difficult, but that's what life is. He wanted to forget what he and Henry shared - the undying and memorable love they shared - even though it may break his heart.
 
As he strolled along the now-empty park, he stared at the benches where he and his lover used to sit and tell numerous stories. It was also the place where he and his lover decided to part ways.
 
He held back his tears, as he remembered the words that his lover muttered. It was hard to live in the present if you're still recalling the past.
 
Zhou Mi never wanted this. He never wanted to be alone, and he never wanted to walk along the streets he used to walk with Henry. They shared a beautiful relationship but turned out to be a waste of their time.
 
His heart is aching too much that he wanted to die, but he thought of letting this pass by. He decided to face the fact that it's over, that everything is said and done.
 
He decided to walk away from the heartbreaking place, and stroll along the twilight sky of Seoul. He recalled the days when he first met his lover, where they exchanged greetings and smiles.
 
Goodbye was just a sweet word, since they may see again. But as Henry uttered the words "I'm sorry" and "goodbye", he broke down a little. Both of them never did any harm, but he guessed that it's hard for them to face the fact that it's not going on very well.
 
The dark night sky took over as he sadly went back to his home. He wished that Henry would be back in his arms and walk again with him.
 
Apparently, his wish partially came true.

- - -

 

You're looking at me nervously like a whining child
Your tears are holding onto my shoulders that have turned away
Saying goodbye is sweet but I'm okay though it hurts

 

The Chinese saw a familiar figure by the horizon, sitting down on the benches he used to sit with Henry. He carefully walked to the place, until the figure turned around.

"H-Henry?" he called out. The figure rubbed his eyes and half-smiled. As Zhou Mi went closer, his eyes were puffy and red. Has Henry cried all day, still not moving on?
 
"Z-Zhou Mi? Is that you?" Henry called back. Zhou Mi smiled and sat beside him.
 
"Why are you here?" the Chinese asked, trying to hide his happiness.
 
Henry sighed, "I just don't know how to tell this to you. I wanted you to know why we broke up."
 
Zhou Mi knew first that it was not working out, and his chipmunk lover can't do this any longer. But as Henry opened his mouth, his frown appeared.
 
"I never liked this Zhou Mi. I wanted to be with you again, but there's something that bugs me that wanted me to stay away from you," the Chinese-Canadian reasoned out.
 
Zhou Mi's heart was crushed as he heard those words, unbelieved with what he said. Henry sniffed, trying to find words that can suit the both of them.
 
"B-but how...?" the Chinese trailed, but Henry cut him off to tell him the reason.
 
"We did share a beautiful relationship, but I sometimes think that it's not enough," Henry said, not lifting his head up and look at his broken lover.
 
Zhou Mi just nodded, "I-I understand." Henry half-smiled and stood up, wiping the eyes that once made the Chinese fell in love with.
 
"Goodbye," the Chinese-Canadian finally said as he silently walked away from his ex-lover. Zhou Mi cried, his eyes getting all sore and his fists punching the bench and the ground.
 
His wish was never granted, and he wanted to just simply forget it. He crookedly walked towards the grassed part of the park, and lied down.
 
The Chinese then frisked for the ring that he supposed to give to Henry, and looked at its glistening beauty. He realized that he was never going to be his, and he silently accepted it.
 
But he wished that both of them not to show up to each others' faces again. It still hurts for Zhou Mi to see Henry to be with someone else even though it's over.