More Like

Dis·Interested

 

 

New semester means new beginnings. New classes, all sorts of new . Chanyeol doesn’t like the beginning of this semester. First of all, when he woke to take his shower, all the hot water had run out. He blamed Hanyeol, and he was correct. The younger twin was nowhere to be found and had the decency to leave him a note.

 

 

The older twin ripped the note up before huffing out of annoyance and quickly preparing for the rest of the no doubt, long day ahead of him. At least Baekhyun will be there though. Chanyeol smiled at the thought. Well, as long as the President was there, it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe he can make up with Baekhyun before--the toothpaste in Chanyeol’s hand popped--exploded--open upon being squeezed too tightly. Before Hanyeol and Baekhyun go on that date the  younger keeps persisting on. The giant brushed his teeth aggressively this fine morning.

 

. . .

 

Chanyeol felt irritation crawl around within him as he stomped to school, each step ringing with his distaste for his younger twin. Dinner was all Baekhyun this, Baekhyun that, Baekhyun, Baekhyun--not that Chanyeol would ever get tired of hearing about Baekhyun but the President’s name looked wrong coming out of Hanyeol’s mouth. Just, no. Hanyeol needed to be stopped. In addition, Hanyeol was straight. What’s with the sudden change of heart? Just because Bo Young dumped him? Does Hanyeol think he can play around with Baekhyun’s feelings?!

 

Chanyeol was far too preoccupied, seething over the thought of Hanyeol using Baekhyun a play toy that he hadn’t seen the lamp approaching him, apologizing to the inanimate object before continuing to mumble to himself of possible ways to rid the world of his brother for the greater good or more importantly, to get Hanyeol away from Baekhyun as far as possible. And so, Chanyeol came to the conclusion there’s nothing else he can do. . . but kill Hanyeol before Saturday, when his supposed “date” with Baekhyun is. Chanyeol felt sick at the thought of the President and his younger twin, going on an outing and being lovey dovey. Never in a ing billion years. This whole situation was nothing but irritating for Chanyeol. Purely irritating because of...

 

 


 

“Haneyol, stop following me.” Baekhyun sighed, plopping down into an empty seat. So Baekhyun ended up ditching Hanyeol several times, with hope to shake the other off but it barely had any effect on Chanyeol’s younger twin. If possible, Hanyeol became more persistent. The annoying male was highly resilient. “Hanyeol--”

 

“Say my name again, you say it in a way that turns me on--” Baekhyun smacked the taller with the book in his hand. hardback cover version of Howl’s Moving Castle, original book art, might he add.

 

Chanyeol sat in the far back of the class, ready to rise from his seat and march his way over to Baekhyun’s rescue and strangle the demon out of his twin brother, when Mr. Seonsaeng twirled  into, he probably scored a date this weekend, that’s why he was so happy. Every other day, the teacher was hell but it seems this new semester was starting off well for everyone but Chanyeol.

 

“New seating arrangements for the new semester and for my good fortune.” Mr. Seonsaeng fiddled with the coupled flower in his vase. “Draw numbers from this hat and find the correct seat. Ah, isn’t life lovely? She’s so hot too.” Everyone ignored Mr. Seonsaeng and drew a piece of paper with the number dictating where their assigned seat would be, before finding said seats.

 

The chair drawing was completely random but Chanyeol felt like the universe was testing him, placing him in the far back while Hanyeol found his seat next to Baekhyun. And when Chanyeol says next to Baekhyun, he really meant next to the President. Why the hell did this school have double wide desks?! Why not single like his relationship status?!

 

Chanyeol drew in a deep breath before letting it out in an angry huff when he finds Hanyeol all over Baekhyun, an arm around the smaller’s shoulders and to his annoyance, the President wasn’t pushing Hanyeol away. Something in Chanyeol sunk and that one stupid internet quote kept replaying in his head till he felt like setting his desk on fire. “He’ll chase you around for a while, but there is gonna be a day when he is going to stop and get over you. At that moment, you’re gonna wish you let him catch you.” Chanyeol forcefully swallowed the thick lump on his throat before slamming his fist down onto the table, catching everyone’s attention. Baekhyun looked at him with concern and he just stared back, about to scold him when he spies Hanyeol sticking his tongue out at him. Chanyeol flips his twin the bird but Baekhyun mistook it being for him and frowned at the giant accross the room. The President flipped Chanyeol off, except the giant didn’t notice Baekhyun that middle finger before throwing it at him.

 

 


 

Chanyeol continued to stare daggers at Hanyeol through the entire class, while the younger twin tried feeling up Baekhyun on several occasions and to Chanyeol’s relief, the President was evading the advances with a certain elegance, finding a note interesting enough to lean in further for a closer look just as Hanyeol was about to kiss him. Baekhyun would also find the right moments to ask a classmate a question, expertly elbowing Hanyeol in the jaw. Chanyeol from across the class found it all very amusing.

 

The amusement doesn’t last long when Hanyeol finally catches up and wraps an arm around Baekhyun’s waist while whining about not knowing how to do the work. The younger twin leaned in a little too close to the President while the smaller was explaining how to do the work. Chanyeol didn’t like that at all and asked the girl next to him nicely if he could borrow her rubberband. She dazedly agreed and hand it to him. The giant aimed precisely, closing one eye, keeping the other trained on his brother as he loaded a pencil before letting it fly and successfully smack Hanyeol off his seat. Chanyeol pretended to have been working the whole time while Hanyeol scanned the room, anger written all over his handsome face.

 

By the end of the lecture, Chanyeol’s left eye had long been twitching, unable to withstand watching Hanyeol be so touchy with Baekhyun. It was so clear but so not for Chanyeol that he was obviously jealous. His mind reasoned, saying it was just concern over Baekhyun losing his place at the top of the school ranks. He sure pulled that one out of his . And when the bell finally rang, Chanyeol jumped out of his seat so fast, practically knocking the girl sitting next to him down as he raced for Baekhyun’s hand to drag the President to the Student Council room.

 

Chanyeol honestly doesn’t know what in hell he’s doing. Only ual feelings for Baekhyun was what his head screamed is what he had for the smaller but there was definitely something else. They were so early for class. This school is absolutely ridiculously humongous that most students needed at least thirty minutes to get to their classes. Yeah, ing ridiculous. There was silence as Chanyeol and Baekhyun stared into each other’s eyes, the President’s chocolatey gaze, glossed with mischief and excitement. Baekhyun was about to say something when Chanyeol pressed a finger against his lips, silencing him. Chanyeol listened as Hanyeol continued to call out for Baekhyun before deciding he would have to get rid of his younger twin himself. “Stay here. I’ll be back,” he told Baekhyun.

 

“But--”

 

Chanyeol smiled at the President. “I’ll be back.” Baekhyun pouted but nodded.

 

 


 

Ten minutes had passed and Chanyeol still showed no sign of coming back. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and thought of Chanyeol ditching him. Chanyeol wouldn’t do that, would he? The brunette blew his fringe out of his face, huffing out of annoyance. He decided if Chanyeol wasn’t coming back, then he’ll just hunt the giant down. As he threw the door open to step out and commence his search, the President ran straight into the chest of who he was about to look for.

 

“Chanyeol, where have you been? You told me to wait and you were taking too lon--” Chanyeol merely smiled down at Baekhyun before cutting the smaller off, sealing their lips in a kiss. It was just a peck but it made the President’s heart race nonetheless. But the second kiss was nothing like the first, full of lust and an edge Baekhyun caught on to. When they parted, breath fanning each other’s face, the brunette smiled up at the taller. “You’re not Chanyeol, are you?” The smaller asked, not bothering to pull away from the giant’s hold around his waist.

 

The taller looked at him for a moment before chuckling. “What gave it away?”

 

Baekhyun smiled more to himself, before biting his own lower lip. “Chanyeol’s a better kisser.” He hesitated for a moment before adding in, “And the feeling was different.” They stayed just looking at each other for a long while, till the silence grew awkward and Baekhyun found he needed to say something. “Look, Hanyeol. I’m flattered and all but. . .”

 

“I’m not Chanyeol.” Hanyeol finished Baekhyun’s sentence for him.

 

The President nodded. “Yeah.”

 

Hanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face gently with one hand, leaning in once again. His lips are barely a hair away from the brunette’s when he whispers. “Then pretend.” Before closing the distance and claiming Baekhyun’s lips once more.

 

 



 

Chanyeol rolled around the floor for a while before finally getting the bandana off his mouth. The taller male growled, intent of murder evident on his uber pissed face while he used his teeth to unknot the rope tied around his wrist. He’s going to use this same ing rope to choke the hell out of Hanyeol. Chanyeol never saw his brother coming out of nowhere and snatching him into the janitors closet. He was so surprised, he hadn’t caught up with what was happening until the younger twin had him tied up, eyeing him. “Brother, as hot as you look right now, I need to go. Baekhyun is waiting for me.” When Chanyeol finally got the rope untied, he made a dash for the door which was of course, ing locked.

 

 


 

It wouldn’t hurt to pretend for a while that Chanyeol wants him.

 

 


 

Chanyeol was finally able to knock the closet door door down, whilst shouting angry curses at Hanyeol. When he gets his hands on him, he’s going to tear his off. He marched angrily back towards the Student Council room, muttering to himself all the ways he could potentially end his younger twin’s existence by. Chanyeol nearly had the perfect plan but when he rounded the corner, he felt his heart drop and stood frozen in place. He couldn’t look away, continuing to watch the spectacle going on just little ways down the hall. The tall male slowly backed himself around the corner before pressing his back against the adjacent wall. Chanyeol leaned his head back, eyes closed as his chest flooded with disappointment? Hurt? Betrayal? Anger? But what right did he have when he was the one to reject Baekhyun.

 

He’ll chase you around for a while, but there is gonna be a day when he is going to stop and get over you. At that moment, you’re gonna wish you let him catch you.”

 

Chanyeol cursed the quote and himself to hell and back as he ran home.

 

 


 

It’s only pretend. Let it last just a little while longer. Baekhyun told himself as he wrapped his arms around Hanyeol’s neck, pulling the taller down to deepen the kiss.

 

With his eyes closed, it was easy to picture Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Author's Note

 

Scool started :'>

Don't expect me to update quickly with school hanging over my head.

Please, bear with me.

 

What the hell is happening in this story, oh god.