Spaghetti & Meatballs

Dis·Interested

 

You’re probably expecting some kind of heartwarming reunion between a dog and its owner but that’s not exactly what happens. Sort of.

 

It wasn’t really that hard finding Baekhyun’s baby, Sugar. Definitely not, when the dog was sitting and waiting for them to get off at the bus stop. Baekhyun immediately dropped his bags and rushed towards the pup, who was sprinting for him as well. Chanyeol stood awkwardly near the bench where he was hauling Baekhyun’s bags onto, not wanting them settled on the ground, in the way of other people. He’s not entirely sure why he’s here but Baekhyun had told him to pack and so he had, which had him questioning things.

 

Such as, why is he following Baekhyun’s orders? I mean, Chanyeol knows they’re some sort of best friends that occasionally sleep together, cuddle and share quick kisses but aside from that, their social relationship was zip. Nothing. Does he even like Baekhyun? Baekhyun is likeable but to what extent? Enough for him to ually desire the smaller male, Chanyeol answers himself. He’s doing it again, he’s overthinking it and taking steps backwards instead of forwards. This is why no relationship he’s ever had has worked out. Chanyeol thinks and forgets too much and questions.

 

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun snapped, waving his thoughts away and raises Sugar to his face, to have the dog at him. “Sugar says she’s missed you. And the car is here. I don’t know why we took the bus, the car could’ve picked us up at the airpor--Chanyeol, are you listening?” The smaller male waved a hand in front of his face.

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at that. “Baekhyun, what are we?”

 

“What do you mean? Like, as in relationship wise or...?” The brunette tilted his head from side to side as he let the driver take care of their luggage and shoved at Chanyeol to step into the car.

 

The taller nods. “Yeah. As in relationship wise.”

 

“Well, aren’t we romantically involved?” Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at Chanyeol and smiles at him.

 

Chanyeol stays silent for a moment before speaking up. “Why?”

 

“Well, I like you and you like me--”

 

“Do I?”

 

Baekhyun’s breath stops at the question, eyes glazing over as he turned his attention from Sugar fully to Chanyeol. “What?”

 

Chanyeol shrugs, hands balled up into fists on his lap. “I think I’m just attracted to you ually, Baekhyun. In all honesty and it probably has something to do with the fact I haven’t been laid in a while. I’m not sure I actually lik--” Chanyeol stops speaking as soon as he glances over at Baekhyun and sees the President is crying. “Why are you crying?!” Slight panic awoke within Chanyeol. They were just talking, did he say anything mean?

 

“You just said you didn’t like me!” Baekhyun whined, shaking Sugar in his arm while hitting Chanyeol with his free one. “You piece of .” The smaller bit Chanyeol, who yelped out of surprise instead of pain.

 

“Calm down!” Chanyeol tried to push Baekhyun off of him but to no avail.

 

The President lets Sugar jump off to the front passenger seat before climbing to straddle Chanyeol and pull on his hair. “You jerk. I slept with you already!”

 

“You initiated it! And I wasn’t finished!” Chanyeol tried to roll them over in the cramped backseat and pin Baekhyun down. “I just wanted to be honest and tell you I don’t think we should be having anymore if I don’t feel--”

 

“You’ll feel pain in your if you don’t hurry and get to the point.” Baekhyun warned.

 

Chanyeol sighed before locking his gaze with Baekhyun. “I think we should date first.”

 

Baekhyun held his breath for a moment, thinking through the things he’ done with Chanyeol. Weren’t they already, basically dating? “I thought we already were.”

 

“Well, neither of us asked the other out.” The taller pointed out, glancing to the side quickly.

 

The President huffed out a breath, going over and over his memories and sadly, Chanyeol was correct. Neither of them has asked the other out nor have they talked about being official. He cleared his throat and mumbled out the question. “Well then, will you be my boyfriend?”

 

Chanyeol let him go and sat properly down in the seats, strapping his seatbelt on and helping Baekhyun sit up and strapping his own safety belt. “I think... we should wait 'til all of this blows over before trying to initiate any kind of relationship, Baekhyun.”

 

“No offense but that is dumb and I would know because I’m at the top of the class.” Baekhyun glares up at Chanyeol, who was now straightening out his shirt. “And I don’t think you understand the benefits of being my boyfriend, I would buy you meat whenever you want.”

 

“As tempting as that is, I can’t.” Chanyeol lays his head in his hands. “You don’t exactly make my heart race every time I see you like the books I’ve read says or the songs I’ve heard.” Chanyeol looks up at Baekhyun kind of pathetically. “Maybe you threw me off by kissing me too much or by touching me too much in general.”

The President stayed silent throughout the duration of the trip to Chanyeol’s house, kicking him out as soon as the car stopped. Chanyeol watched with wide eyes as Baekhyun ignored him, Sugar barking at him happily in contrast to her owner. “Uh, see you--” The car drove off before the taller could finish. “--later.”

 

 


 

When next Monday came, the students that flooded the University were all slightly tanned, all complains and whines but smiles painted their face as they recalled the enjoyable trip they had just taken. Well, all smiles except for those in the student council room.

 

Suho swept a quick glance around the room before doing so again then stopping right at Chanyeol, who didn’t seem to notice the deathly glare directed at him by both the Vice President and Advisor, Kyungsoo. “What the happened?” Kai leaned over to Chen. “I thought they did the do, why is Baekhyun not here sitting on his lap making out with him? Did he finally realize I have the most luscious lips out of all of u--” Kyungsoo elbowed the tan male, forcing him to fall out of his chair, clutching at his gut. “Kyungsoo, you .” Xiumin and Yixing snickered to themselves.

 

The Advisor finally let his irritation get to him and smacked a hand down at the table, catching everyone's attention, including Chanyeol’s. “So Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo started. “Do you happen to know where Baekhyun is?” Byun Baekhyun has not missed a day of school since the day he was ing born. It had to be the idiot giant’s fault.

 

Before Chanyeol could answer, Kris had come bursting into the room with Baekhyun in tow. Sugar too, on a leash. “This puppy overslept. This one on the leash didn’t though.” Kris walked over to Kyungsoo and deposited Baekhyun onto his lap. “He has been up all week muttering angrily to himself, even at the dinner table. What happened?” At the question, everyone directed their attention once more on Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol sighed deeply. “I just told him we should wait 'til we start dating.”

 

“You piece of . You got to tap the I’ve been wanting then you tell him some like that.” Kai narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol, peeking up from under the table. “You didn’t deserve his .”

 

“Hey!” Chanyeol glared back, a little offended.

 

“Punish him for his stupidity.” Yixing mumbled. Luhan and Sehun stood from their seat and frowned at him before taking away his plate of meat and chucking it out of the window. “Think about what you’ve done.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “I haven’t done anything wrong and to be honest, this is none of you guys’ business. This is between Baekhyun and I. I told him I want to wait. I want to do this correctly and if he isn’t mature enough to handle that then maybe we aren’t meant to work out in the first place.”

 

Suho nodded at Chanyeol’s words. “Okay. I understand where you’re coming from.”

 

“No you don’t. You’ve never been in a relationship.” Kyungsoo pointed out.

 

“Neither have you!” Suho fired back. “But what I mean is, I sort of get it and we should all leave them alone.”

 

“Which we probably won’t.” Xiumin lowered his head and mumbled, Chen quirking an eyebrow and nodding in agreement.

 

Baekhyun stayed asleep through the whole entire meeting. Missing out on the entire exchanges of words before everyone slowly left, one by one until he and Chanyeol were the only ones left in the room. The sun was setting behind the large floor to ceiling window, painting the room a fiery yet comforting orange.

 

Chanyeol watched, sitting next to Baekhyun as the smaller’s nose twitched cutely before his eyes slowly fluttered open, scanning his surroundings with a confused expression, only halting to stare at Chanyeol. The scowl on his face that appears a few seconds later disturbs Chanyeol a bit as he watches the President angrily make his way out of the room. It isn’t until Baekhyun is gone that Chanyeol stands to collect his things, eyebrows knitted together. Maybe he ed up again.

 


 

Papa Park laid on their couch lazily, dress bunching up his waxed thighs. “So what’d you do? I hear Baekhyun is pissed off at you.” His words come out muffled against the cushions.

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at his father. “Who are you hearing this from?”

 

“Sugar.” Papa Park answers plainly.

 

“Dad.” Chanyeol throws a spoon at his father’s head from the kitchen. “I’m serious.”

 

Papa Park lifted his head to scowl at Chanyeol, rubbing at where the spoon had connected with his head. "Luhan tells me things when we go shopping together.”

 

“You hang out with my friends without me?” Chanyeol gapes at his crossdressing father.

 

“Well, yeah. You’re lame. We don’t want to be seen with you.”

 

“Dad!”

 

“Anyways, what’s up with this Baekhyun thing? It was going well, what happened?” As much as Chanyeol didn’t want to, he explained to his father and once he finished, his old man threw a shoe at him. “You little . You slept with him like two? Three times? Then you have the balls to tell him that? Do you still have balls or did he rip it off?” Papa Park tried to unbuckle Chanyeol’s pants to check.

 

“I still have my balls!” Chanyeol swatted at his father’s hands. “Did I up?”

 

Papa Park raised an eyebrow. “You’re grown. You need to figure this out on your own but I’m just going to add in that you’re slightly insensitive at times and you need to think a little more before speaking. I actually like Baekhyun, unlike that last girlfriend of yours. She made you stop eating meat--she was vegetarian, wasn’t she?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, shuddering over the memory of how he had to stop eating meat for three months before he finally snapped and ate a pile of ribs his father had left in the oven. When his girlfriend came to visit him and found his hunched over the table, barbecue sauce evident on his face, she wasn’t too happy and dumped him. Chanyeol was happy though. He was very happy. “I think I should’ve worded it, uh, differently? But I still want to wait.”

 

“It’s your choice, son. I can’t hold your hand through this. And also because I'm divorced so I don't know if I'm much help.” Papa Park offered Chanyeol a bright smile. “But make sure to at least not it up to where Baekhyun stops hanging out with me too. He has great style tips.”

 

“You shop with Baekhyun too!?” Chanyeol whirls around on their couch and watches his father ascend the stairs, laughing.

 

“Of course!” Papa Park stopped in his tracks and turned back around to face Chanyeol. “Oh, and honey. I’d just like to tell you that you don’t have to conform with what everyone else wants. Do what you want.”

 

“I’m going to eat the leftover spaghetti and meatballs in the fridge while I go over my life choices.”

“Sounds good to me. I’m going to bed.” Papa Park waved off before disappearing in his room, leaving Chanyeol and his thoughts alone with a bowl of spaghetti.

 

 

 


Author's Note

Chanyeol is going through that phase where he's unsure of .

So like, it's the holidays and I have plans and stuff and family dropping by and so like, updates are unsure till like December and January are over. I start school on January 6 so watch out because tests will rain down on me.