Things At Steak

Dis·Interested

 

The sound of footsteps behind Chanyeol doesn’t put him into unease the least bit. He knows he’s being followed and that’s quite alright, unless they abduct him, then that’s not alright at all. What does put Chanyeol into unease is the way Baekhyun has ignored him for two weeks straight, dodging him in the hallways, leaving the Council chambers early, eating lunch elsewhere. No one has seen Baekhyun eat a single cheesecake slice since the day Chanyeol rejected him. Luhan and Sehun have grown venom to bite him with everytime he tries to talk to them and Baekhyun being down has really put all Council work to a grinding halt. It doesn’t look like the Christmas show this year is going anywhere but downhill. Chanyeol is the Grinch that stole Christmas is basically what’s happening. The weather outside is frightful but the cold shoulder Baekhyun has been giving him is worse.

 

Chanyeol sighs as he hastens his pace. It doesn’t do well to be cold, tired, stalked, and late for school. He was so immersed in his thoughts of finally just it up and making up with Baekhyun by him off that he nearly doesn’t hear the man behind him calling his name. “Park Chanyeol!” The man calls, making him whirl around at the sound of his name. “Ah, so it is you.”

 

The taller scrunches his eyebrows in confusion and looks around suspiciously. “Uh, maybe? Why?”

 

“Yup, it’s you. Madam said you’d answer in such a way." The man pulled out a gun.

 

“Is that a ing gun?!” Chanyeol began back up slowly. Is this the universe's punishment for rejecting Baekhyun? He really ed up this time, didn’t he? Maybe the universe is sick and tired of his , being unable to find a match for him because he’s being difficult.

 

The man laughed. “Of course it is! Stand still so I can aim properly.” The guy in the suit smiled at him as he pulled the trigger. Chanyeol turned to run but he only found himself falling and the world going black as he’s caught in the arms of two other men. “Let’s bring him in.”

 

 


 

Baekhyun is the absolute worst in this cold shoulder thing. It’s not easy trying to ignore a giant among the school, except his brother, Kris. Kris is really easy to ignore. Distract him with a basketball or some other ball and the giant is gone. But Chanyeol, Chanyeol is not easy to ignore. “My life .” Baekhyun wails dramatically as he drapes himself over Suho’s desk. The Vice President flicked him on the forehead as he continued to complain. “He rejected me because I’m tubby, didn’t he? Maybe I should visit the gym more. Or is it because I annoyed him--that’s probably it. Well, he did tell me I was too touchy. Maybe he’s more of a viewer. Maybe he just likes to watch and gets off like that.”

 

“Maybe you came off too ual for him and scared him off.” Suho pointed out. “I’m still on your side though because I have to be.”

 

The bell rang, signalling for everyone to get in their assigned seat. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows when the teacher came in and Chanyeol still wasn’t there, which was odd because the giant was usually early but he guesses everyone has those days. It’s not 'til they were all sitting around in the Student Council room that Baekhyun cracked.

 

“Does anyone know what’s up with Chanyeol?”

 

“He rejected you.” Xiumin provided.

 

Baekhyun nodded and shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, aside from that. Where is he today?” Everyone looked around before looking back at Baekhyun shrug. “Is he sick?” The President directed his question at Luhan and Sehun, who shook their heads, not knowing. “Uh, I’m leaving early.” Baekhyun gathered his things. “I’m just going to go drop by and see Papa Park. Not Chanyeol! I’m seeing Papa Park and not Chanyeol, just making it clear!” The small male yelled as the Council room door, closed.

 

Kyungsoo directed his attention to his book once more. “He went to go check on Chanyeol.” He mumbled out. Everyone nodded in agreement.

 

 


 

The closer the car got to the Park’s home, the more Baekhyun fidgeted with his own fingers. What the hell is he going to say to Chanyeol if he’s the one who answers the door? “Oh, hey there Chanyeol. I’m here to see your father and not you but I see you’re not sick so I don’t have to see him anymore. Okay, bye.” Baekhyun facepalmed. Maybe he should just go back to school.

 

The driver cleared his throat, catching Baekhyun’s attention. “Sir, we’re here.”

 

Baekhyun looked up and looked around before laughing awkwardly. “Of course we are. This is where I wanted to go. I should probably get out, shouldn’t I?”

 

The driver eyed him awkwardly, not knowing how he wanted him to respond. “Maybe?”

 

“Okay, I’m going. Don’t be so pushy.” Baekhyun muttered, climbing out of the car and stepping outside into the cool winter weather. He quickly ran himself to the Park’s front door and rang the bell, patiently waiting for the door to never open. He let out a sigh of relief when Papa Park was to one to answer the door, the beautiful man’s golden hair, reaching little ways past his shoulders in curls. Baekhyun still believes he’s really a woman, despite what Chanyeol says. “Papa Park.”

 

“Baekhyun? Shouldn't you be in school?” The man furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes at the smaller. Baekhyun nodded in response.

 

“Yeah but I was worried. Is Chanyeol sick?” The President fidgeted in his spot. “He didn’t come to school and I just wanted to check if he’s alri--”

 

Papa Park’s eyes widened. “He didn’t come to school?”

 

Baekhyun looked up and nodded. “Yeah. Is he sick?”

 

“Get inside.” Papa Park grabbed Baekhyun by the arm and pulled him inside before shutting the door. Baekhyun watched the older man as he pulled out his phone and dialed. “Hey .” Papa Park greeted into the phone. “Baekhyun, dear, cover your ears.”

 

“No, no, I’m fine. I’ve heard worse.” The President blinked at Papa Park as he had a very heated and nearly hateful conversation with who sounded like a woman on the other line.

 

“Listen, here. Bring my baby back or I’ll come there and get him.” A pause. “Oh, fine. I will ing come and get him. By the way, I checked your facebook yesterday. You need to stop photoshopping your wrinkles away.” Papa Park hung the call up, not bothering to give the other time to respond. “Baekhyun, dear, do you mind giving me a ride over into the next city?”

 

“Uh.”Baekhyun looked down at his watch. “Does this concern Chanyeol and why he didn’t attend school?” Papa Park nodded. “Okay, then. Let’s go.”

 

A long ride over into the next city, Papa Park has the driver parking in the lot of Paragon, the largest hotel chain in Korea. This certain hotel, being their original and first. Chanyeol’s father exited the vehicle first, Baekhyun following after, hot on his trail. The beautiful man marched straight to the front desk and slammed his purse down on to the counter. “I demand to see my wife!”

 

The workers scrambled around, not knowing how to respond. “Um, ma’am, we can’t disclose guest info--”

 

Papa Park laughed. “That isn’t a guest. She owns this . Tell her that her husband's here.”

 

“Uh.”

 

“Now.” Papa Pak growled. The lobby workers still looked confused as they picked up a phone but stopped to bow at someone behind them. Baekhyun and Papa Park turned around at the same time to for certain, is Chanyeol’s mother. For sure this time, Baekhyun thinks.

 

“Wah, so hostile towards my precious workers.” The woman ran around the counter to hug the ladies Papa Park were just yelling at to caress their faces and pet them. “Now, what do you want?”

 

Papa Park raised an eyebrow at his wife. “Where’s our son?”

 

“Being cared for by his future wife. Remember Bo Young? Ah, such a fine lady. I would go for her if I was younger. Anyways, yeah, you can’t have him back.” She shrugged. “No, get out of here before I call for security to you out, darling.”

 

“Cold, saggy ed, .”

 

“Right back at you.” The lovely woman smirked. Papa Park gasped and cupped his fake s.  

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat, catching both the adults attention and breaking their insult battle. “Future wife?” Papa Park ran over to Baekhyun to hug him and cup his ears.

 

“Isn’t that one a little young for you, Young Ho? Oh.” She laughs, chuckling to herself. “Goes well with what your name sounds like in English. Young how--wait, wait that’s wrong. I should really practice more. Anyways--”

 

“He’s not mine, Hei Ryung. , just give me back our son.”

 

The woman scoffs. “Call in security. I need him to succeed this business, okay. You can’t have him back.” Before Baekhyun knew what was happening, he and Papa Park were being dragged outside into the cold by four very large security men. Any man will go down with a kick to the balls. He and Papa Park were on the same wavelength. Once the men were down, they ran back inside, rushing for the elevators.

 

“Our son likes and over !” Papa Park yelled out at his angry wife’s expression before the elevator door fully closed. “Don’t worry, Baekhyun. Chanyeol only has eyes for your .”

 

“Well, that’s good to know.” Baekhyun panted out, hands on his knees. Running isn’t his thing. You’d think they’d be in the clear after they’ve made the elevator but there’s like a ton of ing room in this hotel. It’s like the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas. Big hotel. “So, where do we go?” Baekhyun stands straight up and asks. And as soon as he does, the elevator stops and the lights glow red. Chanyeol’s mothers voice sound inside the lift.

 

“Listen, it was a good attempt but this isn’t a drama, ladies. Stay there for an hour or two. I’m going to finish up the merger and marriage contract between our merging partners then I’ll be back in an hour or two.” Then the lights go out completely and they’re stuck.

 

“No offense, Papa Park but you married a .” Baekhyun’s face is scowling in the dark. All he wanted was to check if Chanyeol is okay. He didn’t ask for all of this.

 

Papa Park sighed deeply in the darkness. “I know. The only good thing that came out of her was Chanyeol.”

 

“At least she makes a decent villain. She actually stopped us and we don’t have super powers.” Both men stop to check if they suddenly conjured powers. “Got anything?” The President asked. Papa Park sighed again, disappointed and answered a “no.” Baekhyun felt around him before leaning back against a wall and sliding down. “Since we’re going to be here for a while, wanna tell me stories about Chanyeol.”

 

“No.” Papa Park pulled his cellphone out. “We have things to do and we can’t stay here.” Baekhyun watched Papa Park’s illuminated face. “Suho, tell Kyungsoo Baekhyun’s injured and is stuck in one of the hotels in Paragon. Yeah, the next city over.”

 

Once Papa Park hung up, he gave the man an odd look unseen in the darkness. “I’m not injured.”

 

“I know. Just wait.”

 

About thirty minutes pass when Baekhyun is jostled into attention when the elevator began moving again, the lights coming to life. When it stopped on the tenth floor, Kyungsoo and the rest of the Student Council is there waiting for them. “Baekhyun!” The doe eyed boy hugged him tightly. “Who hurt you? I’ll set them on fire.” Kyungsoo’s eyes burn with something unknown.

 

“Kyung, no one hurt me. We were just stuck in the elevator.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“Oh.” Kyungsoo smiled, caressing his face. “Okay then. We’re good. Let’s get you home.”

 

The President pulled away from the Adviser’s grasp. “Um, not quite yet. I still need to see Chanyeol.”

 

Suho furrowed his eyebrows. “Um, he’s not here.” Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. “According to the tracker he’s in the third largest Paragon hotel.”

 

“Son of a .”

 

“Chill, Pops.” Chen rests a hand on Papa Park’s shoulder. “We can head down to the strip and take my family’s private jet.”

 

“Rich bastards.”

 

Everyone smiled brightly at him aside from Sehun and Luhan who responded with. “We ain’t as filthy rich as they are. We’re like moderately rich.”

 

“Whatever, let’s get my son.”

Baekhyun cracked his knuckles. “There’s going to be a fight if this Bo Young lays a finger on my Chanyeol. I'm the only one allowed to come on him. Not like come on him in a literal manner but like seduce him. But then again, it can go both ways."

"Baekhyun, shh." Suho put a hand over the President's mouth. "Let's roll out." The Vice President yelled and everyone piled in an orderly fashion into the elevators and walked out of the hotel in a civilized manner.

 

 


Author's Note

Hi. An update, I present you with.