150915

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you're tired out from work, I'll ask Sooyoung to accompany me."

 

"No, I should go with you. It's been awhile since I last visited abeoji too." 

 

She helped me with my coat and we stared into the mirror, smiling in sync. I turned around and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer, smiling broadly. 

 

"What's with this silly smile," she chuckled and adjusted my collar. 

 

"Nothing~ Just want to take a look at my beautiful wife~" I continued to smile dumbly. 

 

"Wait till your employees see this side of you," she shook her head and hit my chest.

 

"Technically, you're my employee too," I intertwined my finger with hers and kissed her hand. "But being my wife allows you to see this bonus." 

 

"Full of nonsense," she giggled and grabbed her bag. "Let's get going already. If not you'd start blaming me for not taking good care of myself, going out at such a late hour even though it barely reaches 4pm now." 

 

I shrugged and got out of the mansion, into our car. Jaesuk ignited the engine and off we go to our destination. It's been over two weeks since we made a pact to make things right and it had been going on great. I finally felt like being in a proper relationship after almost two years. Yoona had been great, awesome in fact. I began to know her all over from the beginning. No more secrets, no more misunderstandings. Only joys and laughters. Oh, and those moments where you read in a novel and go 'awwww'. 

 

"Appa, I'm here..." Yoona put the bouquet of white lilies in front of the grave and made a bow. 

 

Yupps, we're here to pay respect to her dad. After we got married, things were distant between us but I made an effort to visit her dad's grave with her during her dad's death anniversary even though it seemed like she didn't need me. Be it accompanying her or paying respect to an elder, it was my duty to come here. Who would have known that after a year, things would have taken such a drastic change between us? But I was definitely glad that in the end, it was still me who stood beside her in front of her dad's grave. 

 

I took a bow in front of the grave and stood beside her, holding her hand in mine again. "I'm here too, abeoji." 

 

"You know, last year, even though I said nothing, I actually appreciated that you came along," she spoke up after a minute of silence. 

 

"Uhm?" 

 

"Whenever I visit appa, be it his anniversary or other occasions, I always feel melancholy." She gave me a brief smile before turning back to the grave, taking a seat in front of the grave and touched her dad's funerary photo. "I always have this heavy feeling in my heart. I always have this mentality that if I didn't go against him then, maybe he would have live longer..." 

 

"It's not your fault that he has a heart problem," I took a seat beside her and patted her hand. "In the end, you came back home didn't you? You got married under his wish too." 

 

"But maybe if I didn't run away from home, he would have continued to live healthily and be all smile, waiting to embrace his upc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter