Stand By Me.

My Electric Heart

All the meaning of the world disappears
You and I are the only two left

 

I slowly woke up, rubbing my eyes and turning over to get out of bed, when I was face to face with a sleeping Taemin. I shot up, rubbing my head. Oh, right. We had fallen asleep while sitting together last night.

I looked down at his face; his skin looked soft and clear, so much so that I couldn't resist reaching out and it. He twitched, starting to flutter his eyes open. I took my hand away, smiling at his cuteness. He squinted his eyes, affected by the sudden brightness, and huskily whispered, "Good morning."

I chuckled. "Good morning. I guess we passed out....."

He sat up, stretching and nodding his head. "I guess so."

We were then interrupted by the door squeaking open. "Hey beautiful, Key made you breakf-" Jonghyun stopped, staring wide eyed and open mouthed at Taemin and I both sitting crosslegged on my bed. He let out a small "Oh" and immediately turned around, slamming the door behind him.

"Aishh." Taemin said, shaking his head.

"Why do people always walk in and misunderstand things when I'm around?" I said angrily. I bit my lip, starting to get out of bed.

Taemin grabbed my wrist. "Just..let me take care of this, okay?" he started getting up.

"No, I think I should." I said. I needed to tell Jonghyun that I was still in love with Taemin. But I needed to do it myself.


"Jonghyun, may I talk to you a moment?" I asked nervously.

The SHINee boys all looked up from the kitchen table, staring at me, not saying a word. I stood in the doorway awkwardly until Jonghyun pushed his chair out, standing. He walked over to me and I motioned for us to go into the practice room so we could talk.

"Listen Jonghyun-"

"Don't say it." He said, facing away from me with his legs apart, head down and hands on his hips. "Just...don't..."

I frowned silently.

He turned around after a few seconds, looking at me with a sad smile. "About Taemin, right?" I nodded.

He nodded too, saying cheerfully, "I understand. When I saw you 2 this morning..." he shook his head, "I was so jealous. But I realized that you guys together is just natural...it seems right. You guys really are perfect for eachother. I don't want to get in the way again. I..." he paused, his lips, "I can't be happy for you guys just yet but in time, I will be. Just...don't lose him to anyone please. Otherwise I'm going to have to take you for myself."

I gulped, nodding. "Thank you Jonghyun, that means alot." I looked at him sympathetically.

Jonghyun smiled, reaching out his arms. "Now can I just have one more hug?" He asked slyly.

I crossed my arms and said, "Now why would I do that?"

He shrugged, walking toward me and pulling me straight into his arms. I laughed, then hugged him tightly back and he sighed. "I think I like you better as a sister anyway." he said sweetly.

I let go of him, noticing him wink. "Me too." I said.


"Aish, why do they always make us go on errands for them?" I said to Taemin, who was happily picking out the food his hyungs had ordered us to pick out.

He shrugged. "Oh well. Let's just hurry so we can get this over with." He smirked at me.

"AIsh, what's that look for." I said.

He shrugged, moving on. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes he was the weirest person....

We finally finished grocery shopping when we got a call from Onew. "Ya, Taemin-ah, don't come home yet. We need you to get-- um..what? Oh right, we need you to get some more things...." Onew laughed.

Taemin groaned. "Ya hyung. Next time we're sending someone else." he said, hanging up. He turned to me. "We have more to do." I sighed, acting annoyed, but in reality, I found this quite enjoyable, going around town with Taemin. Being alone with him, even if we were just buying groceries, was fun.

We walked down the sidewalk, coming across a stand on the street selling some sort of Korean food. I wasn't familiar with it, but Taemin recognized it immediately. "Ooh!" he said, "Come on, let's try this~"

I looked at it curiously. "What is it?"

"Basically....twisted potato...on a stick!" He exclaimed, ordering one.

"Ya, I thought you wanted me to try it too." I said, pouting.

He smiled, taking the stick in his hand and holding it out. "Sah ahhh" He said cutely. I blushed, opening my mouth. He fed it to me and i bit down, taking the food in my mouth. It tasted good, actually.

Taemin smiled. "How is it?" he said, taking a bite from the stick himself.

I swallowed and said, "Pretty good."

He nodded, smiling hugely. He grabbed my arm and locked it in his and we continued walking down the street, stopping at random stands and trying unique foods I had never tasted in my life. It really felt as if we were a couple, and that pleased me.

Finally when we had picked up what the hyungs wanted,  westopped by a small store, where Taemin chugged down 3 bottles of banana milk, and then continued home. When we opened the door, all 4 boys came walking toward us, looking dressed up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Taemin asked. "We got your stuff..."

