Love Still Goes On

My Electric Heart

My love is activated.

16 MONTHS LATER

I flipped the sign over from "OPEN" to "ON LUNCH BREAK: BE BACK SOON".

"Alright, guys, let me make you some lunch." I said, turning to the three SHINee members sitting at one of my restaurant booths.

Onew, Key, and Minho had been waiting here for almost an hour for something to eat. "Hurry up, I'm hungry." Key said, then whispered under his breath, "I should've just made it myself. Tch."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, it's been so busy lately."

Opening my own restaurant had been Taemin's idea. Since I needed work so that I could stay in Korea, he bought the old dance studio where he and Hee Young practiced and let me design it how I liked. After I studied for a few more months on my cooking, I was ready to open it. It had now been open for one week.

The grand opening of my shop had been wonderful. SHINee's performance here had attracted so many guests, that it was now a popular place, even if it hadn't been but a week.

Taemin had been the first to see it.


"Close your eyes." I said.

Taemin laughed. "Why? Is it that great?" I guided him by the hand to the restaurant, opening the door, helping him inside, and then closing it behind us.

"Alright, open!"

Taemin’s eyes fluttered open, and he gasped. “Wow, it looks really great.” He said, squeezing my hand. I smiled proudly as he planted a kiss on my forehead. “Really impressive. Definitely worth it.”

The shop had a rustic feel, very comfortable and calm. I liked it that way, so it could be a good hang out place with me and the SHINee members.

“Thank you so much Taemin. For everything.” I said. "I could have never done it without you."

“Anything to keep you in Seoul.”

I kissed him softly. “Would you like the first meal ever cooked in here?” I asked.

He his lips. “That...” he put his arm around my shoulder. “sounds perfect.”


“Ya, hurry up, we’re hungry.”

I turned around, faced with the 3 members staring at me impatiently, where they had been waiting for my shift to end for the past hour. “Alright, alright, I’ll go prepare your lunch.” I said, running into the kitchen.

Key moaned. “you haven’t even made it yet??” He complained. “Do you want help?”

I nodded. “That’d be nice.” I said, rolling my eyes. He followed me into the kitchen, where we began preparing some chicken sandwiches.

*ding*

The door opened. I yelled out from the kitchen, “Sorry! We’re closed!” then glanced to see who walked in.

"Oh my god!" I said, seeing who it was. I left Key in the kitchen and embraced my friend with a hug. “Hee Young! You’re back from….where did you go this time?” I asked.

She smiled. “Taiwan. Oh my goodness!” she looked around. “This is so impressive. I’m so proud of you.” She said, squealing. She hadn't seen the restaurant since its opening.

I squealed too, hugging her again. “You have to tell me all about your trip later, okay?” I said.

She nodded. “Alright.” She looked around, searching the restaurant. “Where’s Jonghyun?” She asked.

I shrugged. “Not here yet I guess.”

She nodded. “Just like him to be late.” We rolled our eyes.

“Of course. Taemin’s not here either though…anyways why don’t you sit down, I’m making us all some lunch.”

“Sounds good” Hee Young said, scooting into the booth next to Minho. After a few minutes, the door opened again, Jonghyun walking in.

“Just in time!” I said, walking out of the kitchen to greet him with a hug.

“Jjong!” Hee Young said, getting up and exchanging a kiss with him. I looked away, cringing. Even though it had only been 2 months since they started dating, they were already accustomed to more PDA than me and Taemin.

“You’re back already?” Jonghyun said, taking Hee Young by the waist and pulling her into a hug.

“Mmm.” She replied.

“Why don’t you take a seat, lunch will be out in a minute…anyone know where Taemin is?” I asked.

Jonghyun shook his head, looking at the other members, who all avoided my eyes. I narrowed them, putting my hands on my hips. “What’s going on, guys?” I asked. They shook their heads guiltlessly and I rolled my eyes, deciding to let it go.

Key came out with a tray of 7 sandwiches. “Lunch is done!” He sang.

We sat down, squeezing into the booth with the others.

“Should we wait for Taemin?” Onew asked.

