Meat Stick

Dis·Interested

 

"Grab my one more time! I will have you arrested, do you know who I am?!" A small brunette yelled at a pretty girl, struggling over a pack of meat with, most likely, her mother. "Ha!" Baekhyun let out in triumph, running to the register where Chanyeol was waiting with six more packs. The one he had made seven, a lucky number. "I got i--" The meat pack flew from Baekhyun's hold, knocking Chanyeol in the gut but the taller dives to catch the falling small male. It was a tragically embarrassing scene.

 

But none of the other ladies felt bad for the boys on the floor, going at it like a pack of wild animals and taking their prized meat out of their cart. What es.

 

 


 

 

"Sorry." Baekhyun mumbled, he doesn't dare get closer to Chanyeol, ashamed for failing the taller. It was his fault they lost all the meat packs they fought for. He even snatched one from a middle school girl. This was probably karma for what he did. "You know, I could just take us out to somewhere. Where do you want to eat? My treat." Baekhyun scooted closer to the taller on the park bench before nudging him.

 

"Steaks on Sticks."

 

"The shady meat truck?" Baekhyun's eyes widened in fear. Of course he's heard stories about that specific food truck. For example, that the steaks were people the driver had abducted and cooks at medium temperature to perfection, like an art. Also, the guy was apparently a cannibal. Like Hannibal the Cannibal from that one hit show. But then again, "I hear the guy serves a killer steak on a stick." Because on the contrary, though there were rumors of human flesh being cooked. Apparently, they were cooked to absolute perfection and quite tender and delicious. No one can really prove if its human or not and those were just rumors, so Baekhyun will dismiss them. "Lets go."

 

Chanyeol's smile is always so radiant and surprising. Baekhyun is wondering how he's not blind yet. Oh yeah, Chanyeol doesn't smile often.

 

 


 

 

"Hanyeol, put your phone away." Mama Park slaps the device out of her son's hands when he ignores her. "For the last time, Baekhyun's fine."

 

"No. I have this feeling that he's not. And he probably misses me. Just, let me text him." The giant whines, begging his mother to hand his phone back to him.

 

Mama Park rolls her eyes, tucking his phone into her purse. "Son, do you want to know why I asked you to visit me?"

 

"Because you miss me?"

 

"Maybe." Hei Ryung pursed her lips. "And because as your mother, I'm trying to protect you."

 

Hanyeol sighed. "From what? Marriage with Baekhyun? I'm not changing my mind. We're getting married."

 

"But he doesn't love you."

 

There was nothing but the clattering of silverware and conversations among the other patrons of the restaurant before Hanyeol sighed, avoiding the repeated topic. "Can I just have my phone, please? I have to call my fiancé."

 

 


 

 

"!"

 

"What?!" Jumped a startled Chanyeol, nearly falling off his chair. He and Baekhyun are currently in front of Frozen Swirl.

 

"This steak on a stick is ing delicious." The brunette moaned, taking another bite of the suspicious meat. Chanyeol blushed a shade of red, hearing the brunette moan for meat. "What are you looking at? Are you going to eat it or not? Because I'll eat it for you."

 

Chanyeol snapped out of his trance, ravishing the rest of his meat stick. He can't really deny a few erted thought came to mind along with the words meat stick.

 

 


 

 

"Hanyeol."

 

"Sh."

 

"Don't you shush your mother." Hei Ryung smacked the phone out of her son's hands again. But this time, it flew off the side of the rail. It was a nice night for Hanyeol, barely, until he heard the telling crack of his cellphone below.

 

Hei Ryung didn't look the least bit guilty. "You're going to replace that." Hanyeol looked slightly pissed.

 

"I will, when you replace your fiancé." She bites back.

 

The giant rises from his seat, leaning over the table to hiss at her. "Mother, how many times do I have to tell you! I'm marrying Baekhyun and he'll--"

 

"Be unhappy because its pretty obvious by the way that boy came hunting for Chanyeol on that day that he's damn in love with your brother."

 

Hanyeol knits his eyebrows together, frustrated before plopping back onto his chair. "He'll give up on him soon, okay."

 

"I'm your mother, I just want the best for you."

 

"No. You just want to marry me off for a company merger." The young man spits, bolting up from his seat to march angrily out of the restaurant. "I'm going back home."

 

Hei Ryung closes her eyes to massage her temples, resting her elbows on the table. This whole is a disaster waiting to happen.

 

 


 

 

"I never imagined the best steak I would ever eat wouldn't be from a five star restaurant but from a suspicious food truck." Baekhyun nonchalantly states, slumping onto the booth table of Frozen Swirl. Chanyeol just nods in agreement, looking through the ice-cream menu for a flavor he might like to try. "I want Triple Chocolate Oreo."

 

"They removed that flavor last week." Chanyeol informs the brunette.

 

It was like the world was crashing down right in front of Baekhyun. "But that's my favorite flavor." He mumbles. "It was ing flavor of the month for two months!" The shorter states a little louder, catching the attention of a family ordering ice-cream at the counter.

 

"Calm down, Baek." Chanyeol coaxes the man he may or may not like--haha, who is he kidding, he's completely infatuated and into likes with the smaller. This is basically a date. It's terrible he wishes Hanyeol would just disappear for a little while longer instead of coming back to plan his marriage with Baekhyun. If this is some extreme cry for attention due to sibling rivalry, Hanyeol can have all the attention he wants. Everyone's attention but Baekhyun's. "I can get Chunky Chocolate Fudge and you can get regular Oreo and we can mix them."

 

"No, I'm going to demand they bring the flavor back."

 

 


 

 

In all of Chanyeol's years, he has never seen anyone argue so passionately about ice-cream. They'll probably be banned forever from Frozen Swirl.

 

Well, Chanyeol is wrong.

 

The giant watches as the manager sighs, exasperated as he fetches the last tin of Triple Chocolate Oreo that they had removed from the list in order to make room for a new flavor. The fourth year old shop owner swapped the Sweet Bean ice-cream and told Baekhyun that it was in fact, the last tin of Triple Chocolate Oreo. The brunette nodded in understanding, ordering the largest waffle cone dipped in chocolate with five scoops of previously stated flavor to share with Chanyeol.

 

Byun Baekhyun's power of persuasion borders ridiculous, in Chanyeol's opinion. It must be something in the brunette's eyes that pulls people in. Or maybe it was the way those sinful lips moved whenever he spoke. The wonders of Baekhyun can't exactly be pinpointed, Chanyeol just knows it's too late to break from the spell the smaller has casted on him.

 

Or maybe a curse.

 

Chanyeol doesn't exactly want to watch Hanyeol marry Baekhyun.

 

Definitely a curse.

 

 


 

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun moans whilst rubbing his stomach. “I feel sick.”

 

“You shouldn’t have eaten so much ice-cream.” The giant watches the brunette’s face contort in discomfort. “You don’t look so well.” He points out, poking Baekhyun’s cheek across the booth table. The brunette suddenly turns his face, his finger. Chanyeol jerks his hand away from Baekhyun’s face as if he was burned. “Wh-”

 

“Please carry me. It really hurts, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun gives the taller his signature pout. Though, it really wasn’t a trick of manipulation this time, his stomach really was upset as . Though he couldn’t say he was surprised when Chanyeol agreed so easily, rising from his seat to go over to his side, lifting him in his arms with ease. The brunette shut his eyes, suddenly feeling shy. It’s too late to feel this way, so he thinks, considering they’ve done much more intimate things.

 

Chanyeol walked down the streets easily, ignoring the odd stares they got as he made their way home or to the bus stop. “Should I drop you off at the bus stop?”

 

“Actually,” Baekhyun pauses, fiddling with his own hands. “I was wondering if I could spend the night or two.”

 

“Not sure that’s a great idea.” The giant furrows his eyebrows.

 

“I should spend some quality time with my future brother-in-”

 

“Don’t say it.”

 

 


 

Papa Park flinches and nearly drops his mug of coffee at the sound of the slamming front door. Another slam upstairs was heard soon after, sounding like it came from Chanyeol’s room.

 

 


 

Baekhyun frowned after being thrown none too gently on the giant’s bed. “Chan--” The brunette gasps when Chanyeol suddenly kisses him, tongue entering his mouth, exploring the familiar territory once more. It’s amazing how fast a mood can change within such a short period of time. Like stepping on water with socks on. Unfortunate.

 

But in Baekhyun’s case, it was rather the opposite. He tugged on the giant’s hair to pull him closer, closer. Wrapping his legs around Chanyeol’s waist, pulling him closer. He needed him as close as possible. Needed every part of their body fitting together perfectly as always. “I’m so sorry.” Chanyeol pulls away from the kiss suddenly, resting his forehead against the smaller’s. Baekhyun is at a loss. “We shouldn’t be doing this.”

 

“, Chanyeol. I wouldn’t be kissing you back if I didn’t like it.” Baekhyun growls, cupping Chanyeol’s face with his hand before drawing him back for a needy kiss. Baekhyun’s words are all Chanyeol really needs to continue on. Though he apologizes to Hanyeol, he also feels like he should off. Baekhyun was his first. Baekhyun was his, period.

 

 


 

“Yes mother, I’m fine.” Hanyeol sighs into his cellular phone, exasperated and tired of his mother’s nagging. “I’m on my way to the airport. No, I can’t stay longer. I need to see Baekhyun. No. No. No. We have to start planning the wedding. No, I really can’t stay--mom. I’m--” The giant ends the call, rolling his eyes. He turns the device off when he sees his mother attempting another call, he doesn’t need this right now. All he needs is to be next to Baekhyun and maybe a kiss or two for reassurance to dissipate all the doubt his mother had instilled within him. Baekhyun loves him very much. And that’s a fact.

 

 


 

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun snuggles closer to the taller in his bed. Aside from the heavy makeout session, they do nothing else but cuddle, just enjoying each other’s warmth. The giant hums in response. “The Wu’s are probably going to disown me if I break off the marriage.”

 

“Don’t do it then. Don’t break it--”

 

“I need to.” Baekhyun interrupts him, having already formed a resolve. In contrary to popular belief, this mess really is anticlimactic. “You may be twins, you may look a like but Hanyeol will never be you. And I’d never like him as much as I’m falling for you.”

 

“I feel bad for him.” Chanyeol admits.

 

Baekhyun plants a kiss on Chanyeol’s neck. “Me too but…”

 

“I kinda don’t at the same time.” The giant adds. “It’s conflicting but I’m willing to be selfish. I want to fall in love with you.”

 

 


 

Papa Park has stopped drinking coffee and is having his third bottle of beer as he massages his temples. He received a text from Hei Ryung earlier, informing him that Hanyeol is on his way back. “I only wanted one, you gave me two.” Papa Park speaks to no one in particular, talking about how he wanted one son but received two instead. It was a blessing. “I ask of you to give them both happiness. You give it in the shape of Baekhyun. Why couldn’t he have a twin too? You’re cruel.” PapaPark chugs the rest of his beer down. “What a mess."

 


Author's Note

So, I have school and it's exhausting. I'm not going to apologize for not being able to update, bbcakes because it alright. It's so tiring and we have exams every week.