Warmth.

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona sat in the backseat, sulking at Jiyong's irrational actions. When she could contain her frustration no longer, wanting to ask him what happened, she was being cut off by his kiss. He pulled her onto his lap and bit her neck gently.

This intimate action caused her to let out a gasp, her face tinged red. 

Jiyong reached out and pressed a button, rolling a sound proof wall down, creating a barricade between the driver's seat and the backseats. 

Yoona finally figured out his intention!

"J-Ji!" She found herself breathing heavily and let out a hiss. "W-We can't do this now..."

"Why?" Both his hands were on her waist now, forcing her to straddle his waist. 

Her tight-fitted skirt was splitted open, revealing her milky thighs. 

"Jaesuk is in front..."

She wanted to continue further, only to have her voice muffled and being swallowed into his stomach. She opened her eyes to look at Jiyong, only to see him shutting his, his furrowed brows revealing a sense of loneliess. His hands were still cold and she shuddered with his touch. His actions were that urging, his impatience leaking out.

This man in front of her had always been that gentlemanly, that strong. However, from his actions now, Yoona had seen through his heart, feeling his vulnerability for the very first time. Looks like Kwon Jiyong still needed comfort, needed security, just like the night when she met Daesung again.

His face rested against her chest, his eyes still closed. A sudden pang of excitement rushed up in Yoona as she brought his face up, looking at him tenderly. She brushed away his damp hair, planted a soft kiss on his forehead and had ceased her struggles, allowing him to kiss every part of her body. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

That night, Jiyong did not return to his room. In the silent and cold night, their body connected on their wedding bed. It was in the middle of the night when he woke up, sitting up, back rested against the bed frame as he looked far through the french window. Yoona stirred and woke up, looking at him and knew that he was back to the rational and distant Kwon Jiyong. He's that mysterious, despite them being inches apart...

Due to the insecurity, she found herself holding his hand.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Jiyong felt the grip and looked down.

"Jetlag."

"What happened just now..." He nodded and tried to speak up.

"I don't mind. I don't mind at all," she had cut him off.

Why on earth did she say such a thing?!

She let out a soft curse and looked up, only to catch him chuckling. He was actually chuckling at her. The chuckle that was so gentle, so warm...

Unknowningly, a smile fought its way up her cheeks too, as she tried to cover her embarrassment.

It would be a lie if she said that there's no questions in her mind. Why did he appear in the airport? Why would he kiss her so deeply, wanting her so desperately? His cold attitude towards her for the past one month seemed to have dissolved completely within these few hours. There's so many questions but she didn't dare to ask, fearing that it would disrupt this peace and lightheartedness. Besides, all these didn't matter.

For she knew that at this moment, she's happy. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Yoona sat in front of her dressing table the next morning, preparing for work. She had used thicker foundation to cover the hickeys left by Jiyong on her neck. Opening the drawer, a red velvet box caught her attention and she took it out. She opened the velvet box and took out her 3-carat diamond ring. She slid it onto her ring finger and at the very next moment, it blinded her as it reflected the sunrays. She was blinded momentarily and took out, finding a necklace in her jewellery box. Upon finding it, she slid the ring into the necklace and hung it round her neck. 

After all, she's married! 

With a huge grin of satisfaction, she headed for work. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Concerns were showered as Yoona arrived at her office. Everyone had heard the news and were all worried.

"It must be tough on you, Yoona-sshi," Jessica answered embarrassingly. It was supposed to be her job to head to London.

"It was indeed daunting on the plane," Yoona smiled. "But after everything blew off, it's pretty funny how overreacted I'd gotten."

"Of course! This is far worse than car accident! We're talking about planes crashing! Chances of survival are slim."

"Yoona-sshi, after this incident, wouldn't you want to change your position?" Taeyeon asked. "Inform the HR department and ask them to give you another position!"

Yoona nodded in agreement, though this wasn't the main reason why she wanted a change in job scope. 

"What did Yoona-sshi think about when the plane is about to crash?" Jessica asked curiously. "Did you think about sha jang nim? The love of your life~"

"That only happens in dramas and novels!" Yoona laughed. "I was scared to my wits already. My mind was a blank, where would I have time to think about others!"

"True that," both Jessica and Taeyeon burst into laughters too.

Saying that she's not afraid at all was too exaggerating. Even though everything was safe and sound for her this time round, she did develop an aftermath fear. She told herself that it was indeed time to stay right here in Seoul, to be near to her home... 

For the rest of the day, Yoona had a quite relaxed schedule. With the completion of the case back in London, all she needed to do now was to tie some loose ends and when she's about to knock off, someone came in.

"Yoong." 

Yoona recognised the voice and looked up slowly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'd heard about yesterday's flight. You..."

"I'm fine! Just a trivial matter," Yoona gave a polite and distant smile. 

"T-That's a relief..." Daesung recognised the smile but composed himself quickly.

Yoona could see his disappointment but made no attempt to soothe it. She was helpless and so she stood there, waiting for him to leave.

He seemed to have gotten the idea as he began to walk out slowly, stopping just by the door.

"This Saturday... Would you be free?" 

"Why?" 

"It's my birthday," he turned around, giving a bitter smile. "A few friends had organised a small party for me and I hope you can come. 7PM, Gangnam bar." 

Yoona had her head hung low, not replying.

March 14 - Kang Daesung's birthday. It happens to be White Day too and Yoona remembered she had always , saying that he's lucky enough to treat his birthday presents as gifts of love should he received none. 

He had said, "I wouldn't accept any other gifts. I would only accept yours. I would only accept you as a gift." 

"As a friend..." He continued after receiving no reply from her.

