So Close yet So Far.

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their first meeting.

Yoona first met Jiyong in a party. It was a party held by her father, a week after knowing that his heart disease had gotten worse. Though her relatives made no clear actions, it was obvious that they were all eyeing on her father's company. Both Yoona and her sister Seohyun had absolutely zero interest in business, not to mention taking over the company. Hence, Yoona was in a difficult position - She's the eldest daughter and despite not having any interest nor experience in business, she had the whole company to take care of. Everyone knew that she wouldn't be able to handle this, and hence, it explained this party. 

To find her the suitable husband.

Yoona knew the intention behind this party but made no attempts to retaliate nor object. She had always been an obedient daughter, listening to her parents' orders, with the exception of that one incident a few years ago.

At the party, Yoona showcased her charms as Im Family's first daughter, playing the piano elegantly. Everyone clapped at her beauty and skills and that was all to it. She'd completed her role as Im Family's first daughter. The song ended and she sneaked out into the garden, taking a breather. She found a spot, near the garden statue. She climbed up and removed her white stilettos, waiting quietly for the party to end. 

As she enjoyed the night's tranquility, she caught sight of a guy walking towards her. Since she's being well-hidden by the garden statue, that guy didn't notice her. The guy had stopped right in front of the statue, hands tucked into his pocket before pulling out a and lighter. Slowly, he lighted it up and inhaled, letting out a long sigh, creating circles of white clouds. Yoona couldn't quite make out his features but as he took a step back, she could see him clearly. 

She was amazed by how he looked. He looked as debonair in a crisp black suit with a light mauve dress shirt and a thin silver tie with black dress shoes on his feet. His bronze hair was slicked back for this formal occasion, bringing out his chiselled jaw line. Yoona had to admit that he looked handsome and charismatic, but there was something in him that intimidated her. There seemed to be a mysterious aura surrounding this guy, as though he's having so much worry, so much sadness in him... 

Both of them stood in their own place, being separated by the garden statue. It was a tranquil night, the night breeze blowing gently against their skin. Yoona pried her eyes away from him as she caught sight of her annoyed father, asking a waiter if he'd seen her. She sighed and fumbled, trying to get up.

That made some noises and the guy turned and through the faint clouds of smokes, he saw her. Their eyes met and Yoona found herself losing her breath. His eyes were pretty too, but they leaked a hint of mysteriousness. He raised his brows briefly at her and darted his gaze down at her thrown stilettos. From that serious look, there was a faint grin of amusement that crept up his face. Yoona could feel her face flushing red as she hopped down, wearing her stilettos and walked away quickly after giving a bow. 

That's all the interaction they had shared and after that party, she happened to read the economics magazine and saw that the guy, was Kwon Jiyong, the youngest but most successful chairman in the history of Kwon Enterprise. 

And thereafter, they got married, with her becoming Mrs Kwon Im Yoona. She'd always known from the day of their marriage that this marriage was just like the feeling he had given her that very night they first met, that mysterious, that cold. But did it matter? Her father had a capable successor, Im Enterprise would not face a downfall and her sister would not be forced to do something that she didn't like. And she?

She got the peace that she needed.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

"Mrs Kwon! Are you awake?" 

A knock was heard on the door as Yoona opened her eyes groggily, stretching her arm to check that the time was already 11AM. She stretched herself and stifled a yawn.

"Yes~ Please come in~"

In came Sooyoung, the overly-bubbly servant. She carried a tray full of food, the amount of food that could be accounted for 3 people at least.

"I figured out that you most probably would suffer from a jetlag and hence I thought you would want to have your breakfast in bed instead."

Yoona eyed at the tray and was surprised that though the amount was too much for her alone, it was all her favourite. Even though it's breakfast, she always has a special liking for sweet stuffs and a cup of strawberry milk is a must to kickstart her day.

"Thanks," Yoona started digging in. "Next time, you can just leave the breakfast at the dining table." 

"Got it~ Enjoy your breakfast then Mrs Kwon! If there's anything you need, do call me!" 

Sooyoung beamed and walked of the room in light steps. 

Yoona looked at her and a smile lingered on her face.

How could someone be so positive and cheerful? 

For the rest of the day, Yoona just sleep in or relaxed herself by reading a book or sitting by the garden, enjoying the scenery. Spring was here, the green field filled with a garden of vibrant flowers shining under the sun. 

And as promised, Jiyong had instructed Aunty Kim to move his stuffs to Yoona's room. Yoona volunteered to pack the room herself, since she felt that by doing so, she could gain some much needed inner peace. Besides, she had nothing much to do anyway. Aunty Kim agreed and left her to pack the clothes. She had shifted her clothes towards a side of the walk-in closet, emptying out another side for Jiyong. At one look, she realised that Jiyong didn't have much things. It was mostly suits and tuxedos and ties, with a few casual but elegant polo tees. Then, it dawned on her that she didn't even know what size did Jiyong wear. She'd never been a thoughtful and meticulous person and being pampered with servants around her since young and even now, she didn't see a need to take care of such things. Therefore, she's all the more thankful that Jiyong's parents had migrated to Australia, not living with them. If not, she would most probably be reprimanded endlessly for being an undutiful wife. She took a suit and before hanging them into the closet, she took a peek inside and realised that high end brands like Givenchy, do not have size written on their products. She sighed and put it into the closet, resuming to packing the other things. 

This routine carried on for the next day and Jiyong and Yoona hadn't been talking much either since the night he agreed to move to her room when Seohyun come; only a few sentences of greetings exchanged every day, should they happen to meet each other. 

"Mum~"

The following day, Mrs Im had sent Seohyun to Kwon mansion.

"Unnie!" Seohyun beamed as Yoona hugged her.

"I miss you so much Seohyunnie!" 

"I miss you too!" 

"Where's Jiyong?" Her mum asked.

"E-Eh?" Yoona was taken aback by the question. Jiyong had never once told her about his schedules and she had never bothered asking too. "He must be in the office."

"Eh? It's Sunday today and Jiyong oppa still had to go to work?" Seohyun raised her brows in curiousity.

"Y-Yeahs," Yoona smiled sheepishly. "There's lots of documents waiting for him to approve."

"I think you should care more about him, Yoong. You're his wife!" her mum chided. "Stop going abroad everytime! What if he has an af-" 

"He won't," Yoona didn't know where she got the confidence but she blurted out anyway. "I'm so proud of you, Hyunnie. A chance to learn from the famous Lee Seunghyun!"

"I know right!" Seohyun butted into the conversation, beaming. "He only allows one person to enter his studio every half a year."

"Of course, our Seohyun is always capable," her mum spoke with adoration.

It would be a lie if Yoona said that she wasn't jealous of Seohyun. Her mum had never once showered her with such praises nor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter