Weird but Good

Dis·Interested

 

Baekhyun is eager to get to the Student Council as soon as he finished his music rehearsal, turned in his art presentation, filed a few student recommendations to the principal for student of the month and all else he had to do before he could head over to the said Council chamber.  The reason he's eager is because it was the only time of day he got to see Chanyeol. He's running a little late though and school's nearly over. The chime of the bell signals the day's end but Baekhyun makes it. Panting and a little out of breath but he's there.

 

Unfortunately, Chanyeol wasn't.  

 

"Uh." Baekhyun takes a careful look around the room before asking. "Where's Chanyeol?" Luhan quickly glances up at him before his eyes darted back down to his books.  

 

Sehun answers, unexpectedly, instead of Luhan. "Chanyeol's got a job. He's been asked to come in earlier since yesterday."

 

Suho shivers at the mention of yesterday. The way Kyungsoo dove for Chanyeol's throat was nothing but vicious. Chanyeol hadn't notice though and managed to dodge it as he stood up and answered his phone. Another attempt by Kyungsoo had been foiled by Lay, who had "accidentally" smacked Kyungsoo in the face with a book, effectively knocking him out. Chanyeol was all too oblivious of what had happened but according to Luhan, Chanyeol knew but he just had a high tolerance in ignoring stupid and danger.  

 

Somehow, a window ended up being broken, three chairs needed replacing and an unconscious Kyungsoo had to be taken home. Kai lost the rock, paper, scissors match and had jurisdiction over the Kyungsoo problem. For the rest of the year.  

 

"Where does he work?" Baekhyun asked, snapping Suho out of his reverie. Luhan and Sehun shrugged.

 

"We don't know. He wouldn't tell us."

 

Baekhyun only needed to look at Suho.

 

 


 

 

You could call Baekhyun a stalker or you could be flattered he was stalking you. Chanyeol was neither flattered or in the mood to call Baekhyun a stalker. But he knew everything was ridiculous as soon as he saw the said male over at the butler café next door to the one he was working at.   

 

"Hi Chanyeol!" Baekhyun called from the door of their competing café. Chanyeol wanted to smack himself. Baekhyun's presence in the short span of mere minutes just standing at the door had managed to attract hoards of customers, leaving their own café bare and desperate for customers.

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "Baekhyun what are you doing here?" Chanyeol walks closer to the small iron fence separating the café's. Baekhyun runs over closer to the fence as well, clinging to it unlike Chanyeol who refused to be so close to it.  

 

"Oh, well. I came looking for you since I found out you work around here." Still, Chanyeol didn't know whether he should be flattered or to call Baekhyun a stalker. "And so I wanted to drop by and pay you a visit. But the owner of this café saw me and fell to my feet and begged me to work here and well, I couldn't refuse since he begged so embarrassingly so I work here now." Chanyeol didn't want to believe what he was hearing. "I like your uniform." Baekhyun gestures to his outfit and smiles. Chanyeol looks down at his attire before uttering out a thank you.

 

"Chanyeol!" The café manager came out, looking for him. It completely skipped Chanyeol's mind he's been outside far too long, holding a conversation with a competing café's employee. Owner Jjong won't be too happy. "Chanyeol, there you are. I hate your height. I've been looking for you. It's pretty dead today so we're closing early. Damned White Tiger café stole all our custo- who's this?" Jjong finally picked up on Baekhyun's presence.  

 

Chanyeol grimaced. "This is Baekhyun. Uh, he works-"

 

"He works for our ing competitors!" Jjong grabs a hold of Chanyeol and tugs him away. "Never speak to the competitors. Never!" Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and clings onto the fence tighter, looking like he's about to jump it. Chanyeol didn't care, he let himself be dragged away.  

 

"Wait, wait, wait!" Baekhyun screamed. "Why can't I talk to him?!" He screeched loudly.

 

Jjong turned around dramatically and whispered. "Because you work for evil."

 

"I can't ing hear you!" Baekhyun yelled and shook the fence. Key, the café owner he works for, appeared out of nowhere.  

 

The hands on his shoulders were not calming at all. "He probably said you work for evil." Baekhyun didn't really want to deal with owners feud. All he wanted was to see Chanyeol without any troubles he didn't mean to sign up for all this stuff. Jjong and Key watched him questioningly as he ran around the fence and grabbed a hold of Chanyeol's hand, snatching the giant away from his boss.  

 

"We're taking off early. Bye." Baekhyun tried to pull on Chanyeol but to no avail. "Giant, move."

 

"Can't." Chanyeol responded. "Still in uniform. You're still in uniform we can't- hey, hey!" Chanyeol's hands flew up to stop Baekhyun from stripping any further, buttoning his shirt back up. "What're you doing?" The giant growled. "Fine, fine, I'll go with you but don't strip in front of people, go back in and get changed. I will as well."  

 

It happens again. Baekhyun pulls him down by the collar and tiptoes to peck him on the lips. Chanyeol's body responds this time, stiffening on contact. And as soon as it came, it was over and Baekhyun was bounding back into his own work place, trying to get changed as fast as possible. Chanyeol finally caught up with reality and bowed to Jjong. "I'll be taking off early today. I have to deal with my senior." Jjong didn't say anything so Chanyeol just took it as a yes and went ahead and changed inside. By the time he came out, Baekhyun was already outside waiting, eyes lighting up as soon as he saw him. It was weird. Baekhyun was weird. Chanyeol should probably take extra careful measures around him but he doesn't really mind what people would call unwanted ual advances, even though a lot of people would probably kill for ual advances from Baekhyun for all Chanyeol has taken in.  

 

"Have you eaten?" Baekhyun asks as he grabs Chanyeol's hand, twining their fingers. Chanyeol grows rigid at the action before collecting himself and shaking his head no. "Well there's this place I've been wanting to go to for a while but haven't had anyone to go with, do you want to try it out?" Chanyeol really didn't care so he just nodded and the smile he receives from Baekhyun was so bright, he swears the sparkles he saw were not just in his imagination.  

 

 


 

 

"." Chanyeol muttered out as he searched for his things in the classroom. He swears everything was here right before he left. "Have I been to the council room today?" He asks himself before deciding to go and check. With his long legs, it doesn't take him long to arrive at the Council room. Upon opening the door, he wasn't ready to see Baekhyun cutely eating a cheesecake, like the usual. Has he always been that cute? Maybe so. But he didn't need to worry about that now. He had his stuff to find. "Did I leave anything in here?"

 

Everyone could mentally hear Baekhyun's head snap up at the sound of Chanyeol's voice. Said male was up on his feet, hovering around Chanyeol, leaving his tasty dessert forgotten. "Do you need help looking for it? Suho!" Baekhyun snapped.

 

"No, no. That's okay." Chanyeol told the small male. Still not knowing why Baekhyun was so willing to help him with everything. Bless him really, Baekhyun was so nice. "Thanks, anyway. I'm sure I'll find it."  

 

When Chanyeol left the room, Baekhyun whipped around to Kyungsoo and Suho. "I want Chanyeol's stuff found." Baekhyun announced, watching Kyungsoo and Suho already on the phone. Everyone in the school were slightly panicked by the sudden presence of guards littering the place.

 

"They've found it in a pool." Suho delivers the news and Kyungsoo confirms.

 

"Yup, school identification card confirms it's Park Chanyeol's." The Council Adviser assures.  

 

Baekhyun frowns. "Whoever has done this must be fou-"

 

"They have. Freshman girl. Kim Chae." Suho lets them know. She's in your fan club. Really good record but-" Suho looks up to explain further information but. "Where'd he go?"

 

It really wasn't hard for Baekhyun to find Kim Chae's classroom. As President, he's been in charge of guiding students and showing them around. He's had to be public. He had to know everyone. It was his job and it came in handy, specially for occasions such as this.  

 

 


 

 

"Did you find your stuff?" Baekhyun pipes up, feeling the silence in the room has gone on for long enough. Chanyeol looks up from the meat he was eating briefly and gives his a reassuring nod. Suho had his private family military blow dry all of Chanyeol's things before delivering it to his classroom, without said male's knowledge. Baekhyun smiled his usual dazzling smile. "Good."

 

"What happened to Kim Chae?" Chen asked Kyungsoo once Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol out with him to head to their job. When did Baekhyun get a job? He doesn't need one, anyways. Kyungsoo pursed his lips before answering.

 

It took a while for him to answer. "By the time we got there, Baekhyun was done telling her whatever he had to say. She was crying. We thought he had said a lot of rude things but after asking around, all he had said was that he didn't like rude, sorry people. Chae ended up transferring out of school, feeling humiliated and heartbroken. Suho didn't care much. Her family wasn't very high in the social ladder."

 

"You guys want to drop by their work place?" Yixing piped up. "I'm hungry and I'm curious." Xiumin nodded.

 

"But they didn't tell us where they wor-"  

 

"Kyungsoo has a tracking device planted in Baekhyun's bag." Suho pointed out. Kyungsoo screeched out that Suho had a tracking device planted on Baekhyun as well. Everyone looked at the pair. Suho, the father, Kyungsoo the mother. Both very protective of Baekhyun, in very different ways.  

 

Yixing waved a hand. "I really don't care who has the tracking device on. Let's see Baekhyun at his job." At that, both Suho and Kyungsoo pulled out their devices and pulled up the tracker they had on Baekhyun.

 

 


 

 

So basically, Baekhyun's job was just to stand at the door of the shop he worked for and look pretty. It worked well just a Key planned. Baekhyun hoarded customers with his natural charm, while the neighboring shop suffered. When it came around break time, the shop was so busy, Baekhyun actually had to help serve a few lucky tables.  

 

Jonghyun snapped a tray in half as he watched his ex-boyfriend's shop make profit from inside his own. "Look at him. Thinks he's so smart and beautiful and y."

 

"What does that have to do-"

 

"Pert , taunting me." Jonghyun went on.

 

"I don't think that’s what he's-"

 

Chanyeol was cut off again. "It's that little midget's fault. He's the cause of all of those customers. How do I get him on this side. I should offer him a job over here."

 

"Are you trying to steal employees-"

 

Jonghyun  handed Chanyeol the broken tray and marched out of the front door. "Are you ing kidding me?!" Chanyeol's manager screeched just outside. Chanyeol tossed the tray aside and ran out to see what the problem was.

 

"Manager Jong- oh."

 

"Is that little midget just an attractive magnet or some like that?! Oh my god, I swear!" Jonghyun was throwing a tantrum. Chanyeol could understand though. It wasn't exactly normal to see a cluster of attractive males hanging out together. How many are there? Luhan, Sehun, Kai, Suho, Kyungsoo, Lay, Chen, Xiumin, that guy is really tall and maybe taller than Chanyeol and he's hugging onto Baekhyun- what is he doing? Without much thought, Chanyeol walked around to the other shop to greet his friends. Well, um, acquaintances.  

 

Chanyeol really wasn't planning on greeting them. Something was just weird with him by the way this other male was holding Baekhyun. It didn't seem right. "Hey, gu-"

 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shouted happily and yanked himself out of his older brother's grip to hug Chanyeol before yanking him down to peck him on the lips. Chanyeol was strangely growing used to it. Maybe it was just how Baekhyun greeted people. Kai approached Baekhyun with puckered lips. Yeah, maybe it is the way Baekhyun greeted people. Kai received a slap to the face by Kyungsoo. Or maybe not. "Chanyeol, I missed you."

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows down at the shorter male clinging to him. "But I'm just next door."  

 

"I want to work with you. It's boring here." Baekhyun whined. Jonghyun's hearing may be a powerful thing. As soon as the words left Baekhyun's pretty mouth, he was next to them.

 

 

Smiling and all, Jonghyun offered Baekhyun a job. So close to accepting, Key appeared out of nowhere and snatched Baekhyun. "What the hell do you think you're doing trying to snatch away employees."  

 

"I'm short on staff!"  Jonghyun yelled back.

 

Key wasn't dealing with that. "Go hire a hobo!" The bickering took a while. The shops managed to function without the managers' assistance or guidance. Kyungsoo could only take so much before he was pushing on both the elders necks, putting them to sleep.   

 

Suho just shook his head and massaged his temples. "It's like working for three year olds here." Baekhyun shrugged at the comment, clinging back onto Chanyeol.  

 

"They're not bad." Chanyeol nodded in agreement. "But what do we do about them? We can't just leave them here." Baekhyun pointed out and nudged Jonghyun on the ground with his foot. Chanyeol did the same with Key.  

 

Suho sighed before pulling out his phone. "I'll get someone. Don't worry about it. All of you go ahead and head on home. I'll handle the rest."  

 

"You'll close down the shops by yourself?" Luhan and Sehun asked in unison.

 

Suho shook his head. "Of course not. I'll have help. Just go on."

 

"I'll stay with Suho." Chen piped up. "You guys go ahead." With that, everyone said their goodbyes, including to Key and Jonghyun who were passed out on the ground.

 

Chanyeol quickly got changed and it seemed it was going to become a regular thing to have Baekhyun waiting for him to head home together. "Don't you have a family car or something?" Took a quick glance at the shorter male that was playing with his own elegant hands. Baekhyun nodded and hummed in response. "Why are you walking home then?" Baekhyun laughed at the question.

 

"Oh, I don't live this way at all. I live way down the opposite direction." He smiled brightly up at Chanyeol who stopped walking.

 

"Then why are you-" Baekhyun whirled around and smiled at him rendering Chanyeol unable to finish his question.  

 

Baekhyun reached for his hand and laced their fingers together before tugging him along to continue walking. It was a while before Baekhyun said anything. "Because I like walking with you. It's nice, isn't it?"

 

Chanyeol thought about it for a second. It was a lot more peaceful when he was walking home by himself. There wasn't Baekhyun's constant chatter and he didn't have to worry about having to defend the smaller one in case some stranger decides to jump them. But Baekhyun was right, this was a lot nicer than walking home alone. Chanyeol gave Baekhyun's hand a little squeeze as his answer and they continued to share the comfortable silence till they reached Chanyeol's home.

 

"Goodnight, Chanyeol." Baekhyun smiled up at him before letting go of his hand. Chanyeol was expecting a kiss but there doesn't seem to be one for when they walk home together. So just watches Baekhyun walk back out to the street and wait awkwardly for the family car Chanyeol mentioned earlier before heading inside his home with the thought that Baekhyun is weird. But the good kind.

 

 

 


 

Author's Note

God, Chanyeol. You're such a cold bastard. Feel something already. Smile for the love of good. Smile or something! /Flings self off a cliff/