Yoona knew that she should reject this invitation right in his face. It'd been so many years already, any actions would complicate the situation. But, she just couldn't seem to utter the 'No' out because of the pleadings in his tone.

"Why do you choose to come back?" Instead, she said. "After a long four years..."

"I..." He trailed off, allowing silence to engulf them. 

"I'm late... Isn't it?" He let out a weak smile. "I know..."

He turned and walked out of the office.

Like fours years ago, Yoona watched him leave with her bare eyes. Her legs wanted to move, wanting to chase after him.

But in the end, she didn't move.

Not even an inch. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

When Yoona reached home, there's an unknown car parked in front of the porch. 

There's guests again? 

The moment she stepped into the house, Sooyoung had came scuttling towards her, helping her to remove her coat. Jiyong's door was opened and a male's voice came spiraling down the stairs. 

"Mrs Kwon!" Sooyoung exclaimed. "Mr Kwon is ill!" 

Yoona hurried to Jiyong's bedroom upon hearing that. It was their family doctor, Dr. Choi with his back against her, blocking Jiyong. She couldn't see him but she noticed the drip that was hanging above the bedside table.

What kind of illness? Is it serious?

She missed a step, producing a noise.

Dr. Choi turned around and let out a relieved smile upon seeing Yoona.

"You're finally back Mrs Kwon." 

"Ji," Yoona was beginning to get worried. "What happened to him?" 

"Heavy flu," Dr. Choi shook his head. "Heard that he was drenched yesterday. The weather is so cold now and yet he doesn't know how to take care of himself." 

"He caught a cold?" 

"His body had always been fit and healthy. Guess like it isn't only about catching a cold. It should have something to do with him overworking himself as well," Dr.Choi enquired. "He didn't get a good rest yesterday?"

Yoona knew Dr.Choi's 'overworking' meant his work in the company but at the thought of their intimate acts yesterday, she couldn't help but blushed. 

"Erm... He always sleeps late..." Yoona stuttered miserably.

"Ahhh, that's the case," Dr.Choi gave a sigh. "I'd given him drips so his fever would subside soon, but it would be best if he could rest in bed for the next one week at least," Dr.Choi advised as Yoona walked him out. Before he left, he whispered. "Mrs Kwon, please remind Mr Kwon to take good care of his body and not to push himself over the limits. Like today. If he didn't faint in the office, I wouldn't have known that he was running a high fever! Work is important but health is more important than that!"

Yoona was shocked. "Why didn't anyone inform me?" 

"Mr Kwon said that he's afraid that you would be worry."

After sending Dr.Choi off, Yoona went back to Jiyong's room. He's still lying on bed, soundly asleep. His cheeks were flushing and his lips were chipped. She sat by his bed and stretched out her arms, touching his forehead.

It's burning!

She looked at him worriedly, arm stopping inches before his face and hesitated before touching his face gently. He had gotten skinner. Was it because of the increase in workload ever since the merger? 

Noises were heard from outside and Yoona turned, to see Sooyoung trying to clean up the puddle frantically. 

"Mrs Kwon!" Sooyoung called out timidly. "I wanted to bring in a pail of water for Mr Kwon to cool his temperature..." 

"Where's Aunty Kim?" Yoona asked.

"She had went back to her hometown to visit her son..."

"Ahhh," Yoona took a look at Sooyoung and knew for instant that she wasn't a suitable candidate to take care of patients. She took a brief glance back at the sleeping Jiyong, saying. "I would take care of him."

"Oh! Then I would prepare the dinner then!"

"Alrights."

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Yoona headed downstairs to prepare icepacks and returned to put it on his burning forehead. She went to the study room and saw piles of documents lying on his desks. She picked a few and went back to his room, taking a seat beside him and opened one of them.

Hours passed and the sun was beginning to set. Yoona stifled a yawn and looked up from the document, coming face to face with Jiyong's sleeping face. He was still unconcious and his brows were furrowed, indicating that he's in pain. Being used to his cool and strong image, Yoona's heart cringed upon seeing his pale and weak expression. 

"As stated above, Kwon Enterprise would take 40% of-"

Yoona had her head hung low again, battling against the documents. It was torturous. She's after all, a graduate from Business Administration and had been an intern in Im Enterprise but all these documents were killing her. She didn't really get the details and looked back up in frustration, only to be met with Jiyong's gaze.

"You're awake? Why didn't you alert me?" Yoona got a shock.

"Just..." His voice had came out hoarse and he tried to sit up.

Yoona stood up immediately, helping him up as she held his back, tucking a pillow behind him. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Fine," he looked at her. "You'd been here for long?" 

"Not too long," she lied for no particular reason. "Just reading some documents."

"The documents on my study table?"

"Yeahs," Yoona answered and added quickly. "I just wanted to help. Dr.Choi came by and said that you must have overworked yourself." 

"It's just a flu," he answered, without an expression.

"Are you hungry?" Yoona took a look at the venetian clock hanging on the wall. "It's already 8. Let me go get Sooyoung to prepare your dinner." 

Before waiting for his reply, she had gone downstairs, getting busy. When she's back with his meal, it was already half an hour later. 

"Eat more," she advised. "Your body needs the nutrition." 

Jiyong stared at her, as though examining her, before giving a sentence. "It's not your fault that I'm sick."

"I know..." Yoona answered shyly. 

But she wanted to stay by his side.

The sun had began to set, the room getting darker. Silence lingered around them and Yoona gave an inward sigh.

"I'll go down first then." 

Before she left the room, she turned around and took a peek at Jiyong. She couldn't make out his expression but could see him holding up the chopsticks before putting them down again, giving a sigh. 

She closed the door behind her and a sudden realisation hit her - What Sooyoung prepared was all fried and oily food, a big turn-off for the sick.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter