Quasimodo

My Electric Heart

"My heart feels like it’ll explode,
Move, don’t compare me to others"

"Here" Jonghyun said, holding a cup of steaming coffee in front of my face. I took it and he sat down across from me at the small table by the window of the coffee shop across the street from where Taemin was.

"So...she was his teacher." I said, trying to make sense of it all.

"Yes." Jonghyun said, sipping his coffee. It must've been too hot because he winced in pain and set the coffee down quickly.

"And she's older than him?" I questioned.

"Yep." Jonghyun said, bored.

"So what's the secret?" I said. I knew I wasn't going to figure it out on my own. I stared at him, expecting him to tell me. He put his elbows on the table and leaned over staring into my eyes. I leaned back, putting more distance between our faces. He raised his eyebrows and laughed a little, then sat back in his seat.

"You really wanna know?"

I nodded, listening carefully.

"Fine, but don't tell Key I'm telling you."

I nodded, leaning in to hear.

"They dated."

I sat back in my chair and gasped. "Oh." I said, swallowing my jealousy that had burned up inside me.

Jonghyun nodded, eyeing me. "But what people don't know, is that it was fake." He looked around the shop as if to make sure no one was listening. He leaned in, motioning for me to do the same.

Our faces were so close I could feel him breathing. I held my breath as he said, "She was his private dance teacher for 2 years. She's a real famous one, so Taemin got a lot of recognition. Then, when he got the SM Audition, he didn't need her anymore. She got mad, and jealous, so she threatened him. She said she would ruin him, she could create a scandal that would put him out of business. But Taemin didn't want that. So she said he had to pretend to date her."

Relieved, I sighed happily. "It was fake..." I repeated. This was all so shocking. Hee Young really was cruel.

Jonghyun shook his head. "But along the way, Taemin grew to love her." I dropped my jaw and felt a pain in my chest like a sword had stabbed me.

"Wha..?" I said.

"Shh" Jonghyun said, angrily rolling his eyes. "But when he confessed to her, she called it all off and left. No one knew where she went. There were news reporters following Taemin around everywhere, asking what happened. But Taemin couldn't tell. He was really upset. There were a few months where he wouldn't eat or sleep, but just cry. I mean, over time he got over it, but I think he still has some feelings for her. I'm not sure why she suddenly showed up here though. It's curious."

I nodded, taking this all in. Taemin had dated a noona 6 years older than him? And he loved her? Then where the hell did I come in? Was I just his past love he thought he could just bring back to make him feel better? Angry, I got up from the table and stormed out of the shop, only to see Taemin and Hee Young across the street walking down the sidewalk.

I got a glimpse of Taemin's face. He was smiling happily and blushing, giggling and laughing. She was touching his arm and smiling too, making cute faces and talking lively.

My blood pressure rose and I felt myself fall backwards out of shock. Here I was, all the way in Korea, for a man who didn't even love me. I felt someone catch me from behind and I turned around and sunk my face into his chest, feeling myself shed meaningless tears. Knowing it was Jonghyun, but not caring, I held on to his chest, taking in his scent of expensive cologne and coffee.

Jonghyun put his arms around me and pet my hair, whispering, "Shh. It's okay."

A/N alright. from now on it won't be as boring or confusing OTL
sorry bout that
soooooooo! what do you think about this Hee Young character?