Food Lovers Alike

Dis·Interested

 

The shrill of Chanyeol's ringtone slices through the heavy silence of morning, prying him away from the comfort of dreamland. "Who the hell-" He smashes his thumb down at the green answer button. "Hello?" There's yelling on the other line so he pulls away from the loud noise, sitting up and rubbing at his sleep deprived eyes. He barely got a wink, with Baekhyun's puppy yelps. It was cute but it wasn't after the fifteenth time. Thank goodness it stopped after fourty. No, Chanyeol was not counting. "Who is this?"

 

"It's Luhan. Suho just called me all panic that Baekhyun is missing. And they said he was taken- that he could be kidnap-"

 

"I have him."

 

"ped and- wait, what?" Luhan finishes lamely. Chanyeol looks over his shoulder at the almost as equally Baekhyun.  They aren't completely . Boxers are still there. Chanyeol's throat dries out unusually when he scans over the exposed milky flesh of Byun Baekhyun. He quickly averts his eyes, stopping them drinking up the sight and tracing every curve of the student council President.

 

Chanyeol shakes his head a bit to clear his thoughts. "I took him home last night. He was beyond faced." A dark laughter emits from the Luhan's side of the line.

 

"Did you do the do?"

 

Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows at the question. What the hell does doing the do mean. "Luhan, what the hell are you talking about?" Does he mean study because of course not, . "If you mean study, no. I didn't. Had no time I had to take care of Baekhyun."

 

More laughter on Luhan's end. Chanyeol thinks he might have heard Sehun's laughter too. "Yeah, Chanyeol. Sure. I'll just let you know Sehun and I had plenty of study time. Quit messing around, pfft. Study. Good keyword though. I'll leave you to rest after all those studies. I'll tell Suho the details so he'll stop ting out. Bye."

 

Luhan hangs up before Chanyeol has time to comprehend what he just said. It's actually too ing early so Chanyeol slips back into bed and falls back asleep.   

 

 


 

 

It is freezing. Suho is such a coldhearted bastard he has to keep his entire house just as cold as his heart, Baekhyun thinks to himself, eyes still heavy with sleep. His head doesn't hurt like a er. He has pretty good pain tolerance and has dealt with worse before. What he can't handle is how ing cold it is. He forces one eye open, squinting slightly at the bright sun streaming through the curtains. That sun is 92,955,807 miles from the earth yet it never misses the opportunity to blind him with its shunning rays.  

 

Partly blinded and disoriented, Baekhyun smacks the body next to him, cursing. "Suho, god. Turn the damn heater on, why the hell is it so cold in your house.  

 

"I wouldn't know." Answered a deep voice. Definitely not Suho. "The temperatures fine. Maybe if you didn't kick your blanket off you wouldn't be as cold."

 

Baekhyun opened both eyes fully for confirmation. "Chanyeol?"

 

"Morning."

 

"Where's Suho?"

 

Chanyeol propped himself up on his elbows and squinted at Baekhyun. The President balled his hands into fists on the mattress. , that's y. "Probably calming down from a panic attack. He thought you got kidnap- whoa, what are you-!"  

 

"What the hell did we do last night?!" Baekhyun demanded after straddling Chanyeol, bringing his face down mere inches from the giant.

 

"You mean, what I did?" Chanyeol corrected. "You were passed out the whole time."  

 

Baekhyun gasped and hugged himself.  "I didn't know you were that type!"

 

"Well, yeah I am. I took you out of the party and dragged you over to my home. It's not what I usually do but you were faced and I just thought, you know." Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly,  not knowing how badly Baekhyun was misunderstanding. "Kind of just took your clothes off for you too. You needed to get out of those."

 

"Oh my god." Baekhyun is reconsidering his crush on Chanyeol.

 

"Then I tucked you in snugly-"

 

"Wait- what?"

 

"-because you needed sleep, I just knew you needed rest after all those shots. I tucked you in snugly. Feel free to thank me by buying me meat, anytime." Baekhyun facepalmed. What the hell was he thinking. Of course Chanyeol didn't do anything. "Is your head hurting?" Baekhyun collapsed on top of the giant. "I could get you medicine for your head." Baekhyun shushed the taller male with a finger to his lips. After a good amount of just lying around with Baekhyun curled up against him, Chanyeol ruins the moment. “We need to get up, Baekhyun. I’m hungry.” Baekhyun stares up at Chanyeol who had sat up. “You should buy meat.” Chanyeol purses his lips in an adorable manner without noticing. But Baekhyun notices. Baekhyun always ing notices. “Because I helped your face last night.”

 

Chanyeol was cute but then he wasn’t. Was Baekhyun even sober when he started this crush on Chanyeol because he might have some reconsidering to do. Maybe. But Chanyeol’s giving him those eyes and Baekhyun has half a mind to punch him in the face but just sighs and begrudgingly sits up. “Hand me my clothes, please.”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head and walks over to his closet. Baekhyun averts his eyes and tries his hardest not to oogle the giant. He mostly fails though. “No, your clothes reek of alcohol and other things. You can borrow my clothes for now.” Chanyeol tosses him some sweat pants and shirt that hangs halfway down, almost to his knees.

 

“Chanyeol, I look ridiculous.” Baekhyun deadpans.

 

Chanyeol slips into similar sweat and equally large shirt. Except he fills them in better. “We can look ridiculous together. We’re just buying meat. I’ll cook.” Baekhyun follows the giant out of his room. For a poor person, Chanyeol’s house is pretty nice. It had a homey feel to it that Baekhyun’s was missing. Baekhyun’s adopted, home wasn’t really home. Mr. and Mrs. Wu were nice as can be and he knows he’s exceeded their expectations and that they considered him family but he still feels like a stranger. The odd one out of the tall Wu’s. He stood out. “Hey, what’s wrong?”  Baekhyun bumped straight into Chanyeol’s torso.

 

“Don’t stop in front of people.” Baekhyun scolded.

 

“Don’t space out when someone’s talking to you.” Chanyeol fired back and Baekhyun blushed. “You almost crossed the street while the light was red. Are you sure you have top spot in the rankings?” Chanyeol griped as he took Baekhyun’s hand into his own. “It’s like baby sitting.”

 

Baekhyun could barely contain his awe. Did Park Chanyeol just take his hand on his own? His heart nearly jumped out of his chest when Chanyeol looked over and smiled at him, mumbling something about meat. Baekhyun knows he has tough competition. He hopes there will come a day when Chanyeol loves him more than meat. Hell, he’s meat. Chanyeol can eat him anytime. Baekhyun gasped at his own thoughts and blushed furiously. “Get a grip on yourself, Baekhyun!”

 

“What?” Chanyeol looked back at him puzzled.

 

“Nothing.”

 

 


 

Baekhyun plopped down on Chanyeol’s living room couch and rolled over onto his back, rubbing his stomach. “You cook meat better than any of our chefs at home.” Baekhyun suddenly pops his head up to watch Chanyeol as he washes the dishes. “Don’t tell them I told you this though. They’ll never feed me again.” The Student Council President wasn’t expecting a laugh. Maybe his ears were playing tricks but no, Chanyeol really was laughing. Was it really that funny? “I’m serious.”

 

“Are you?”

 

Baekhyun sat up fully and tilted his head from side to side, weighing his options. “Eh, slightly.”

 

“Then, sure. I won’t.”

 

 


 

Come Monday at the Student Council room, Chen’s lips curled upward at its end. Kyungsoo was like a demon just released from hell, dark aura surrounding his whole tiny form. Kai was eyeing said demon from hell like he wanted to eat him. Xiumin was the usual, calculating accumulated money. How the hell are they even making money just sitting around. Yixing was zoning out while Suho stared dumbly at Baekhyun who kept smiling to himself and stealing glances at Chanyeol who was too busy studying and shoveling meat into his mouth. Suho looked over at Luhan and Sehun who brought their cheeks together to make suggestive eyebrow waves at Suho as if it was explanation to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s sudden happy nonexistent romantic relationship once more.

 

“So. . .” Suho starts. “How was everyone’s weekend- Baek, You go first.” Everyone’s head snap to Baekhyun’s direction.

 

The President felt like a caged zoo animal in that moment. “I- it was good. Fun. I slept over at Chanyeol’s and we hung out all weekend.” Chanyeol nodded to confirm the statement.

 

“Mhm.” Everyone hummed together. “What’d you do?” Luhan pipes up, resting his chin into his opened palm. “That was so much fun?” Sehun raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun, who shovels cheesecake into his mouth like no tomorrow. If he’s going to say anything embarrassing it will only be to Suho, his bestfriend or Kyungsoo. He refuses to most likely accidentally gush out waterfalls of little details he noticed about Chanyeol this past weekend. He can’t scare the giant right now. Not while they’re making progress.

 

“So?” Kai inches his chair closer to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo shoves him back, making his chair fall sideways. “Aw, !”

 

“Suho, change the subject!” Baekhyun growled, grabbing his bestfriend’s collar, a fire visible in his eyes. Suho isn’t afraid but complies.

 

Three claps from the Vice president has everyone scrambling to their seat in uniformity. “As you all may know. The school trip is fast approaching-”

 

“Isn’t that later in the story?” Lay had his hand raised.

 

Suho shakes his head. “No, the author moved it up for the sake of speeding up the slow pace this story is going.”

 

“Oh, okay then.”

 

“Anyways, it’s fast approaching and will probably be here in a chapter or two so we’re fundraising by making the whole school our slaves again.” Suho grins and everyone cheers.

 

Chen rests his chin on the table. “What’s the gimmick this time?” As far as Chen knows they only have five. The dance, pageant, auction, car wash, and the talent show. “Which, I mean.”

 

“It’s the auction.” Suho answers and Baekhyun nearly chokes on his milk. Oh god, no. People will be bidding on Chanyeol like he’s a hot pancake on a perfect morning. His mind drifts off to all the possible things the winner of Chanyeol’s bid may make him do. They may make him strip and dance for them. They could make his dress in a butler outfit and serve him all day, calling them Master. Oh god, they could make him cuff them to a bed and them relentlessly- oh god! “Baekhyun, are you okay?” Suho asks. Everyone’s attention is on him. He calms his breathing and stops doing so, ever so loudly and  smiles at them while internally freaking out. “Just like the money and power hungry dictators we are, we’re spurring this out of the moment on all the students so they’ll panic and extract as much money out of their parents as possible.”

 

Xiumin claps happily. “Sounds like a plan.”

 

Suho fixes his tie. “Everyone aside from Xiumin and Chen will partake in the auctioning. Xiumin will be handling the money and Chen will host.”

 

“Are we doing buyouts?” Kai suddenly bolts up. Sehun, Luhan, and Chanyeol all looked very lost during the entire thing. Suho nods in answer to Kai’s question. “I’ll explain to the newbies how the auction works.”

 

“Good. Well, everyone, that concludes our meeting for today.” Suho slams his palm down at the table. “Let’s extract as much money out of these rich- kids.” Everyone nods. “For the sake of the trip.” Most of the staff raises an eyebrow. “And to keep our meat  and sweets food club supply.” At this, all the members stood up and cheered.

 

“For the food!”

“That’s more like it.” Suho smiled.

 

 


Author's Note

Baekhyun's imagination is a little wild. Yay! People auction!