Imminent

Dis·Interested

 

 

“A male?” Chanyeol points at Baekhyun, who was still straddling him and looks up at everyone helplessly. “Er. . .” Chanyeol quickly got up to his feet, leaving Baekhyun on the ground. Oh, he was beautiful but that’s not Chanyeol’s style so he walks a little faster and doesn’t look back, even when Luhan and Sehun call after him.

 

No one has a chance to help Baekhyun up before his older brother comes running from out of nowhere and shoves everyone aside. “Don’t touch  my precious brother!” The tall Canadian-Chinese man screams and drags Baekhyun away before anyone has a chance to comprehend what was happening.

 

Suho adjusts his glasses, making it gleam. As if on cue, Baekhyun comes running back to them with Kris right on his tail. The shorter male clings to Suho for dear life as he whines. “Chanyeol left me. Our love is dying. I’m wilting without him. What do I live for now.” Suho shoved at Baekhyun’s face till he let go of him. Eventually, Baekhyun did and released his hold on the Vice President.

 

“Get yourself together, Baekhyun.” Suho tried to fix his wrinkled attire.

 

Kris shoved everyone aside and held on to Baekhyun in a possessive manner. “Who’s Chanyeol?!”

 

“The love of my life! He’s gone.” Baekhyun wailed and slumped against his older brother.

 

The fire in Kris’ eyes diminished. “Oh, he’s gone? Good.” The tallest male smiled and cooed over how cute his little brother was. Luhan and Sehun waved a hand.

 

“He’ll be back tomorrow. He goes to school here.”

 

“I’ll kill him.” Kris stated in a stone cold voice. Suho smacked Kris till he let go of Baekhyun and took hold of the manhandled President. Kris held his cheek looking like a kicked puppy.

 

The glare Suho sends his way has everyone around cowering away. “There will be no killing on campus as long as we’re in charge. Make us look bad and there won’t be anything being heard of you ever again.” Everyone cowered back further, including Kris. “No!” Suho’s mood takes a complete one-eighty. Warm smile greeting everyone with a gentle yet deadly aura. “Bring me Park Chanyeol. He seems to be confused about something. I’d like to help him.” No one moves a muscle. “Now.”  A demonic voice escapes from Suho, sending them all running after Chanyeol.

 

 

 


 

After the incident, Chanyeol didn’t attend the next week of school.

 

“I’m worried.” Baekhyun paced around the Council Room. Luhan notices this is all they’ve basically done and his grades are barely holding on. Sehun was okay but he wasn’t in much better shape. How the hell could these people manage to stay in this room all day? Are they failing too?

 

“Are you nearly failing a class too?” Luhan rests his chin in his palm.

 

Baekhyun and everyone turns to him, slightly confused and puzzled. “You’re failing a class?” Lay, the usually quiet Council Historian asks. Luhan mumbles out a nearly and it only takes a snap of Suho’s fingers before everyone is dialling numbers. “Get me your top tutor in- Luhan, what subject?”

 

“Physics.” Luhan lets out, bewildered. “Sehun needs one too.”

 

Lay barks out orders into the phone while Tao shouts orders into his own phone for cakes. In general, there was just a lot of yelling before everyone hangs up in sync and silence overcomes the Council chamber. “How are you guys failing?” Xiumin turns slightly in his seat to ask Luhan and Sehun. Sehun just shakes his head and Luhan shrugs. “We’re not here often just half the school day. And, Baekhyun’s basically here all day but-” In that moment, the door to the Council room opens and Chanyeol comes in and takes a seat next to Luhan. Suho and Baekhyun’s eyes never leave the tall male’s form until he is seated. Suho’s hand immediately flies up to hit Baekhyun in the gut before the small love stricken male could bound up to Chanyeol, sending Baekhyun to his knees on the floor. Kyungsoo was up and attempting murder on the Vice President in no time flat.

 

Kai, Yixing, and Chen had to get involved. Chen, fanning Suho’s face once they’ve managed to pry Kyungsoo’s grip off of Vice President’s neck. “I’m going to do more than that the next time you hurt my baby.” Kyungsoo growled. It completely slipped from Suho’s mind that Kyungsoo was present today and he was an absolute devil no matter who he was dealing with- with the exception of Baekhyun, who the small, heart shaped smile, male completely adored. “Baeakhyun!” Kyungsoo wailed and draped himself onto the said President.

 

Baekhyun groaned some more before standing back up. “I’m fine!”He announced with a smile. Kyungsoo glared at Suho over his shoulder as he walked with Baekhyun to be seated, causing the Vice President to hide half of himself behind Chen.

 

It was no surprise to anyone when Baekhyun decides to sit next to the sleeping giant. how Chanyeol managed to sleep with all that ruckus going on, no one knows but they did envy such a skill. Baekhyun simply sat there quietly well, tapping on the table every now and then. Sometimes to a beat, sometimes tapping without care. “Xiumin, what were you saying before all that?” Luhan inquired once everything was calm once again.

 

Xiumin scratched his head in attempt to remember. “Oh, I meant to say- How  are you guys failing? Baekhyun is here all day but his grades are top notch. He’s at the head of our class. Um, I’m not trying to brag and sound like his mother but Baekhyun’s kind of a genius.” At the statement, Sehun and Luhan looked over at the said genius. They weren’t convinced. Baekhyun had his head down, next to Chanyeol in the same position. They faced each other, arms cushioning their head. They looked back at Xiumin with doubt, who looked at Suho then Kyungsoo for help. Kyungsoo was more than happy to vouch.

 

“Baekhyun is really smart. He might not seem like it since he’s love stricken but the school ranking speaks for itself.” Kyungsoo flips his laptop to face Luhan and Sehun. Their first thought was both on how quality their school website was and second thought would be damn. Because it is truth. Byun Baekhyun sits proudly at the number one spot in the schools student rankings. Followed by Wu Kris, Kim Suho, Kim Xiumin, and Zhang Lay. It surprises them to see Chanyeol’s name in sixth place.

 

“Oh look, Chanyeol’s in sixth place.” Sehun says out loud, making the said giant jolt awake. Eye widening when it comes into focus on Baekhyun’s chocolaty eyes. He’s drowning in them.

 

Chanyeol forcefully tears his gaze away from Baekhyun’s and sits up abruptly. “What do you mean sixth?!” His tone comes out more angry than surprised. “I dropped from second?!” Chanyeol grabs the laptop to confirm and indeed, sixth is his place. “Oh no, no, no.” Chanyeol grabs onto his hair and pulls on it. Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and asks what’s wrong. Suho clears his throat and speaks for the panicked Chanyeol.

 

“I believe he’s worried about his scholarship.” Baekhyun frowns at the mention of worry and scholarship. It wasn’t a good mix. “Chanyeol must stay in the top five to maintain it or immediate termination after the semester.”

 

Baekhyun leaps out of his chair and grabs a hold of Suho’s collar before shaking him. “Drop from your spot right now.”

 

“Baekhyun, that’s unreasonable. You know I can’t do that. I’ll lose my seat as Vice President.”

 

“You’ll lose something else if Chanyeol stops attending this school.”

 

Suho has never been scared of Baekhyun. Never. And he still isn’t because the shorter male is easy to bully. What he fears most is Kyungsoo and sees by the way said male is looking at him, he’s going to either need to cave to Baekhyun’s wish or find a way for Chanyeol to stay in this school till graduation if he ever wants to stay happy for the rest of the year and not to be made a miserable by Kyungsoo. Which would technically be Baekhyun’s fault because Kyungsoo is under his spell. After some thinking to himself, Suho sighs and takes his phone out. “I’ll see what I can do.”

 

It’s magical how the whole room lights up with just Baekhyun’s smile. Chanyeol looks up from his despair, having been listening the whole time. Maybe he shouldn’t have because Baekhyun is weird. A weird guy that crossdresses as female and makes him have a crush on him but then reveal he’s male and takes it away. But right now, that’s not what Chanyeol needs to focus on because he needs to thank said crossdresser. He stands from his seat and everyone freezes and stares as he tugs Baekhyun into a hug and whispers a thank you into his ear. Baekhyun responds differently from the way Chanyeol expected him to. Baekhyun was resilient. Very much so.

 

There was no stuttering. There was no shy sputters. There was none of that. It was only a cheerful smile and a you’re welcome before Baekhyun pulled him down for a kiss.

 

Chanyeol’s never kissed a guy and he never planned to.

 

But just because he didn’t plan to, didn’t mean it wouldn't happen.

 

And he’s not exactly saying it feels wrong.

 

Because Baekhyun’s lips are soft. Oh, so soft and he doesn’t push further than a simple kiss before pulling away and leaving Chanyeol completely empty in the head and dazed. Unable to react, Chanyeol moves mechanically back to his seat and does nothing the rest of the school day.

 

Chen who sits next to Suho leans over to whisper to him. “I think Baekhyun broke Chanyeol.” Suho was too preoccupied by the way a dark aura swims around Kyungsoo to hear Chen. Chanyeol’s faith is sealed with a kiss. Death seems to be walking around in his future.

“Ah! I’m late!” Baekhyun yelps before shoving the rest of his cheesecake into his mouth and running to the door, right before stopping just to turn back around around and quickly peck Chanyeol on the cheek. “Bye guys.” As soon as Baekhyun shut the door, all hell broke loose.

 

 


Author's Note

I think it has begun. I don't know. Probably.

I don't bite by the way. I have this tumblr and a twitter.