Public Transportations

Dis·Interested

 

 

"You know they can find me easily if they wanted to." Baekhyun tells Chanyeol as he withdraws cash from the bank. The giant takes his hand into his own, lacing their fingers together as they exit the premise.

 

Chanyeol shrugs. "Do you care?"

 

"Well, no. I think I'm old enough to make choices for myself." Baekhyun states indignantly. As much as he's thankful for the Wu's taking him in, he was tired of being the perfect small role model doll they hold him on a pedestal to be. What was worse is having Kris' pedestal right next to him, higher and more accomplished. He was just an adopted son, he knew he'd never be good enough. "Chanyeol, I'm scared."

 

"What do you want? Put everything aside for a second and tell me what you want." The taller stops walking, looking directly ino his eyes. He knows Chanyeol's not putting him on the spot. Baekhyun just really doesn't know what he wants.

 

"I don't know." He answers helplessly, wanting to cry. "I want some of that steak on a stick but I also want this wedding with Hanyeol to be cancelled. I wanna fall in love with you but I think I already am. I want you to kiss me in the mornings when we wake up and at night before we sleep and all the time. I want to live in a cozy little apartment with you instead of the mansion I'm so used to. I want a lot of things, Chanyeol. And a lot of them involves you."

 

The giants cups his face in his large hand, framing Baekhyun's distressed features. He smiles gently at him, all genuine and adoring before leaning down to connect his lips with the brunette in a chaste kiss. The existence of the people staring at them, mattered not in the moment, the only two that mattered is each other. For Chanyeol, seeing a blush blooming in the smaller's cheeks was priceless with the consideration Baekhyun was usually the one to initiate things.

 

"Chanyeol."

 

The bus pulls up at the bus stop, its doors opening, accompanied by a mechanical sound.

 

"Hm?" The giant hums in response as they boarded the public transport. They settled on the second to last row of the bus. It's pretty damn early but Papa Park made them breakfast before they left, not wanting them to go hungry. Chanyeol had his phone while Baekhyun had nothing, left everything he had but his I.D in the Park's home. The giant wouldn't have ever thought he'd have more than someone as rich as Baekhyun but as he dwelled more on it, he realized he'd always had more. He might not have in the aspect of money but he had a loving father, annoying siblings, his crazy mother, his grandmother, his friends who were there even though they knew he wasn't rich at all. He could only imagine how many people pretended to be friends with Baekhyun just for the benefits. Yet here he was, taking him with nothing but his everything.

 

"I'm still sleepy." The brunette finally mumbles out, leaning against his shoulder. Chanyeol took the aisle seat, giving Baekhyun the window seat. "Also, I want to be friends and maybe a little more, also." The small male gripped onto his coat a little tighter, elegant fingers tugging him to lean closer to the brunette. "I'm in love with you."

 

 


 

 

Hanyeol dropped his bag near the door like a pile of garbage. He was tired and ready to visit Baekhyun. Papa Park welcomed him home, offering him something to eat. It was nearing noon so he didn't decline the food, having not eaten for a few hours. The giant trudged his way upstairs, carrying his god forsaken bags, just tossing them into his room before peeking into Chanyeol's room, only to find it empty.

 

On his way down the stairs, he wondered vaguely where his older brother could possibly be. "Dad, where's Chanyeol?"

 

"Out." Was all Papa Park gave him as he pushed a plate of food before him.

 

Hanyeol rolled his eyes at his father's uninformative answer. "Yeah, where?"

 

"I don't know." Papa Park shrugged. "He just left. I didn't ask, he's a grown boy, I'm sure he can handle and take care or another."

 

Hanyeol rolled his eyes once more, finishing his food. "Alright, I guess I'm the same. I'm going to over to the Wu's to visit Baekhyun." His father just nodded, going back to reading his magazine.

 

"What a mess, what a mess. But you're all old enough to clean up after yourselves so I'm staying out of it." Papa Park mumbled to himself once he heard the front door close.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun." A deep voice mumbled against his hair before kissing him. "Wake up."

 

Baekhyun whined, rolling over to cuddle against his giant, wrapping his arms around him. "I don't want to."

 

"You have to," Chanyeol insisted, peppering his face with kisses before tickling him awake. The brunette laughed and giggled until the taller stopped to greet him properly. "Good morning, love." He smiled before dipping down to kiss Baekhyun.

 

"Morning," the smaller mumbled against his lips before he completely pulled away. "I had the strangest dream. Well, not really strange since it all happened, give or take a few things."

 

"What was it about?" The giant asked, hauling Baekhyun up to carry him to their closet, seating him on the center chair as he chose their attire for the day.

 

Baekhyun hesitated for a moment to ponder before speaking. "High school, the student council. What happened and everything, Hanyeol, your father, mother, brother. Just a lot of things, Chanyeol."

 

"Up to date?" Chanyeol asked, helping Baekhyun remove his clothes after having picked their outfit for the day. "Hop on," the taller ordered and Baekhyun did as told, piggy backing him.

 

The brunette shook his head, continuing to tell the other about his dream. "No, it wasn't up to date. You woke me up at the bus part."

 

"The one where you were too scared? And thought buses were--"

 

"No, no. Not that." Baekhyun interrupted the raven haired male. "Our bus ride out."

 

"Oh." Chanyeol set the small male down into the shower before thinking for a moment. "Should we take a day off work and visit?" The taller waited for the brunette to answer before starting to shower. "Alright, no work today. I'll call everyone to meet at the restaurant."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah."

 

 


 

 

"I'm still not over you taking my brother without telling all of us, you ."

 

Chanyeol just smiled at Kris, patting his head. "Okay, bro." That was all before he received a hug from his father. Hanyeol walked into the restaurant next, followed by the whole old Student Council gang.

 

"Aye!" They all hollered upon seeing Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

"Hows the baby?" Kai asked Baekhyun, rubbing his stomach.

 

Chanyeol smacked the tan male on the head. "He's not pregnant. Don't touch him like that." The giant hugged the brunette to him, kissing Baekhyun's temple.

 

"He's grown a little possessive over the past five years, I see." Kyungsoo marched up to gently pry Baekhyun away from the giant, giving him a friendly kiss to the cheek before hugging him. Chanyeol play pouted, earning a pat on the cheek from Kyungsoo.

 

Suho was next to greet them, embracing both Chanyeol and Baekhyun at once, having everyone join in. Once everyone arrived and taken their proper seats, Chanyeol was put on the spot by Hanyeol. "So, when are you going to propose to my fiancé?"

 

"Goddamn, let that one go." Chen rolled his eyes along with Luhan and Kyungsoo. Sehun sniggered next to his brother. "That was four years ago. If he ran away, he clearly didn't want you."

 

That was a little harsh but it was the truth. Hanyeol looked a bit offended but smiled it off, choosing not to take it offensively. Yeah, he's still slightly ticked about it but---

 

"I actually already proposed." Chanyeol broke the news, taking Baekhyun's hand in his before giving him a kiss. Luhan, Kyungsoo, Kai, Papa Park, well, nearly everyone shot up screaming. Baekhyun held on to each other, taken by surprise of everyone's sudden outburst.

 

 


 

 

"Hows the business? Well, Emanuel is making awesome steaks on sticks as always. I think it was a great decision to hire him." Chanyeol nodded in good understanding. "Baekhyun and I own 70% of the business together so if he decides to go against us, he can't since his share is only 30%."

 

"Chanyeol, that's really brutal." Mama Park raised an eyebrow at her son, smiling at him. "I'm proud of you. You found a way to make your meat fixation into a business."

 

At some point during the gathering, the karaoke machine was brought out, everyone taking turns. "It turned out well." Chanyeol agreed, running his fingers through Baekhyun's hair who had fallen asleep on his lap. "I'm happy."

 

"You seem like it." Mama Park took her shot. "You look lovestruck, like how I used to look at your father."

 

"Ma, you still look at him like that. Even more so when he's dressed like a woman." Chanyeol rolled his eyes, rubbing Baekhyun's back soothingly.

 

"Can you blame me? He's genderfluid. It's unfair." His mother took another shot. "And quit fondling your future husband in front of his future mother-in-law."

 

"I'm not fondling him." The raven haired male pointed out. "Rubbing his back helps him sleep better. Do you think I can trust dad to lock up for us. I think I should take him home. Baekhyun's pretty tired." Hei Ryung just, nodded, starting to get a little buzzed. "Okay, please don't break anything. Tell everyone bye for us."

 

 


 

 

"Hey, where's Baek and Yeol?"

 

Mama Park mumbled something against the table along the lines of, "They're gone."

 

"Those s, always running away together without telling us." Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. His boyfriend, Kai pinched his cheeks.

 

"Let them be." Xiumin patted Kyungsoo's back. "We should probably clean up then close up for them."

 

"They've done pretty well together, I have to admit." Hanyeol muttered as he gathered dishes. "Except this was suppose to be mi--"

 

"Let it go." Everyone groaned. "No, this wasn't supposed to be your happy ending. Obviously because you don't have some weird meat obsession like Chanyeol and second because you're not Chanyeol, the one Baekhyun loves. Let it go, son." Papa Park let on. "I'll set up a date for you on Luhan and Sehun's dating site."

 

"He still ran away with my bride."

 

"Son, I will smack you with this plate."

 

 


 

 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun mumbled as the giant carried him inside their home.

 

"Hm?" The raven haired male hummed as he kicked the front door closed.

 

"Thank you for being in love with me." The brunette mumbled, having his fringe brushed back by the giant as he receives a kiss to his forehead.

 

"It's my pleasure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you think we should tell them you proposed to me in the back of a cop car?" Baekhyun whispers as they’re falling asleep.

 

Chanyeol ponders on it for a second before answering. "Probably not." He doesn’t think it’s a very good idea to let their family know they were arrested for skinny dipping in someone’s private property. Taking all the wild in the night to realize how beautiful Baekhyun was underneath the moonlight and the blue and red police light with his hair dripping wet, having his shirt stick to his lithe frame. Yeah,he was planning to propose under the the starry sky in the water but that didn’t go as planned, ducking his head to seat with his boyfriend in the back of a cop car. He can’t say the policeman was very happy when Baekhyun started screaming in joy, kissing him in the back.

 

 

“Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?”

 

The small brunette jumped onto his lap, crying out yes before forcing him against the car window for a breathtaking kiss. “Yes! Yes! Yes!” Exclamated with a kiss each time.

 

“Stop that! Don’t make out in my cruiser! Stop! I will pull this police car over!”


“Please pull over and help me get the ring out.”

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

If you're sad or disappointed with the ending, I am right with you but really, I just wrote this story to write it. There was no plot so I had no idea what I was doing. I have another crack story I'm writing soon. Because I like happy stories. It's gonna be a bakery AU. One-shot though. Okay then. Bye. Love you all bbcakes. -CJ