Life

My Electric Heart

Even if I block my eyes, lips, ears, and all
Your scent becomes stronger

*buzz* *buzz* *buzz*
I fluttered my eyes open, hearing my phone vibrate next to me on the bed. I sat up and stretched my arms, checking my phone.

"1 NEW MESSAGE: ONEW"

Curiously, I opened the message and read:

"Taemin and Jonghyun are gone today"

I sighed, relief spreading over me. Since I had confronted Taemin, he hadn't spoken to me or to Jonghyun. And since the fair, Jonghyun had done his best to stay away from me. For reasons I didn't know, Jonghyun was mad at me. I almost felt like I shouldn't be here anymore.

I got up out of bed and got dressed, checking the time. 1:00 PM?! How had I slept that much? Quickly I opened my door to find something to eat, noticing the hunger deep in my stomach.

Walking out into the hall, I was greeted by Onew.

"You're awake!" he exclaimed brightly, smiling so that his eyes dissappeared. I smiled, still half asleep and shocked at his sudden interest in me and he continued, "Here, there's some food in the kitchen if you want some. Kibum made it."

I smiled, nodding in awknowledgement. "Thanks....."

I started toward the kitchen when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I turned around and Onew said, "Listen.." he laughed a little and said sincerely, "Don't worry about Hee Young. Taemin wouldn't do anything to hurt you" He nodded quickly and smiled. "Just don't cut him out. He feels terrible."

I bit my lip and looked to the side, then back at Onew. He was looking at me with caring eyes, could I trust him? I figured since he seemed sincere he must be trustable. "Thanks...." I said, looking away.

"I'm sure Taemin will explain everything if you let him." Onew said. He patted my head and walked away.

Wondering what exactly Taemin needed to explain to me, I got some food and sat down at the kitchen table.

I contemplated asking Taemin, and decided it would probably be best for me to do so. Jinki seemed like he knew what was going on, and he was always so nice to me. Alright. I was going to tell Taemin.


Taemin walked into the building, and I immediately ran over to him. "Taemin-ah." I said, looking at him nervously.

He raised his eyebrows, and I noticed the hurt in his eyes. It pained me to see him like this. "Yes?" he asked, trying to smile. His failed smile forced me to look away.

I made myself look back at him. "Let's talk, huh?" I said quickly, before I changed my mind.

He sighed heavily and ran his hands through his hair. Like a flashback, memories of the first time I had seen him do that crossed my mind. I breathed in and bit my lip, narrowing my eyes sadly. I missed how we used to be.

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?" He said coldly. Before I could speak, he let me know he wasn't done talking.

"The fact that you've been disregarding my feelings for the past days? Or the fact that yours have changed, but you won't admit it?" Taemin began moving closer to me. I started backing up and he continued walking toward me. 

"The fact that you keep blaming me for Hee Young showing up? Or that you don't even know what really happened with her, but you're willing to punish me for it?" I tried to interupt but he kept talking, moving closer and closer to me. "Or, the fact that you trust Jonghyun after knowing him for minimal time, but I spent a whole summer with you and get nothing? Is that what you want to talk about?"

I felt my back hit against a wall and Taemin trapped me against it, putting his hands on the wall on either side of my head. I felt his face getting closer as he continued, "Well? Which is it?" I felt his hot breath against my neck as he spoke.

"Tae-" He moved even closer, to where I could feel his legs against mine. I gulped and felt myself start to sweat as my heart sped up. I was sure I was going to have a heart attack any second. I choked back tears and Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Does this position remind you of something? Or should I say, someone?" My eyes got wide, and Taemin moved away from my body harshly. "I don't really feel like talking. Why don't you just talk to your new boyfriend. I'm sure he'd be glad to hear about it." Taemin said, turning and walking away.

I gasped, feeling tears fall as I reached forward and grabbed his arm. "Taemin" I said, sobbing.

He turned his head, looked around, and then broke free of my grasp, walking into his room and shutting the door loudly.

I sank down to the floor, tears sliding down my face. I couldn't think, and my heart felt as if it would shrivel up any moment. I buried my hands in my face and sat there, not knowing what to do.

"A-are you alright?" I heard a voice. I looked up, wiping my face with my sleeve to see Jonghyun standing there. No. No. He can't be here now. I didn't want him. I looked away, biting down on my bottom lip.

He crouched down and put his hands on my shoulders and said, "Look at me."

I didn't turn my head, but did all I could to stop crying. "Ya." he said. I tried pulling away, but he was too strong.

"Let go." I said between sobs.

"Tell me what's going on."

"I don't want to!" I said, louder than I expected. Suddenly the door behind him opened and Taemin appeared.

Taemin laughed, crossing his arms. "Well. It seems I was right."

A/N well well well, caught again by taemin ><
what do you guys think? leave comments!! ^^
DEAR SILENT READERS: speak up! i dont bite :)