SHINee Girl

My Electric Heart

I go crazy from your stare, action, speech
Your arrogant, conceited attitude
My heart feels like it’ll explode

"Wake up! Wake up!"

I rolled out of bed and rubbed my eyes, looking up at Onew, who was standing in front of me with giant eyes and a teethy smile. "Bwah..." I moaned.

"Come on! We have some news for you!"

I rubbed my head and bounced off the bed, following Onew into the hallway. I stumbled, seeing in front of me every member of SHINee, as well as their manager. I stared cluelessly at them all.

The manager bit his nail for a moment, then motioned for me to follow him. "You, come here." He his heel and began going to the kitchen.

I did as I was told, pushing past the members, who also followed. Tha manager shooed them away, "Ya, go find something else to do!" and they left slowly, looking over their shoulders at me.

I pursed my lips in confusion and watched as they left, then turned to the manager. "What is it you needed me for?"

He sighed. "Sit down." We were seated, and he got right to the point. "How great are you at acting?"

I raised my eyebrows. "W-what? Why?" I asked.

"Weeeelll, SHINee is supposed to film for a new music video in a few days, but one of our actresses was just injured badly this morning and she can't act....we don't have time for another audition...so...since you're here and available to us, and obviously not busy with anything, the boys suggested that we include you in it." The manager looked uneasy as he said this.

"Well...I did theatre in high school..." I said slowly, realizing how little that meant in this situation, "but I'm not pretty enough. I mean good enough. I mean..."

He interrupted me, "All you gotta do is let us dress you up, and then pose for the camera how the director says. Please. We have no other choice."

I started to refuse, shaking my head violently and biting my lip, which had become a habit, but he stopped me. "I'm begging you. We don't have enough money to postpone this. You have to help me." He reached forward, taking my hands and shaking them. "PLEASE."

"Isn't there someone else you know who can do this?"

"We don't have time...and you're comfortable with the members, it'll just all go naturally...plus they all have begged me to do this for you...come on...just please..."

This was absurd. There was no way I was going to act in a music video that would be broadcasted for millions of fans around the world. Then again, it's not like I would have a big role....I looked at the manager, now kneeling at my feet, pleading. "Please.."


Day 1 of recording came sooner than I expected. I read over the script quickly, just to get a jist of the main idea. Since I wasn't sure which actress I was replacing, I didn't know what I was supposed to do, however, the manager assured me everything I needed to do would be told to me.

The set, taking place in a small coffee shop outside of Seoul, was styled neatly, with oldfashioned tables and chairs, yet modern flooring and walls. It was homey and spacey, except for the abundance of recording equipment.

"Where's the lead actress! Is she here yet?" I heard someone call.

SHINee's manager grabbed my hand and pulled me to the man who had called, saying, "She's right here."

Shocked, I looked back and forth from the two men and said, "What? Me? Lead?"

The manager shushed me, putting his hand over my mouth and discussing something with the director. He then let go of me and said, "The stylist is waiting for you over there." He pointed to a young lady holding some clothing in her hands. Her hair was in a large bun on top of her hair and she looked much older than me.

I gulped nervously and greeted myself in broken Korean to her.

"Alright, change into this-" she handed me a pile of clothes, "in there-" she pointed to a small dressing room in the corner of the shop, "now." She smiled cruelly and left.

After changing into the clothes, I walked out, admiring myself in the mirror. The short dress I was given fit perfectly, along with the heels. I stared for a moment, wondering how my scrawny body could look this good, when the stylist grabbed my arm and sat me in a chair, beginning to mess with my hair.

When everything was finished, my hair, curled, was set in a side ponytail, and my makeup, while light, emphasized my big eyes.

"Alright, go ahead now, they're waiting for you at the set." I nodded, thanking the stylists and walked toward the recording area, where SHINee was sitting at the small tables.

"Whaaa, look at how much you've transformed!" Key said, standing.

The boys turned their heads upon hearing Key speak, and Taemin's jaw dropped open immediately. I glanced at him, smiling slightly seeing him in awe and blushed some more. I shifted my gaze to Jjong, whose expression copied Taemin's. I bit my lip and looked up, taking a deep breath.

"Wow, you look-" Jonghyun started. Taemin shot him a glare, and he shut up immediately, shrugging his shoulders and rolling his eyes playfully at Taemin, who was not amused.

"Come on guys, get back to work." The director said.

The manager pulled me aside and whispered to me,"Now, the director is going to give you instructions, and you just follow everything he says...it's pretty simple really, the concept is this, you're a shy girl, and he's a shy boy. You always seem to run into eachother at random occasions, but neither of you is brave enough to approach one another. The music video is focusing on the fact that he's too shy to meet you. Then at the end, he gathers courage and....anyway it ends with a hug"

I opened my eyes wide. A hug? "With..who exactly?" I questioned.

The manager narrowed his eyes. "Did you not read the script at ALL?"

I shook my head. "I wasn't given one yet..."

He rolled his eyes. "The main role is being played by Jonghyun."

A/N sorry , this chapter is also short T-T