Now.

Love & Being Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona found herself walking and arriving at Kwon Enterprise unknowingly. Yoona looked up at the skyscraper, surprised by the coincidence. At first, she thought this marriage was built just purely due to her dad's arrangement and to find a suitable candidate to be the successor of Im Enterprise. Looks like there's more to it after all. Honestly speaking, she had been touched by this before. Truly. 

A sudden feeling rushed up to her - she felt like seeing Jiyong and hence, she stepped into the building.

She arrived at the chairman's office, coming face to face with the receptionist. 

"I'm looking for..."

My husband? Kwon Jiyong? Jiyong? Ji? 

She trailed off, not knowing what to call Jiyong. 

"Our sha jang nim had gone to America. Would you like to leave a message or make an appointment instead?" 

Yoona was stunned. He had gone to America?

"When did he leave for America?" 

Why hadn't he inform her? To think that last night, they had just...

"He left during midnight," a voice rang from behind. "He should have reached New York by now. You didn't know about this, Mrs Kwon?" 

Yoona turned around and saw Jiyong's secretary, Chaerin walking towards her, with a look of smugness.

"Yah, how could you be like that! This is our sha jang nim's wife!" Chaerin chided the receptionist, her tone full of sarcasm.

"I-I'm sorry Mrs Kwon!" The receptionist had a look of worry and fear as she apologised.

"No worries," Yoona replied and turned to Chaerin. "Ji went to America? For work purposes?" 

She could sense Chaerin being edgy and offensive but she wasn't ready to counterattack her.

"Yeahs," Chaerin smiled. "How could sha jang nim be so careless? He remembered to contact us but had forgotten to contact his wife." 

"When would he be back?" 

"He didn't mention this though. Perhaps a few days, or maybe, a month."

"Thank you," Yoona knew better not to continue the conversation and decided to walk away.

When she's about to step into the lift, the clicking sounds of heels rang and she turned around to see Chaerin running towards her.

"Do you have his number? Do you need it?" Chaerin extended out a namecard, eyes sparkling with smugness.

"No thanks. I have his number."

Yoona continue to smile graciously in return, causing Chaerin to tone down her demeanour.

"It looks like the marriage between Mr Kwon and Mrs Kwon isn't that perfect like what the others had thought of," Chaerin spoke up. "I feel a sense of regret for you guys." 

"Regrets?" Yoona scoffed. "Why? You're just an outsider." 

She proceeded into the lift and with a bow, she closed the door after witnessing Chaerin's soured face. The door closed and she let out a sigh, feeling embarrassed. She wasn't planning on fighting back, but she couldn't help it. She just gotten angry all of a sudden.

She hailed a cab and was on the way home. Inside the cab, she had taken out her phone, scrolling to Jiyong's contact and contemplated whether to call him or not. 

She had never once cared about his whereabouts, but as she thought about yesterday night, a faint blush appeared on her pale complexion. She wasn't regretting about what happened yesterday night, but instead, was excited. Judging from the time, he should have left in a rush. So rushed that he couldn't even inform her.

Something cropped up in the branch over there? Or perhaps his good friend, Youngbae met some trouble?

Since she couldn't contain her worry, she decided to call him.

The other end continued to ring as she waited anxiously, a hand clutching onto her phone, another resting on her bag, tapping her fingers impatiently. And finally, a click sound was heard and the call was being picked up.

"Who is this speaking?" A sweet female voice rang.

"May I speak to Jiyong please?" Yoona was caught off guard by that voice and was stunned for a quarter of second.

"Give me a moment..." 

There was a pause before a husky voice was heard.

"Hello?"

"It's me," unknowingly, her hand had began clutching her bag. "I'm Y-"

"I know who you are."

Why did it sound like he was angry?

"Something happened?" 

"You... You're in America?"

"Yeahs." 

Yoona cursed herself mentally, feeling that this call had been a mistake. She didn't know what else she could talk to him.

"Something happened at home?" Jiyong, sensing the silence, asked again.

"Nothing happen," she answered. "You left in a rush. So I thought something urgent had happened there..."

"Just some work matters." 

His short and precise answers made her realised that he wasn't keen to continue this conversation.

"When would you be back?" 

"Around a week." 

"Okays. I don't have anything else already."

"Hold on," he spoke up. "About yesterday..."

The goodbye phrase was stuck in as her hand clutched on to her bag tighter, her knuckles turning white. 

"I didn't make any precaution," his voice was low and slow. "But I'd contacted Dr.Choi. He would head over to the mansion to administer some urgent contraceptive pills for you."

Her hand relaxed immediately, leaving the bag creased. 

So that's all he had to say about yesterday night? She felt like laughing but the laughters never seemed to come out from her lips.

"You don't have to do that. I was on the safety period yesterday."

"That's good."

"Uhm. Bye..."

Yoona hung up the call in a hurry and stared at the screen for a moment. He didn't need to be so overly worried over this. She wouldn't pester him even if they'd shared a night. 

She went to her call record and deleted the call that she had just made. 

It'd been a mistake after all. 

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

It was dawn in America and the bar was empty, with the exception of two guys sitting by the bartop.

"You sure this is fine? Talking to Yoona in such a manner. You sure she wouldn't be angry? You even went to the extend to ask the bartender to pick the call up for you," Youngbae asked, his brows furrowed. "Yah, I just arrived in New York and you dragged me out before I even get the chance to catch a wink. If Yul was to grumble, saying that I left her alone, I'm going to kill you." 

"I'm sorry okays?" Jiyong let out a weak, childish grin. "But I'm sure she wouldn't mind. She loves me~" 

"Count yourself lucky," Youngbae rolled his eyes. "Yah, what happened? What's the grave matter that caused you to come seeking refuge here in America." 

"Just some work to settle here," Jiyong answered with a shrug.

"Cut the crap with me, Kwon Jiyong. You've a whole load of employees here. You don't have to come here personally," Youngbae spat and paused. "Something happened between you and Yoona? You guys quarrelled?" 

"Nopes, we never once quarrelled," Jiyong stared at his glass of hard liquor, giving a smirk. "It's just an arranged marriage. There isn't even any feelings, so why would there be quarrels? She doesn't love me and I don't love her either."

"Is this the case?" Youngbae stared at the empty bottles that they, or mostly Jiyong had finished. "Is it really that simple?" 

The dawn was breaking, welcoming the morning. Youngbae made his trip to the washroom and when he was back, Jiyong was already resting his cheek against the marble bartop, being dead drunk. The bartender was looking at his features intently, with a look of adoration.

"He's your friend? You must bring him here more often."

"He's already married." 

The bartender let out a sigh of regret when J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter