Love Like Oxygen

My Electric Heart

 electric heart.

"Taemin-ah." I said monotonously.

"Where have you been?" Jonghyun's voice was rude and demanding. I shot him a glare and he shut up.

Taemin walked closer, putting his hands in his pockets. "I've been..... Out. What are you doing out here?" He eyed us curiously.

"We were just going inside" Jonghyun said, trying to hurry me into the building.

"Wait-" I said, stopping him. "Taemin, I need to talk to you. And him." I pointed a thumb and Jjong, who bit his lip. Taemin chuckled at Jonghyun and then nodded.

 "Alright, should we go inside?" he asked. 


The three of us sat down in the kitchen, Taemin and Jonghyun sitting across from each other, with me in the middle. I cleared my throat, and took a deep breath, then said, "Alright. I need to know the truth about Hee Young." I focused my gaze on Taemin, waiting for him to explain.

He his lips, looking down at the table. "Hee Young." he said, almost in a whisper. I mumbled a quick "mhm" and he sighed. "Didn't Jonghyun already tell you everything, I really don't wanna--"

"Yeah, I already told you the story...what more do you need to know?" Jonghyun said defensively. I noticed the urge in his voice but ignored it.

"No, I need to know the truth. And all of it. So. Taemin, start from the beginning."

Jonghyun gave Taemin a warning glance and he fidgeted with his hands nervously. I could tell he was beginning to break a sweat, as his forehead was getting shiny.

Taemin looked me in the eyes. "You really want to know?"

I nodded quickly. "Please."

"Fine. Alright. Hee Young was a dancer at the academy I went to when I returned to Korea, after the summer with you." He blushed slightly, and a small smile escaped his lips before he continued. "We trained for 2 years together. We were good friends, but there was no way I was interested in her."

Jonghyun lowered his head into his hands, looking down on the table as he sat there. He sighed angrily.

"So...she wasn't your teacher." I confirmed, glancing at Jonghyun, then back to Taemin.

Taemin gave me a confused look, "Um, no?" he said, laughing. "Why would you think tha-" Both of our gazes turned to Jonghyun, whose head was still drooped down to the table. Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, so then both of us decided to go to the SM Audition. We were really excited, and hoping that we both would get in. Only, she didn't, and I did. Naturally, she was upset. She told me there was no way I would ever succeed, and she no longer wanted to be my friend.

"But...once I became famous, she wanted to see me again. I didn't want to just cut her out of my life, and since she was a friend I agreed to meet her once in awhile. After a few weeks, she confessed to me, saying she loved me and that she was wrong to ever ignore me. I'm not stupid though, and I knew this was just her way of getting attention. So I turned her down and told her to leave me alone." Taemin took in a deep breath.

"So, she threatened me. She said she would create a scandal so huge that it'd ruin me. Since her father is a rich man, I knew she was capable. Manager hyung found out about this and made me promise to do what she said, or else it would ruin SHINee. So, she basically made me date her. She got alot of press, and a lot of fame, but she ended up wanting more."

It was all starting to make sense. Jonghyun had lied about nearly everything.

"She was greedy and wanted to take advantage of my connections as a singer. So she told me to get her another audition. By this time, I was tired of it all. So I told her I was going to admit everything if she didn't leave Seoul."

Everything started to click. Taemin really did force her out of Seoul. "Wow..." I said.

"And then she left. Thankfully." Taemin said, breathing in and continually nodding. "That's about it."

I shook my head. "Taemin...I'm so sorry...." I started.

"Don't...it's not your fault."

I turned to Jonghyun, who was back to his former position with his head covered by his hands. "Ya, Jonghyun how could you lie to me?" I said , hitting him against the shoulder. He sat up, pain filled eyes looking at me sadly.

"Huh? Why did you lie?!"  

Jonghyun gulped. "I told you before. Everything I told you, was just because I wanted you for myself. I sensed that Taemin was just trying to make you jealous with Hee Young and I used it to my advantage...."

"Jealous..? Wow..you two are really something." I said, rolling my eyes. Then I realized I still didn't know why Hee Young was here now. "Taemin....why is Hee Young back in Seoul?" I asked.

He looked caught. "Oh...um...well...that is...."

I stared at him, waiting. "What is it?" I said impatiently.

He sighed. "Just like Jonghyun, I've been selfish. I...." he stopped, turning away from my gaze. "I DID want to make you jealous. Jonghyun was right. I guess he knows me too well.....I just....I wanted you to think I had other women I could be with, and I wasn't some lame kid who kept clinging onto you for 5 years."

My jaw dropped. "W-What did you say?"

He leaned forward and grabbed my arms. "That's right. I love you. So much. I've never stopped. I tried loving other people but I just can't!" Tears were forming in his perfect brown eyes. "So when you came here, and I realized I really couldn't get over you....I called Hee Young and told her I forgave her, so that I could....I....I used her.

"And at first, I thought it was working. I pretended like she showed up out of nowhere, and you seemed envious of her. And then, I saw you guys following us, and I thought for sure you were jealous. But I guess Jonghyun made sure that didn't happen.." He sunk his head shamefully.

"You what....? Used her?" I shook my head. "This is all so twisted."

"But you need to know-- it was all done because I love you...and I never really lied to you..." Taemin said, his voice trailing off.

Jonghyun spoke up. "Ya, Ya, listen, and I may have lied to you...but doesn't that just show how much I would do for you?"

I closed my eyes, then stood up. "I...I need to think on my own." I left the kitchen in a hurry, ignoring their calls after me. I ran into my bedroom and plopped on the bed, screaming into the pillow.

The more I thought about it, the more mad I became, and I just wanted to leave Korea right then. How could they do this to me? Taemin used another girl to get me jealous? He knows how I am when I'm jealous. It didn't work out to well last time, with Ginny, what was he thinking?

And Jonghyun lied to me about everything, just so I would take my eyes off Taemin and put them on him? Did he really think that would last long?

My head was beginning to hurt again. I tried to calm down and not think about it, but then I realized something. Taemin and Jonghyun both confessed to me today. Did that mean....I was going to have to pick between them?!

A/N sorry it took soooooo soo long for this to happen :3
now you all know the truth DUN DUN DUNNNN

goodness, this was so hard to write out ><
hope you liked, COMMENT! :)

stay tuned for some cute moments :3
now that the drama is
done lol xD