On The Market?

Dis·Interested

 

Does this classify as cheating?

 

Baekhyun stands silently in front of the Park household, just a knock away from making his presence known. He hasn’t seen Chanyeol in a month, give or take a day or two. And within that month, his engagement with Hanyeol had gone smoothly. Baekhyun doesn’t exactly know what he’s been doing their entire break from school. The place was getting renovations done so all students were sent on a holiday so the administrators could spend more money of the fancy place. But back to Baekhyun’s internal question.

 

Does this classify as cheating?

 

Hanyeol was currently spending time with his mother, accompanied by Papa Park and Sungyeol. Chanyeol was left at home with Sugar, according to Luhan and Sehun who had been dropping by to check on Chanyeol often for Baekhyun.

 

Sugar.

 

That’s right, Baekhyun is here for Sugar, not for Chanyeol.

 

That lie will only get him so far.

 

After some fair reconsideration, Baekhyun decides he can wait to see Chanyeol at his and Hanyeol’s wedding. So it’s plainly unexplainable why he knocked on the heavy wooden door in front of him. Panic began to rise within him, hearing Chanyeol shuffle on the other side of the door. The President had very few options. Either he could run as fast as he can, dive into a nearby bush or stare at Chanyeol till the giant gets uncomfortable enough to close the door on his face.

 

When the door finally opened, Baekhyun quickly shut his eyes. There was silence for a brief moment before Chanyeol’s overly fake, happy voice greeted him. “Baekhyun, ah, what are you doing here? You do know Hanyeol isn’t here. In fact, they left three hours ago. Well, bye--”

 

“Wait! I’m not here for Hanyeol! I’m here for my baby, Sugar!” At the shout of the dog's name, the Samoyed came bounding towards the front door, wagging its tail and barking enthusiastically from the crack of the door Chanyeol was about to close. “Sugar!” Baekhyun’s eyes lit up upon seeing how much the pup had grown. “Look at you all grown up.” The President thinks he should be feeling some sort of guilt for using Sugar as a way to get inside the house, practically alone with Chanyeol. And he will, he’ll definitely feel guilty.



 

Later.

 

The short brunette wasted no time kicking the front door closed before surprising the giant, pinning the taller against said door. “Bae--” Not another word was uttered by Chanyeol, after having been silenced by Baekhyun’s lips.

 

Okay so maybe, this is considered cheating.

 

And Baekhyun wants to feel guilty and wrong but it feels too damn good. The way Chanyeol is going down on him feels too damn good. Too damn good to be true.



 

Baekhyun blinks from his spot on the couch, sitting next to Sugar and wills his wild imagination away. He grips onto his teacup a little too tightly and listens to Chanyeol’s familiar hum in the kitchen as he fixes them a couple of grilled cheese. With ham, of course.

 

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol called from across the coffee table. Baekhyun jumped in surprise, eyes flying open, realizing his giant was no longer humming. Did he say his giant?

 

The President laughed awkwardly, choosing to pet Sugar and sip his tea at the same time, succeeding in earning weird looks from both Chanyeol and the dog next to him. The brunette chugged the rest of his tea down like a shot of alcohol, wanting to get it out out of the way and decides it. “Chanyeol.” He directs a very lust filled gaze at the unknowing giant.

 

Chanyeol swallows visibly, feeling the sudden tense air around Baekhyun. “After you eat your grilled cheese, I trust you can show yourself out I’m--”

 

“Going to continue sitting there.” Baekhyun interrupted the taller, strutting around the coffee table.



 

Okay, scratch his second fantasy.

 

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol get up and quietly finished the rest of his tea. Well, isn’t he quite pathetic. What exactly was he thinking coming here? The President may or may not have come here with the intention of coming for Chanyeol. Coming in the most ual sense. The brunette sighed and set his empty teacup down, clinking against the glass table. He pets Sugar goodbye and trudges over to the door, picking his shoes up to slip on.

 

 


 

Chanyeol lays on his bed, arms covering his eyes. Baekhyun was just downstairs. Baekhyun was just downstairs. He could apologize to him but what good would that do? The President was already engaged to Hanyeol. Honestly speaking, when Chanyeol first met Baekhyun, he was expecting his life to be a romantic comedy. Where they went wrong, he wants to say he doesn’t know but he knows it was when Hanyeol was born--joking--it was when he rejected Baekhyun and they avoided each other. Right?

 

The sound of Chanyeol’s bedroom door slamming open, startles him enough to make the giant fall off the side of his bed. Baekhyun’s emotionless face marched up to help him stand before shoving him back on the mattress, joining him. The small brunette cuddled up to his side, throwing a casual arm around his abdomen before nuzzling against his neck. The giant laid in place, as stiff as possible. His body suddenly out of his control, not knowing what to do.

 

“Yeol, relax.” The President more or less ordered, whispering against the skin on his neck, causing shivers to run down his body. “You should probably cuddle me back.” Baekhyun suggested, sounding rather unsure.

 

“You know that feeling when you buy meat from the market?” The giant starts.

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows together and looks up at Chanyeol, who was finally relaxing in his hold, turning to his side to face him. “Chanyeol, what are you going on about.”

 

“Let me finish.” The taller frowns, tangling their legs together. “Where was I? Oh, um, when you buy meat from the market.” A pause. “And then you bring it home to fix it up and marinate it, getting all excited and warm inside.” The President holds his tongue on telling the giant he’s probably the only person that gets excited over meat. “So after preparing it, you already have the grill ready and preheated so all you have to do is lay the meat down and you can feel the warmth radiating. That’s how I feel about you. You make me really warm and happy inside, Baekhyun.”

 

It had to be the one of the best explanations on feelings ever. It was the Chanyeol way of explaining feelings and Baekhyun loved every bit of it. “Yeah, I love you too.”

 

“I didn’t say--”

 

“I know, Chanyeol. Just shut up and kiss me while this lasts.” The shorter ordered, tugging Chanyeol down by the hair till their lips met. Moving in flawless harmony, something along the lines of a pleasured past time taken back up and practiced with vigor. The kiss grew hotter with each second but neither made a move to do anything about the uncomfortable heat, just relishing on the taste of each other’s lips.

 

Baekhyun wants to feel bad. He wants to feel guilty, he really does but it’s dreadfully hard to feel anything but the playful border of lust and love when Chanyeol is looking at him like he’s the world. It both excites and scares Baekhyun that someone could hold such a gaze and direct it at him without wavering. “Not to ruin the moment but. . . Hanyeol.”

 

The brunette’s eyes glazed over for a second as he zoned out. It startled Chanyeol once he started smiling to himself. “Yeol, should we run away together?”

 

The taller hugged Baekhyun closer, shifting down to hide his face against the President’s neck. “How is that suppose to even work? I’m broke and transferring money to a different bank leaves a trail. Drawing out too much cash seems suspicious and unsafe. I’m kinda poor and jobless, Baekhyun, I don’t think you want to live in a cramped one bedroom apartment with me in some unsafe neighborhood.”

 

“I would, for you. If it’s an unsafe neighborhood, I have an excuse every night to cling to you.” The brunette shrugged.

 

“Let’s be practical about this.”

 

Baekhyun shifted back, looking down at Chanyeol’s slightly amused face. “Running away is practical or would you rather I call Hanyeol and the Wu’s right now and have a conference call to tell them I’m breaking up with all of them to live with you in your room?”

 

The two males were too involved  in their discussion to hear the front door open and to take notice of the steps slowly ascending the stairs. Baekhyun and Chanyeol held on to each other tighter out of surprise when Papa Park stepped through Chanyeol’s opened bedroom door, gaping at them. “What is going on here?” The man raised an eyebrow at the two, flipping his long blonde curls over his left shoulder.

 

Baekhyun weighed his options. He really didn’t need to, considering this was Papa Park so he decided to go with what he had in mind. “I wanna break up with Hanyeol and my adoptive parents and move in with Chanyeol in his room. That’s cool, right?”

 

Papa Park shook his head. “No.” The man paced back and forth. “I’m not sure I can support three grown boys.” Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. He was expecting something along the lines of “No. You’ll  break poor Hanyeol’s heart.”

 

“I can get a job and Chanyeol will get one with me. Right?” Baekhyun looked at the giant expectantly. There was no way Chanyeol could say no to such a face, which is why he doesn’t understand why he rejected the President in the first place. , his head is just a mess.

 

“I guess you can if that’s the case.” Papa Park shrugged. "But I don’t want to deal with fights inside this house or deal with any drama. So fix it all before you decide to move in, okay child?”

 

Baekhyun nodded eagerly to the older man’s condition, watching as Chanyeol’s father padded towards the door, closing it on his way out. “Baekhyun, this is the worst idea.” Chanyeol groaned, sitting up. “Running away sounds way better right now.”

 

“Chanyeol, make up your mind. Do you want me to marry Hanyeol or what? Because frankly, I don’t want to marry him.” Baekhyun plainly stated, yanking Chanyeol back down to lay next to him. “I can’t look at him without seeing you and it most definitely has something to do with the fact you two are identical twins.”

 

“Wanna go on a date?”

 

Baekhyun narrows his eyes at the taller. “That’s not the topic at hand, Chanyeol.”

 

The giant shrugs. “I know but Hanyeol isn’t here and the Wu’s don’t really ask where you go so, I thought we could go on and be happy out on a date, far away from this topic until we finally have to deal with it. When Hanyeol comes back.”

 

“Well,” The President starts, not sure if Chanyeol could handle what he had in mind for them to do. “The meat market downtown is having a meat sale at two. We’d have to arrive early to beat the little old ladies out on a hunting bargain for quality meat.”

 

The giant suddenly sat up, straddling Baekhyun and shaking the shorter. “Are you serious?! Why are we here then?! Get dressed.”

 

“I am dressed.” The brunette looked down to inspect his attire. Yup, fully dressed in Chanyeol’s bed. And they’re about to leave to go to the meat market and wrestle with older ladies. “This must be true love.”

 

“What?” Chanyeol whirled around, helping Baekhyun to his feet. “Did you say something?”

 

“Nothing.” Baekhyun chuckled, pulling the giant along with him.

 

“Okay,” The giant grinned happily, causing the shorter to smile with him. “If we manage to buy a lot of meat over the ladies, I’ll cook for you.” On their way out, Baekhyun made sure he had his credit card on him before nodding at Chanyeol and lacing their fingers, walking down to the bus stop.

 

“Are you still afraid of buses?”

 

“No. I searched it up online. They lied to me.”

“Yeah.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

A kinda fluffy update before Hanyeol comes back from his trip visiting their mother.

Look at this. . . Chanyeol looks so freaking happy. Like, really genuinely happy. My poor heart and Baekhyun's cheeks lift up to smile with him. Help.

Favorite Chanyeol moments. When he's checking Baekhyun out and he gets caught and acts like he wasn't looking. The first GIF makes me laugh because he panics like, "Oh , he saw me. Do I look forward, right, up, left, back at him. Aw ." The second GIF is like "Checking you out. Wait--oh you see me, no you don't I'm looking left, at you again, then left again, I should sit back now."

Still cryng over this to be honest.

No one will ever be able to convince me Chanyeol was not trying to kiss Baekhyun here.

Okay lol, I shared enough for now. You can find more here.