electric heart

My Electric Heart

electric.

"Alright, just lay down and I'm going to go out and get you some pain medicine, alright?" Taemin said, setting me down in my bed.

I nodded, my cramps starting to pain me even more now. I let go of Taemin's neck as he set me down, looking up at him. I really didn't want him to leave. I also realized, I was going to need more than just painkillers or there was going to be a war scene on the blanket tonight.

"Alright, I'll be right back, as fast as I can." he said.

"Wait Taemin-" I called. He turned back and kneeled beside my bed, worriedly asking, "Yeah?"

"Don't go....." I moaned. Even though I was used to getting these pains, him being nearby was comforting, and being in his arms made me feel much less pain than I did now.

"It's alright," he smiled, "I'll have Jonghyun keep you company while I go. Need anything else?"

I sighed, accepting the fact that he was going to leave, but being thankful that it was for me. "Um...Taemin...." I said. "These aren't actually stomach cramps..do you know what I mean..." I bit my lip in embarrassment.

He gave me a cute confused look, tilted his head to the side and said, "Well then what's wrong?"

I rolled my eyes to the side and didn't say anything for a moment except, "Um..."

His eyes widended. "OHHHHHHHH." He said, biting his own lip and turning bright pink. "I see.....I'll do what I can." He nodded, standing. "Umm, so you're gonna need...." He paused, then smiled hugely. "Lemme go get Jonghyun, and I'll be back quick!"

I watched him go painfully, wishing he would stay by me. We hadn't even gotten a real date. It was amazing how much being a girl could ruin a night. Soon, Jonghyun came in. "Ah, you aren't feeling well?" he said, smiling awkwardly.

I sat up. "I'm fine really, not sick...just a ...stomach ache."

He nodded, putting his hands in his front pockets. "Ah." He looked around, bobbing his head like he was listening to music. He looked back at me, again with the awkward smile, and said, "So....".

I sat crosslegged hugging my stomach, and mimicked him. "Sooooo...."

Why was it so awkward? We had just had a great time the other day, why wasn't there anything to say? I racked my mind for a conversation starter. Finally thinking of one, I asked, "So, how's your night going?"

"Good, pretty good..." he said.

"That's good...."

Ugh, that conversation didn't last long at all. I thought.

"So you need anything? Water? Tea? Soup?" He asked, moving his hands in the air while talking. I smiled politly, saying I was fine, and he sat down at the chair in the room, heavily sighing.

Taemin, hurry....I thought, the pains of both the atmosphere in the room and my stupid cramps getting worse by the second. Finally, after almost half an hour of small talk, Taemin ran in the door with a shopping bag. "Sorry it took so long, some idiot was driving way too slow in front of me..anyways, here's your medicine and here- oh Jonghyun, I didn't see you there."

Jonghyun waved, rolling his eyes. The three of us said nothing, and Taemin bit his lip, not wanting to pull out what he had brought for me in front of Jonghyun. "Then I'll just leave now" Jjong said, getting up and leaving.

Taemin sighed, relived. "Alright, I got you some...um things..." he scratched his head and looked away, handing me the bag. "Just go in the bathroom and...erm..take care of it, and I'll go make you some soup..oh and theres a heat pad in there, so you can put it on that ....area......."

I smiled. Taemin was being overly thoughtful and I loved it. I took the bag, standing up off the bed. "Gumawo." I said, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around him. My head rested on his chest and I felt him surprised, slowly putting his hands around me as well.

I sighed. "Thank you so so much." This was the most anyone had ever cared for me, especially since it was only my period. I squeezed him tighter, and he rubbed my head, petting my hair.

"Don't thank me, you know it's my pleasure. Now go before you die!"

I laughed, letting go of him. "Die?"

He blushed. "Well I don't know what happens if you don't....protect yourself...during this time!"

I laughed out loud, covering my mouth and shutting my eyes. "I'm not going to die." I said.

Taemin smiled. "Good. I don't know what I would do if you did."


"How does that feel?" Taemin said, pressing the heat pad on my stomach. 

"Good, thanks. I can do it though" I said, taking it from him and positioning it where it needed to be. "I feel alot better now, the pain is pretty much gone." Taemin sighed, sitting back on my bed against the head of the bed, putting his arms up against his head in a traingular position.

"Ah, I do work miracles don't I" he said.

I rolled my eyes. "You mean the painkillers do."

I sat back too, grabbing my laptop from the floor and setting it on the bed in front of us. "Should we watch something?" I asked, poking Taemin's face softly.

He glared at me playfully and poked my face back. I giggled, poking him in the stomach, causing him to wince. "Ya, stop that" he said, grabbing my waist and pulling me close to him, wrapping both hands around me and not letting go. I tried to wriggle free but his grasp was too tight.

"Taemin!" I said. He smiled proudly as I struggled, so I stopped moving around, sitting peacefully in Taemin's arms for a moment. I looked up at him; he was smiling happily and proudly. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he moved one hand to caress my hair.

"You know," he started, "Even if we didn't get to go on our date, I feel as if this is still nice."

I smiled, saying, "Ah." in agreement.

Being like this with Taemin felt real, perfect, inexplainable. Something about these moments with him was so comforting, I felt like I could stay here my entire life.

At that moment, I came to the realization what the fortune teller really meant.

Both Taemin and Jonghyun had betrayed me in their own ways, but I had to find out for myself who truly cared for me and loved me. And that, I now knew, was none other than Taemin.

Looking at it now, I couldn't imagine myself with Jonghyun. He was fun, unpredictable, and interesting to talk to, but in the end the one who would be caring for me always was Taemin.

Taemin continued to rub my head and shoulder sweetly, saying softly, "Let's just stay like this for awhile."

A/N haha...sorry Jonghyun lovers....
i hope you guys still comment and stuff :(