I shook my head. “You guys have been waiting long enough…”

*ding* The door opened once again, and Taemin walked in. "Finally." I said. I stood up, planting an innocent kiss on his cheek and asking him to sit. "Key and I made lunch." I said.

“Ahh, this is nice." he said, sitting. "Wow, it’s been forever since the 7 of us were together.” He put his arm around me. “How was Taiwan, Hee Young?”

Hee Young smiled. “Pretty good, I’m back for a few months now.” She said.

Jonghyun grinned, kissing her head. “I’m glad for that.”

I gave Taemin a glance, and he read my mind, rolling his eyes at the two. They were a little too touchy feely with their relationship, but I guess it worked for them.

“So, everyone’s going to our concert tomorrow night, right?” Onew asked, pointing at me and Hee Young.

I nodded, as did Hee Young. “Of course! It’s your first concert, how could we miss it?” I said.

Taemin smiled at me, leaning in and whispering in my ear, “I got you a special seat in the front row.” He winked. "Don't tell Hee Young. She'll be jealous."

I blushed as he ran his hand down my face, petting my hair, then sighed sadly. “I love you.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked, concerned.

He looked at me, his face sorry. “Are you sure I’m not disappointing you?” He asked, putting his hands on my shoulders.

I sighed. We had this conversation almost every week, even more so now that Jonghyun and Hee Young’s relationship had gone public. Sure, it was hard to date in secret, but we both agreed it was better this way so that we could enjoy our relationship without publicity. However much I secretly wished I could hug him after a performance and not have to worry about cameras, it was best for Taemin, so I dealt with it.

“No Taemin, you aren’t. Okay?” I touched his face, giving him a huge kiss.

He smiled wearily. I knew he detected my want for a less reserved relationship, but I pretended to be fine. “Alright.” He said. I hated seeing him upset, but what could I do?


“I put you in the perfect spot.” He explained. “I can look at you whenever I want for inspiration.” He smiled at me. I laughed. He was so thoughtful. This concert was going to be amazing.

“Are you sure you’ll be able to see me?” I questioned.

He nodded. “Positive.”

“Alright, well I’m going to go now.” I said, stealing a quick, discreet hug from Taemin before turning around to find my seat in the audience.

“Wait—” he grabbed my wrist and pulled me around, kissing my mouth deeply. Surprised, I did nothing until he pulled me away, giving a relieved smile.

“Taemin-ah, the cameras…”

“I’m sorry, I really needed that.” He said, inhaling deeply.

“Are you that nervous?” I asked. I knew Taemin had been worried about his voice for this concert, but I had faith in him. I had watched him grow up, improve, learn and succeed for the longest time, and I knew he’d be fine.

He blushed. “Yeah, I am.” He held my hands, and I glanced around nervously.

“I’m sure your voice will be fine.” I said, trying to cheer him up. But to be honest, the amount of people around us was making me nervous.

“That’s not what I’m nervous about…,” he whispered. Taemin put his hands on my face, then kissed me again. “Don’t worry about all the cameras, okay? Let’s just enjoy being around each other…” He pulled me into a hug.

I smiled, happy to know Taemin felt this way.

“Taemin! You need to get your makeup done, now!” I heard someone yell. I pulled away from Taemin, rubbing my head.

“I’ll see you, Taemin.” I said, waving as I left.


I was seated next to a young fangirl and her friend to my right, and a large old man, his wife, and 2 young girls to my left. I watched as he comforted his wife, who was focused on calming down her children. The woman smiled at her husband, and he consoled her as she tried to get things under control. I felt myself watching them, wishing someday I could have a family like that.

A husband who comforted me while I watched our kids, kids I could take to a concert...just a family. I sighed, hoping it could happen.

When the concert finally started, the members took their place on stage, Taemin right in front of me. I smiled at him, not sure if he saw me or not. The first song, A.Mi.Go, had an extravagent performance, and Taemin's dancing was impeccable. I watched them, proudly thinking about how far they have gotten in the past year. So much improvement, I had seen in all of them, especially Taemin.

Taemin had been sad, thinking his voice wasn't good enough for SHINee,but through many long talks and me trying to convince him otherwise, he had become more confident.

Throughout the concert, there was no indication that Taemin noticed me at all, which I was fine with. It was unusual for an idol to find someone he knew in the audience anyway.

But towards the middle, Taemin looked out into the audience and winked in my direction. I blushed, smiling, and blew him a kiss.

He reached out, pretended to catch it, and put his hand to his heart, singing, while looking right at me. My heart was beating fast and I thought how strange it was that just one small movement could make me feel so special.

The girls next to me turned to me. "OH MY GAWWDD, DID TAEMIN JUST CATCH YOUR KISS? YOU ARE SOO LUCKYY"

I smiled. "I am lucky, aren't I." I said, watching Taemin closely. And I was. Lucky to have the love of such an amazing guy like him.

The concert went on, closing on the song "A Yo", my personal favorite. The last note faded out, and the fans went wild, screaming loudly, me included. It was great to feel like a fangirl at the same time knowing the boys on stage are your friends.

Each of the members made their own personal thank you, all tearing up and crying, hugging eachother. Taemin was last.

He started thanking the fans, "I just want to thank each and every one of you out there...we couldn't have done it without you. I feel proud to be a part of SHINee, knowing we have such great fans like you. You guys are the best." He blew a kiss, holding up a peace sign, driving the fans insane.

It took awhile for me to notice the spotlight above my head, and my name being called through the microphone, but when I did, I looked around, confused, wondering what happened.

I looked up onstage, and Taemin was looking directly at me. "Can you, come up here for a moment?"

I sat there, not moving, paralyzed, wondering what was going on. What was Taemin up to? A guard ran over to me, helping me up onto the stage. I walked forward slowly, noticing how many people were silently whispering around me, watching what was going on. Taemin better have a good reason for this.

Calling me on stage to thank me for support was a little much, I thought.

The spotlight was following me onstage, and I gulped nervously. I felt sweat dripping down my face. I had never stood in front of this many people before in my life. I bit my lip, my eyes still wet from crying throughout the concert.

Taemin took the mic off of the stand and walked toward me, grabbing my hands. He pulled me to the center of the stage, where the other members were, crying, smiling, and watching.

I gulped, and whispered, "Taemin what's going on?"

Taemin handed the microphone to Jonghyun,who held it in front of Taemin's mouth as he spoke.

He didn't hesitate. "I love you." he said.

I widened my eyes. What was he doing? He was making our relationship public? I choked back tears, realizing what this would mean for us.

"And...I don't want to hide it anymore."

Suddenly, Taemin fell to one knee, pulling out a small black box from behind him. I gasped, bringing my hands to my mouth. I felt my body shaking, and I was sure I might faint at any moment.

"I love you." He repeated. "I want you to be here, with me, all the time, for the rest of my life, and when I die." He said, choking back tears. His eyes were already wet, as mine were, and I felt a small tear escape them.

I closed my eyes, then opened them as he continued, "Marry me?" he opened the small box, revealing a sparkling white diamond ring, flawlessly beautiful.

The crowd gasped, everyone talking and whispering. I stood there, silently, nervously, not thinking for a moment.

I gulped, trying to speak. My voice came out husky and sobs interrupted it. "Y-Yes." I said, flowing tears now. "Yes!" I held both my hands to my face, sobbing.

Taemin rose, smiling bigger than I had ever seen in all my years of knowing him. He reached out, grabbing my hand, and slipped the ring on my finger smoothly, then reached out and hugged me tight.

The crowd cheered loudly, whistling and screaming. But I tuned it all out. Taemin looked into my eyes, and I saw all the love he had for me in his beautiful, innocent eyes. I smiled, and he whispered, so soft I was sure no one but me could hear, "I love you."

I nodded, "I love you too."

He leaned in, putting his hands on the back of my head, pressing his lips to mine as we both closed our eyes. At that moment, all the clapping, screaming, and crying that I could hear tuned out, and my eyes tightly shut, I only felt the embrace of the one person I could ever feel true love for in my entire life.

My heart would never stray again, not away from the most perfect being I had ever met.

"This mysterious feeling . . . Whisper to me, come to me . . . In this rhythm tonight, swing, my lady . . .My love is activated . . . seems like a dream. . .You steal my heart"

A/N wow, its over...
/SOBBSSSS

KEEP READING >>>