Minho brushed past us, leaving the building.

"Ya hyung!" Taemin called. Jonghyun and Onew followed, not saying a word. We watched them with confused faces until Taemin stopped Onew. "Where are you guys going?"

Onew smiled. "We haven't eaten...so we're going out."

"We haven't either...just a few snacks...wait for us!"

Onew shook his head. "No no, you guys just stay here and eat...something." Onew winked, then pulled us inside and left, shutting the door in our faces.

Taemin turned to me, shrugging. "Um, I guess we'll just eat what they made us buy, huh?" he said, looking at the bags of food we had bought.

"I guess" I said. What was their problem, ordering us around and then leaving us with nothing to eat? I was annoyed, but tried not to show it.

Taemin sighed, smiling. "Why's it so dark?" He asked, looking around. I noticed it too, the lights were all off except the kitchen, but even that looked dim.

"Anyway we should probably put this stuff away," I said, starting toward the kitchen.

He agreed and followed me.

"Wh-What's this?" I said, walking into the kitchen. The kitchen lights were all off, but there were candles placed all over the counters and the table, which was covered with a dark tablecloth and 2 fancy place settings and glasses of wine. There was a full meal, steaming, in the middle of the table.

Taemin widened his eyes. "Who did this?" He asked, setting the bags down on the ground. He went to the table. "Oh! Look, there's a note." He picked it up and read it, "Since you didn't get a real date the other night, here you go. -Jonghyun"

I smiled. "So...this is for us?"

Taemin nodded. "Those hyungs...." he said, laughing and shaking his head. "Shall we?"

I blushed, looking down at my clothes. "I'm a bit underdressed for a date though..." I said.

"You look beautiful any way." He smiled, grabbing my wrist and kissing my cheek. "Sit down." He pulled the chair out and I sat down in it, and he sat across.

I looked over at him; Taemin's face was illuminated by the candlelight, and he looked not cute anymore, but manly and handsome. I felt myself staring at his beautiful eyes and perfect hair. I sighed, watching as he served me meat and rice. He really was a gentleman. No matter how cute he was, he could still be a man.

"Here, eat well." he said.

I nodded respectfully, thanking him.

We started talking about random things, getting into a good conversation. I was surprised at how natural it all was, conversation came easily to us, and we seemed to get along really well.

"Taemin-ah," I said, looking at him seriously.

"Ye?"

"I..." I gulped, not being able to say what I want. "This is nice." I smiled nervously, stuffing more food in my mouth.

Taemin set his chopsticks down, looking at me lovingly. "Yeah. It is." he said. He pushed his chair back and walked over to me, reaching out his hand.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's dance."

I laughed. "Taemin." I said, raising my eyebrows and tilting my head.

He rolled his eyes, kneeling next to my chair. "Please, would you do me the honor, of dancing with me." he said, giving me a puppy dog face I couldn't resist.

I glared at him, then said, "Finnneeeee."

He smiled, grabbing my hand and helping me up. He put one hand on my waist and the other wrapped around my own hand. I felt his fingers clasp with mine and I swallowed, avoiding his eye contact. I put my hand on his shoulder and he started moving, leading me in a slow waltz.

I laughed aloud. "Taemin, this is so awkward..." I said.

He just bit his lip and twirled me around, pulling me even closer and dancing sensually. I couldn't help but giggle at the situation, no music, casual clothes, trying to waltz in a small kitchen, but something about it was extremely fun.

Soon Taemin stopped moving, and he grabbed my face suddenly, kissing me harshly. Startled, I took a moment before kissing him back, closing my eyes to enjoy it fully. Our lips parted, and Taemin sighed, pressing our foreheads into a forehead kiss. He whispered softly, "Don't ever leave my side."

I let go of him, looking into his eyes innocently, and he continued. "Let's continue doing things like this, being together, being happy, not decieving eachother....for a long long time."

I looked at him, saying, "Taemin...about Jonghyun....I don't...I can't be with him like I can with you. It's really only you that I like...." I blushed. "That sounds cheesy." I said, blushing even more now.

He giggled. "It's okay. I like cheesy. Thank you." he said, blinking.

I nodded, saying the words I had tried to earlier. "I...love you."

He blinked, looking surprised, then softly repeated me. "I love you too."

A/N GRRRR sorry it's cheesy ><
ermm,
last chapter is next ;____;

tbqh i have no idea what i am going to do once im done with this fic
....its gonna be so sad for me xD

anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter
please comment!
if you've been reading but not commenting, i wanna hear what you think! thanks :3

oh & SO SORRY for the late update
couldnt think of how to write this ><
and then my compooper deleted it all

aishh~