Bacon Bits & Potatoes

Dis·Interested

 

 

“Has the contracts been signed?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Xiumin?”

 

“Already on his way to the ban-” Chen’s phone buzzes and he quickly pulls it out to check. “He’s already filling in the bank account.” Suho nods and checks off the list in his notebook. Chen refers to it as the Vice President’s Death Note.

 

"Is Xiumin going straight to-"

 

"Yes." Chen cuts Suho off. "Now, the contracts are set to start at twelve till twelve even. It starts midnight. As for Chanyeol and Baekhyun. . ."

 

Suho waves a hand. "They'll work it out. Let's go. We have to talk to the principal."

 

 


 

 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun tugs at the giant's sleeve after he finished saying his goodbye to Jessica. "I was thinking. Would you like to go out for steak?" Baekhyun asks, punctuated with a smile. Chanyeol's eyes light up at the mention of meaty goodness or maybe simply because of the smaller male grinning up at him. It only takes Chanyeol a moment to realize Baekhyun paid ten million to spend a day with him.

 

"No!" Chanyeol nearly shouts, wiping the smile on Baekhyun's face, completely off.

 

Baekhyun forces a smile back on his face. "Oh, I see. Aha. Right. I forgot you're only obligated to hang out with me for a day. Um, this Saturday is fine, right?"

 

Chanyeol thinks he could hear disappointment and hurt in Baekhyun's voice but really, it must just be his ears since he's done nothing wrong. He's saving Baekhyun money and the trouble of wasting fuel, too. "Yeah, this Saturday is fine. Um, I know it's whatever you want to do but can we just stay inside?"

 

Baekhyun looks up sadly at Chanyeol. So, the giant doesn't want to be seen with him either in public, huh? "Just inside?" But why look at the bad side of things. Chanyeol might want to engage in or maybe a little make out session is more likely.

 

Chanyeol is thinking to himself what kind of meat he should serve Baekhyun. Maybe a potato stuffed with mash potatoes mixed with bacon bits and cheese. Does Baekhyun like potatoes? Should he know if Baekhyun likes potatoes? Does Baekhyun like bacon? Bacon sounds like Baekhyun a lot. Baekhyun is made of meat. Meat is good. Chanyeol is not a cannibal. But that didn't stop him from thinking Baekhyun probably tastes good. He should probably stop thinking. "Uh, yeah. Inside. Is that fine?" Chanyeol has to stop Baekhyun from wasting any more money.  

 

Baekhyun hums and smiles up at him. "It's fine. I'll see you Saturday."

 

"We go to the same school and belong in the same clubs. I'll be seeing you everyday but Sunday." Chanyeol points out. Baekhyun continues to stare at Chanyeol before shaking his head because if he was in a relationship with Chanyeol, they could see each other everyday. Move into a moderately sized apartment and he'd buy Chanyeol all the meat his heart desires. "Baekhyun?" Chanyeol waves a hand in front of the smaller male's face. "Yah, come on. I'll walk you home this time since we're always walking to mine."

 

Baekhyun snaps out of his fantasies. "Oh." He looks at Chanyeol weirdly. "My house is miles away, Chanyeol. Towards that way." Baekhyun points somewhere behind him. "I live on a private estate bigger than three of these schools."

 

"Yeah, yeah. We'll take the bus then." Chanyeol waves a hand. And starts walking towards the school gates. Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and follows after Chanyeol like a lost pup. He's never taken a bus before. Suho told him horror stories about public transportation. About the people that died in them and how their spirit were forever trapped in the metal beasts.  

 

Baekhyun grabs a hold of Chanyeol's arm to stop him from walking. "Chanyeol, we can't take the bus. It's evil." He almost stutters on the last part. "Buses are haunted."

 

The handsome meat lover looks down at Baekhyun oddly. Lips pressed in a tight line. One would say Chanyeol looked as if he was suppressing a laugh. "That's ridiculous." Chanyeol's voice shook at the simple statement.

 

"No, no. Suho told me stories of haunted buses and Kyungsoo confirmed them." Baekhyun looked up all too seriously at Chanyeol, who had to look away and muffle what sounded like laughter. "It's true!" Baekhyun whines.

 

Chanyeol sighs and takes Baekhyun's hand into his own. "Okay, I get it. But we're taking the bus." The giant nods to himself and he'll pay for both of their fare. This way Baekhyun isn't spending more money.  

 

The smaller male is struck silent and lets himself be pulled along by Chanyeol. Watching how their fingers interlace with each others.

 

 


 

 

When Baekhyun said he lived rather far from the school, he wasn't exaggerating, Chanyeol realized. It would take them a day to walk to his house. Chanyeol isn't exaggerating either. He looks down at the smaller male that had fallen asleep on his shoulder and wonders if it happened on a daily basis.  

 

Does Baekhyun fall asleep in his family car on the way home like this? Does he have a shoulder to fall asleep on? What should he eat when he gets home? These are the important questions.

 

Hell no, those ain't the damn important questions. But Chanyeol's mind works in stupid ways.

 

Baekhyun stirs next to him as they reach the last stop. Must be muscle memory. Sleepy eyes peer up at Chanyeol and an equally sleepy smile is directed at him. The giant feels something tug at him. Felt a need to call Baekhyun cute. Out loud. But that doesn't happen

 

"Wake up, Bacon." It just kind of slipped out.

 

Baekhyun blinks up at him sleepily. "Baek- on?" Chanyeol gets up and pulls him along. "Heh heh, cute." Baekhyun slurs. "I like it." Chanyeol doesn't stop walking and holds Baekhyun's hand a little tighter. His palm is sweating and Baekhyun probably thinks he's gross. Not that he cares. Because he doesn't. Because why would he. This is the longest bus aisle in the entire universe and people need to get the out of the way. Why the hell did they sit in the back of the bus like main drama characters? Anyways, they're finally off the damn bus and faced with the task of walking the long driveway before them. Baekhyun pushes the speaker button next to the gate. "Hi, it's me."  

 

"Where the hell have you been?!" It sounded like Kris.  

 

Baekhyun pushes the button again to speak. "I took the bus." Chanyeol is just now realizing he's still holding Baekhyun's hand which is dumb because he was just talking about it a paragraph ago.  

 

"What did we tell you about damn buses Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun holds down the button again. "Open the gates. I'm tired. Scold me in the morning." The gates open without another word. Baekhyun tugs Chanyeol along the long driveway but then suddenly stops. "Wait- you don't have to walk me to my door." He lets go of Chanyeol's sweaty hand. Probably wanted to let go for a while, Chanyeol thinks.

 

Baekhyun pouts when he lets go of Chanyeol's hand. God, he wanted to hold hands longer but Chanyeol must be tired too. "But you-" Baekhyun tugs Chanyeol down by the collar and kisses him.  

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen before closing on their own accord. His head leans in lower to deepen the chaste kiss. It was on purpose his body worked on it's own. Maybe because Baekhyun's lips are the softest and Chanyeol was right, Baekhyun did taste good. He wanted a little more, his hand, moving on their own to hold Baekhyun's head but the smaller male pulled away. Chanyeol dropped his hand and scratched the back of his head while Baekhyun smiled up at him. "Goodnight. I'll have our driver see you home safely." Baekhyun looked around before grabbing Chanyeol by the collar again and pecking him on the lips. "Goodnight!" The smaller male yelled as he raced for the front door, leaving Chanyeol in the dust.

 

Chanyeol doesn't know long he stood there looking after Baekhyun had long left. He was only snapped out of it when a car blew its horn at him and the driver rolled down the window to instruct him to get in. As soon as he did, his mother had called worried and Chanyeol explained quickly.  

 

One thought ran through Chanyeol's head the whole way home. Meat tastes amazing but Baekhyun. . . Baekhyun was, er, Chanyeol's head short circuited.

 

 


Author's Note

Chanyeol, pls. Just get with the program already. You're so slow I want to stab my eyes out.