One day, I'll be your Happiness.

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Kwon and Im family were closely related and dependent on each other, the first thing Yoona and Jiyong had to settle was to calculate their assets. It was also because of this, the news of their divorcement spreaded like fire, into the ears of the public and those business partners. A majority of them had made guesses and assumptions only, since both of them hadn't stepped out to confirm it and it's pure ridiculous in believing it based on the magazines alone.

All these rumors had caused inconvenience for Yoona. She had recovered and had returned back to work. Since she was new in that position, with her colleagues being mostly strangers, she had received several stares and glances throwing at her everyday. She had informed her mum about this decision and needless to say, her mum was fuming. It was only a week ago that she had told her she love Jiyong as her son-in-law and at the very next moment, she received the news of them getting a divorce. Her mum was so mad that she refused to pick up her calls thereafter. Yoona didn't contact Seohyun much as well since she jolly well knew that Seohyun would suffer being wedged in between the both of them. Hence, through this tough period, Yoona was all alone. It wasn't that she's not feeling sad and lonely but she refused to let others see her weakness. The only positive thing that she had gained after Daesung's departure was probably strength. No matter how much her heart was bleeding, she could still put a smile on her face easily.

Finally, after a month, with the collaboration of both side's lawyers, their assets were calculated and separated. The negotiation was to be held in Kwon Enterprise and when Yoona headed there, she had heard murmurs from the employees. 

"Heard that Mr and Mrs Kwon is getting a divorce!"

"Yeahs! Isn't it shocking? It's not even 2 years! To think that their wedding was like a fairy tale, so beautiful, so grand... It didn't even last for 2 years!"

"Don't you know that these marriages usually won't last?"

Yoona felt like tearing their mouth apart but all she did was to have her head bent, walking through the long corridor.

Knock knock.

"Come in."

She pushed open the door, Youngbae was sitting at the long conference table with Jiyong beside him. Yoona gave a polite bow and darted her gaze briefly towards Jiyong. He still looked the same, with his eyes cold and mysterious, not allowing anyone to read his real thoughts. For the past one month, he had stayed in one of the apartments under Kwon Enterprise's name, not meeting her at all. She walked towards the table, taking a seat that's opposite them, joining her lawyer.

"Youngbae-sshi and I had calculated and worked out the assets that both of you possess," Sunny, Yoona's lawyer began as she read through a paper. "Base on the asset, both Yoona-sshi and Jiyong-sshi would each get 25% of Kwon Enterprise shares.

As Sunny and Youngbae negotiated through the details, it dawned on Yoona that this divorcement wasn't that bad after all. At least they weren't like those couples in dramas, where they used to be so lovey-dovey but when it came down to divorcement, they were screaming their heads off each other, to the extend of even going to the court. No matter how the assets would be splited, neither of them was going to live in poverty. Of course, Im Enterprise would most probably fall after this, but she didn't mind since it wasn't her nor Seohyun's intention to take over the company. It would only be her mum who would be grumbling about her reputation issue.

The summer sun was out, shining through the windows, onto them. Yoona had zoned out completely from the lawyers' conversation, her eyes focusing on Jiyong

While Jiyong, was looking at her too.

Yoona found her vision blurred. She wanted to give him a smile, but she had missed him so much that her strong personality had crumbled totally. Her tears sprang in and no matter how hard she tried to swallow them, they had begun spilling out from her eyes.

He had once loved her, but she hadn't care. When she finally realised her feelings, he had decided to take back his love. And the only thing she could do now, is to give him the freedom that he deserves. Isn't it frustrating about how this world works?

She looked away, not wanting to look at this familiar face anymore. She was afraid if she was to continue this way, she wouldn't even have the courage to walk out of this room and would wail, clinging onto him shamelessly.

"Now, about the alimony," Sunny had raised her voice a little, trying to bring Yoona back into the conversation.

"Does Yoona-sshi have any request for this?" Youngbae took a look at Yoona, giving her a friendly smile. 

Yoona sniffed and pull herself together, looking at the both of them.

"How much do you think would be ideal for you?" Youngbae repeated.

Yoona smirked. Even if it's divorcement, Kwon Jiyong was still a generous guy.

"I want..." She looked at Jiyong. "I want the mansion that you'd designed." 

Sunny seemed to have a shock as she whispered to Yoona. "Yoona-sshi, that's it? We can ask for mo-"

"I want that mansion."

"Why?" Jiyong spoke up for the first time since they were in the room, his eyes filled with mixed emotions. "Why do you want that house?"

She smiled at him. "You designed it. I like it alot."

Silence filled the entire conference room. Both Sunny and Youngbae seemed to have the chemistry as both of them kept quiet. Yoona and Jiyong stared at each other, Yoona's smile weak but gentle. All of a sudden, Jiyong stood up and headed for the door. 

"Jiyong!" Youngbae shouted in shock. "We haven't finish discussing!" 

"Whatever she wants," his sentence unraveled at its edge. "Give her all..."

He left just like that, leaving Youngbae to turn his gazes back to Yoona embarrassingly. 

"Then Yoona-sshi..."

"Besides that mansion, I'm fine with any other things," Yoona continued to give a smile and stood up, leaving the room.

The quiet conference room was left with only Youngbae and Sunny. 

"This must be the most obscure and bizarre divorce I'd ever seen," Sunny gave a defeated smirk.

"I know," Youngbae shrugged his shoulders helplessly too.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Yoona walked out of the building and saw an ice cream booth nearby. Since it was still summer, kids were seen crying and begging their mums for a popsicle. Feeling a sudden urge to eat one too, Yoona walked towards the booth and bought herself a strawberry popsicle.

She sat in a nearby bench and began eating, a smile worn on her face as she the cooling popsicle. 

"Mummy! I want one!" A loud wail was heard and she snapped up to see a kid crying beside a smashed ice-cream cone.

"You were careless and dropped it! You can't have it anymore!" The mum had said. "It's too late to cry over spilt milk now!" 

The mum eventually carried the kid up and whispered gently. "I'll buy you one again tomorrow okays? Just remember to be careful next time and don't make a mistake anymore."

They walked away. 

Yoona felt a sick rush of euphoria rushing up her and she began laughing. She laughed so hard that her tears began to fall and soon, her facade had faded, leaving only her true self. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter