By Name.

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear passengers, we'll be landing in Seoul in another 20 minutes. Please be reminded to switch off all electronic devices and refrain from leaving your seats. Please fasten your seatbelts as we prepare for landing.
 

"Thirsty?" Taeyeon, the secretary smiled. 

"Nopes. Thanks," Yoona looked out of the window, amazed by the twinkling lights beneath her.

"We're finally back!" Taeyeon beamed. "It's been AGES." 

Yes, indeed. It'd been a whole month since Yoona was away from Korea. She'd been stationed in London for a month now, handling the business over there. She looked at Taeyeon and let out a smile. Taeyeon, though being older than her by a year, was clearly more bubbly and livelier than her. With her around, she's contented just by smiling and listening to her voice. She had to admit, sometimes, she's envious of her. She just couldn't have the innocence and optimism like she does. 

"Don't you miss home?" Taeyeon asked out of the blue.

Yoona was caught off guard for a moment, but regained within a split second.

"Of course," she lied. 

"Guess as much," Taeyeon replied with a smile. "Pardon me for asking Yoona-sshi. I'm asking on behalf of all the employees. Since you're so rich and your husband is our sha jang nim, why do you even wanna work?" She caught Yoona's brows furrowed and became flustered. "Don't misunderstand! I'm not trying to pry into your private matters nor belittling you! Honestly, when you first came in, we all doubted your ability, but you proved us wrong in just a few days, leading us to overcome the crisis back in London. I'd set you as my idol!" 

"I'm not angry," Yoona couldn't help but gave a smile. "What else did the colleagues say?"

"Uhmm... Nothing much," Taeyeon smiled sheepishly. "Just wondering why you'd work and even decided to head to London, a few thousands mile away from home. Won't sha jang nim mind? I mean, after all, you guys had only been married for over a year..." 

Taeyeon trailed off, fearing that Yoona would be offended. 

Yoona's eyes were a glassy distance. Would he mind? Kwon Jiyong; the company's CEO and her husband. He wouldn't. He wouldn't be bothered that she'd been away for so long and to be fair, she didn't mind his nonchalance too. But in the eyes of others, they're a great match, a couple that caught the eyes and envy of thousands. 

Yoona's blank look was being mistakened by Taeyeon as being shy. 

"That's what I'm saying!" She chuckled. "You guys are still in your honeymoon period, it's no surprise that you're missing sha jang nim! Now that you're back, be sure to take a long vacation!"

"Do you really have my well being at heart or you just want to cut some slack off your work?" Yoona caught her intention, her eyes glinted teasingly.

"I-It wouldn't harm for a short break... Right? Hehe..." Taeyeon let out an embarrassed smile.
 

Welcome to Incheon, Seoul, the local time 10:30PM, the temperature 16degrees. Thank you for travelling with Asiana airlines and we hope you had a pleasant flight.
 

She's home. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Yoona looked out of the car window, dazzled by the night city lights, so familiar yet unfamiliar. The engine eventually came to a soft rumble and the car rolled to a stop. She stepped out of the car, being welcomed by a huge contemporary mansion - her home. Or was it?

The moment she had landed, she bade farewell to Taeyeon who had her brother Heechul to fetch her and walked towards the taxi stand with her luaggage behind her. She sighed inwardly. The taxi stand was filled with two long queues and it didn't help with the fact that it was still drizzling in this cold weather, making the scene all the more melancholy.

"Mrs Kwon."

Just as she was feeling tired and restless, a voice rang from behind her. She turned behind instinctively at the name and found that it was Jaesuk, the family's chauffeur.

"Eh? Why are you here, ajussi?" Yoona was surprised to see him here, since she didn't recall telling her family that she'd be home today. Did Taeyeon inform him instead?

"Mr Kwon called me here," Jaesuk took her luggage naturally as they walked towards the car. 

She was surprised, he actually knew that she would be back today. 

Looking at this contemporary

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter