Auctions for Lovers

Dis·Interested

 

 

Baekhyun clenches his fist together before pulling out his handkerchief and biting down onto it, groaning out of frustration. “Baekhyun, christ. Calm your .” Chen tells the President, who ignores him and continues to act out his frustration. “Baekhyun-”

 

“It’s not fair!” The shorter male bursts out. “It’s not fair! I want Chanyeol to be my slave for the day not someone else's.” Baekhyun wails, beginning to sink to the ground. Chen keeps him up.

 

“You’ll dirty your pants.” Chen rolls his eyes at Baekhyun’s childish actions. “Just deal with it. We have to make money.” It wasn’t unusual to deal with Baekhyun’s little tantrums but they seemed to have risen in level ever since this crush on Chanyeol started. It still puzzles Chen how the hell Chanyeol doesn’t know about it when Baekhyun blatantly kisses him and wails about his existence at least twice a day. Seriously, how the . Is Chanyeol just ing dumb? Is he one of those oblivious characters in the story? Oh , Chen hopes not.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes are watery when he directs those puppy eyes up at Chen. “I’ll take on two customers.”

 

“That’s not how it works, Baek. Now get in line.” Chen shoves the dramatic President in line before fixing his own bowtie and walking out on stage to start the auction. The crowd cheers at the first sight of Chen, completely at the ready. Phones in hand already dialed in with their bankers. This was no friendly auction. No. This is war, my friend. An annual war. And most are really after Byun Baekhyun. Because this story is centered on him so deal with it. “How is everyone?!” Chen greets the restless crowd. He gets raging enthusiasm from the eager bodies below, in response. “Let’s get started, shall we?!” The smile he flashes the crowd has a few swooning. “First up, our very own Xi Luhan! Oh, and it seems like these newbie comes as a pair with our other representative, Oh Sehun!” Chen walks circles around Luhan and Sehun, fixing their ties, leaning in to whisper their cue. “Sell it.”

 

And with that, Luhan and Sehun turned to face each other, twining their fingers before leaning in together, cheeks touching as they looked at the crowed. “Hello! We’re HunHan! Who will be the lucky lady or gentleman to take us home?” The line that Kai had them rehearse was beyond cringe worthy but the crowd reacted like wild animals, screaming and hooting.

 

Chen walks back to the front. “Bidding starts at fifty thousand. Let’s begin!” I’ma drain all your damn pockets. Chen thought to himself.

 

“Fifty!” A girl yells. More like screeches to be honest, waving her dainty hand in the air, wildly may I add. It wasn’t long till another girl screams out fifty five and the price skyrocketed to three-fourty in no time. Chen wasn’t expecting Sehun and Luhan to be so popular but then again, Kai knew what sold and a boyish love pair sure racked up what they wanted. The last call was three-fiftyfive and the HunHan pair had been claimed by Kevin.

 

Luhan and Sehun were instantly engulfed in a hug as soon as Kevin ran on stage to claim them and sign the digits he bid. Xiumin had a big grin on his face as he stuffed it into their funds lockbox. “Alright, get off my stage, es. This is my time.” Chen said through his grin while shoving Kevin and the HunHan pair backstage before running back to the center light to introduce the next person to be auctioned off. The contract is slave for a day, starting tomorrow morning till midnight. The price really wasn’t fair but hell, they’re not going to spend three days with the crazies. “Our next one up is our very own Vice President! Kim Suho!” It was no surprise Suho had his own set of fans among the crowd. He fixed his glasses, sending a glint over them. Just like a damn glasses anime character. Suho’s all cool and but Baekhyun just wants you to know the Vice President watches anime hardcore.

 

Before Chen can even start up a price high enough to drive middle class families to the ground. A lone hand raises among the crowd. Suho flinches when he sees who it is. Lee Sunny. She’s had a crush on him for a while now and everyone knows about it. Literally everyone. Even Chanyeol probably knows about it. “Six thousand.” There are no other calls. Chen happily slams his mallet down on his podium.

 

“Lee Sunny , winner of the bid for our Vice. Congratulations. He’ll see you tomorrow bright and early.” Chen is smiling but really he’s secretly hoping Sunny gets hit by a truck. Okay, no. That’s really mean maybe just twist her ankle or something. “Moving on. It’s our ve- Kai, I am not reading this!” Chen hollers.

 

“Just read it!” Kai yells back with little irritation.

 

“No!”

 

“I will tell everyon-”

 

“And moving on to our very own school god, Kim Kai! All hail!” Chen screams with fake enthusiasm. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at Kai, who comes strutting out onto the stage, basking in the roaring cheers of the crowd. Kai was the finest example of a narcissist, in Kyungsoo’s book. The way Kai walked with air of confidence as if he owned the place and he knows about the damn mirror the tan male keeps with him at all times to sometimes stare at himself. Kai flips his hair fabulously out of his face and smiles at the crowd. It was an easy sale. seven-fifty thousand flat. Kyungsoo was somewhat intimidated to follow after that selling price because he knew his would be much lower.

 

Well, Kyungsoo is flat out wrong because he auctions off for the same price. It surprised him, really. He thought the highest he would go for is around four hundred. Never would he have imagined he would even Kai’s price because last year, he was the bottom end of the price list at the exact same auction. But before Kyungsoo could go into backstory mode, Chen shoos him off the stage.

 

Yixing goes at six hundred thousand. Leaving Luhan, Sehun and Chanyeol even more in awe at how rich these damn kids really were. How the hell do you have money to waste like that. Chanyeol could only imagine how much meat he could buy with all that money. He could buy a house full of meat. Maybe. Meat prices are going up these days, he should probably check on that. Before they know it Kris is gone at eight hundred thousand. When the hell did he join Student Council? Kai explains that Kris is a volunteer help. Kris was bought out by Tao’s siblings, Lau and Ran Mao. They did it to urk the young Panda- Tao.

 

Baekhyun was the toughest auction. Chen prepared himself mentally and partly physically because last year people tried to trample him after jumping onto stage to try and jump Baekhyun’s bones. These people got nasty. But thankfully, this year they hired security to put any es in their place. “I present to you, Byun Baekhyun!” The roar of the crowd is deafening. Chen almost wants to throw his mic at Baekhyun’s face. He doesn’t quite understand but the charm the President exudes was just so damn likable that anybody he smiles at, has them groveling at his feet. It is a very impressive skill. Though these poor humans only know of Baekhyun’s outside character and doesn’t know the whiny, overdramatic, childish, person Byun Baekhyun really was. They plan to keep it that way. The real Baekhyun is only for show to those who are worthy.

 

The bidding starts and Jessica Jung wipes the competition out. Sealing the deal with a peck to Baekhyun’s cheek and five million in Xiumin’s hands. Smile so wide the Korean man’s face might split in half. Somewhere backstage, something inside Chanyeol stirs as he watches Jessica cling on to Baekhyun’s arm and walk back stage with him. The giant shakes it off like the usual and puts on a practiced smile. One that Kai said made him look approachable.

 

Too approachable in Baekhyun’s book. The smile was beyond dazzling. When the auction for Chanyeol started, the crowd was stuck in awe while the giant flashed a friendly smile at them. Golden hair usually in ringlet curls styled back and gelled, not a  single one out of place. Kai did a fantastic job on Chanyeol. The suit he wore hugged him perfectly and all Baekhyun wanted to do was collapse to his feet and worship him.

 

Kim Taeyeon was the first bid. She also planned to be the last. And she would’ve succeeded too.

 

But not all plans go accordingly. The back and forth started at a hundred thousand and continued on.

 

“Three million.”

 

The crowd gasps.

 

All the members of the Student Council find smiles crawling up to their lips.

 

“Four.” Taeyeon counters.

 

“Five.”

 

Taeyeon isn’t one to give up easily. “Eight.”

 

Silence overtakes the area before the final bid is set into place.

 

“Ten.”

Chen hammers down his mallet against the podium. “Park Chanyeol, the highest winning bid we have had in school history, auctioned off at ten million!” Chen nearly shrieks into the microphone. “Byun Baekhyun is our winner!” Chanyeol is left speechless as Baekhyun grabs a hold of his hand and smiles up at him. He doesn’t ignore the sudden rapid beating of his heart this time around.

 

 


Author's Note

There wasn't a rule saying Student Council members couldn't bid. Just saying.

I am a free spirited fanfiction writer. I do what I want.

Sorry for not beta-in before releasing it.

Peace.