★ { 015. YeWook } One in a Million

❝ℕeorago❞ — A Super Junior Oneshot/Twoshot Collection

Title: Any Kind of Guy
Pairing/s: YesungxRyeowook
Song featured: Any Kind of Guy by Big Time Rush
Requested by: szujufan27

Warning/s: nothing much

A/N; Hi guys. So I'm back from the dead. [150404, Happy birthday Lee Hyukjae!]
// Edit 140406: Actually repeated two chapters. So will edit this into its proper oneshot. e w eb


How did I get here?
I turned around and there you were
I didn't think twice or rationalize
'Cause somehow I knew that there was more than just chemistry

 

"The chances of meeting you is one in a million."

Ryeowook kept on reporting these group of words when he faces the mirror. He thinks that the one he loves will be his. But dreams sometimes don't come true, most especially in reality.

"Dongsaeng! When will you go out there?! Breakfast's ready!" his older brother, Donghae, shouted from outside the younger's room.

"I'm coming, hyung!" he shouted, fixing his damp hair and finished buttoning up his polo. He grabbed his heavy-loaded bag and headed to the dining area.

The area is lighted by a dim-liy florescent lamp as the dawn starts to set in by the windows. The table is already neatly arranged and his older brother is seated on the left side of the table.

"Whoa, slow down, Eager McBeaver!" Ryeowook teased as he sat down across him. Donghae just cheekily smiled and continued eating.

The younger helped himself with his own breakfast until Donghae perked up. "Oh, and what am I hearing about that 'one in a million'?" he teased, rotating his spoon on his hand.

Ryeowook choked as he heard the words that he uttered a while back. He immediately drank his glass of orange juice before answering, "W-what hyung?"

Donghae chuckled, "Dongsaeng, tell me. Who's that?"

The younger blushed a little as he shoved a spoon of cereal in his mouth. "No one, hyung. Why?"

"I thought I just heard you something say about that 'one in a million'?" Donghae ditched, until he remembered his brother's best friend. "Don't tell me it's Yesung you're talking about."

Ryeowook's eyes popped out, and laughed awkwardly, "W-what are you talking about, hyung?"

The older gave him a Spongebob look, "You like him, don't you?"

"W-well, err... Uhm... You see hyung..." the younger tried to defend, but his brother caught him righthanded.

"That's okay dongsaeng. I know that, maybe, he also needs someone to lean on, to take good care of, and to love also," Donghae reasoned out. Ryeowook just cheekily smiled and nodded, understanding what his hyung said.

The older glanced at the clock, realizing that they might be late for school. "Aish! Let's go Wookie!" Donghae said as he stood up and dumped the plates into the sink. The younger snickered at his hyung's actions.

"Don't call me that, hyung!" Ryeowook grunted. His older brother chuckled and ruffled his hair, "But it sounds cute, Ryeowook!" "Call me that again and I'll call you fishy!" the younger threatened.

Donghae just laughed, "And by the way, I know that you like Yesung for a long time." Ryeowook was stunned, earning the older a chuckle.

- - -

 

I said pinch me
Where's the catch this time
Can't find a single cloud in the sky
Help before I get used to this guy

 

Yesung waited by the lockers, his back leaning against it. He kept on glancing at his watch, worrying his might be late for the first time.

He then saw a familiar figure running towards him and tackled him, making him fall on the ground. "Hey! Have you waited enough?" the male who tackled him asked.

"Ani, why?" Yesung asked with a smile on his face. He stood up and helped the younger stand up also.

"Nothing. I thought I kept you waiting," the voice answered.

"Ryeowook, you do realize you are my best friend in the whole entire world, right?" Yesung taunted.

"Fine, you win this round," the voice, who is Ryeowook, answered as he pouted his lips.

The older couldn't help but smile at the younger's face. "You look cute when you pout, Kim Ryeowook," he complimented.

Ryeowook blushed, "Thanks hyung." Yesung was about to place his arm around the younger boy when...

RIIIIIIIING!

"Hyung, I have to go now. Lunch later?" the younger male asked as he turned to him. The older just nodded and saw his best friend set off, holding his books tight.

~

Yesung went to his homeroom, frustrated. A while ago was his chance to hold Ryeowook for the first time.

"Why so gloomy, Jongwoon?" his other best friend-slash-classmate, Siwon, asked as he sat on the desk beside him.

"Didn't get the chance to hug him, again," Yesung answered, not looking up at him.

Siwon snickered, "You are not really confident about this, huh?"

Yesung likes his best frined for a long time, and he thinks this is the best time to tell him what he feels.

"I am confident, Choi Siwon," the older taunted, but deep inside, he's not really confident about it.

"Jongwoon, I could tell that you're nervous about this. We're talking about chances here!" Siwon said as he flailed his hands in the air.

Yesung sighed, "I know Siwon, but what if there is someone more..." He trailed off, but his best friend know what he's trying to say.

"Hyung, I get you. But, what if there is someone who is not like Ryeowook? Nobody's perfect, Jongwoon," Siwon told him off.

His best friend is right. Nobody's perfect, and nobody's alike. He's right: his best friend is one in a million.

Ryeowook different like the others: he understands who he is and accepts his weird but cute personality, unlike the others who finds him awkward.

Yesung just nodded, his mind pondering on the words that his other best friend said.

- - -

 

They say that good things take time
But really great things happen in a blink of an eye
Thought the chances to meet somebody like you
Were a million to one

 

Ryeowook waited for his best friend by the hallways, fiddling with his fingers with the friendship bracelet that his best friend gave him back then. He already things of what will happen further this day, since he kept on chanting on those 'magic words' so his best friend could be his.

A tap on his shoulder made the younger snap out from his thoughts. "You okay?" the male asked.

Ryeowook nodded and smiled. He then walked beside the older, smiling from ear to ear.

"Same place?" he asked. The younger nodded and walked again, his face blushing fiercely.

As the reach their usual lunch spot - the big mango tree facing the school building - Ryeowook sat immediately on the dry ground. His smile was from ear to ear as the older sat beside him.

The younger just took the moment to relax, chill and be himself with his best friend. After all, there is only one Yesung in this huge world.

The tree witnessed a lot of moments between Ryeowook and Yesung. From the time they first met up to the where they are now, the tree served as a mark of their undying and neverending friendship. It also serves as the beginning and ending of a chapter.

And today, Yesung will end their friendship.

"Um... Ryeowookie..." the older called, making the younger look at him while eating a sandwich.

The sight of a hungry Ryeowook gobbling on his homemade food made Yesung laugh. He wiped the side of his plump lips, smothered with mayonnaise, with his small fingers.

The younger blushed at his best friend's suddent movement and smiled. "You didn't have to do that, hyung," he shyly protested, wiping his mouth.

"I have to, Ryeowookie. Maybe people might say your best friend doesn't care about you," Yesung commented as he took a bite from his apple.

The younger just nodded and continued to eat, his face blushing fiercely.

Yesung then took a deep breath. This is it.

"Ryeowook, you're one of a kind," he started off, Ryeowook's head turning to him.

"You're different. You make me unique and realize I'm not weird. To me, you're my best friend, right?" Yesung paused, trying to find the perfect words.

As Ryeowook heard the words "best friend", he was shocked. All this time, he forced himself to go to the limits, but today, he went overboard. He grew pale, staring at his now-half-eaten sandwich.

"But things will change," the older continued, making Ryeowook confused.

"You're one in a million, Ryeowook. It's impossible to find an another you," he stated. The younger blinked, telling himself he's dreaming. That this is just a lucid dream.

"I'm dreaming," Ryeowook said, still surprised.

"If it's a dream, would I do this?" Yesung leaned in and kissed his best friend. The latter was surprised, and he felt a pair of lips that are warm in his.

As they broke off, Ryeowook touched his lips in amazement. The older chuckled and smiled. "You have been my one in a million also, Yesung. Don't worry, I'll still continue being one to you," the younger replied.

Yesung smiled widely and took that as a yes. Their last chapter as best friends ended, and on to start a new book of their journey together.