Introductions & Names

Dis·Interested

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, simply put was, er, how to describe Baekhyun. . . uh, we'll get back to it later.  

 

. . . 

 

Park Chanyeol was a lot more simple to explain. Well, he simply didn't care much for things. Prefers reading, rather than listening to your opinion about how much you hate Byun Baekhyun for having everything. Because Chanyeol has no idea who Byun Baekhyun is so you're wasting your breath.  

 

The giant rolls his eyes at Luhan and Sehun, who kept going on about Baekhyun's skills. Art, piano, blah, blah, Chanyeol began to tune them out. It's his first day in this prestigious school of Exo Academy and he doesn't need any distractions from his studies or else he'll lose his scholarship. 

 

 


 

 

Baekhyun, as perfect as his outside character may be, simply had a short fuse. Completely impatient. He understands Chanyeol is new to his domain but he was so sure the tall giant would have come up to him by now to greet him. It just doesn't sit right with him that this whole day, everytime he tried to speak to Chanyeol, he was basically ignored.  

 

Baekhyun took hold of Suho by the shouders and shook him for the nth time that day, out of frustration. 

 

"Why won't he notice me?!" Baekhyun nearly yelled in the hallway, catching the attention of a few passerbyers"I'm basically senpai of this entire school! I deserve his attention! Park Chanyeol has to at least know of me. I'm cute! I'm nice! I'm slightly pudgy but that's part of my charm!" Baekhyun let out, exasperated.

 

Suho stayed quiet till Baekhyun finished. "It's not your fault. Park Chanyeol simply doesn't care."  

 

Suho was a cold of a best friend. He adjusted his glasses before ushering Baekhyun into the Student Council room.  

 

The room was set up, where you would think real company CEO's held their meetings. With a twist of royalty with the way it was as if the members were having a tea party instead of discussing this school year's events and budget. 

 

Suho, the Vice President, handled all the talking while Baekhyun, the Student Council President, calmly listened and ate his finger sandwiches. Everyone basically knew that Baekhyun was just Suho's mascot. Because Suho wasn't as popular as Baekhyun, he had passive aggressively forced- convinced he says- Baekhyun to run and it was unanimous. Baekhyun dominated. He was useful though, great for ideas. The shorter male always had plenty of those. 

 

"It's never too early to start planning the school festival, so to end this meeting, I will say always jot down your ideas. The only stupid idea is an unmentioned one." Suho slams his pointer onto the table, right in between his tea cup and plate of cheesecake before adjusting his glasses. It basically screamed "glasses anime character" at the whole Student Council Staff. "Dismissed." 

 

Baekhyun immediately lights up as soon as the meeting was over. But deflates when he realizes he and Suho have to head down to the school's Station to film their welcome speech for all the students. Suho notices the visible aura of "nope" floating around Baekhyun and decides to chide in that Chanyeol has to watch the speech.  

 

The brunette's mood changed as quickly as it came. Basically making Suho run down with him to the Station. 

 


 

In Baekhyun's defense, he's only messing up so much because of the thought Chanyeol will be watching this. But after the seventy-fourth go, he finally gets it down. Sehun and Luhan, who were manning the camera let out sighs of relief and groans of "finally." But Baekhyun feels no embarrassment. He did nearly scream though but managed to suppress it, when Chanyeol came into the Station, as soon as he finished his speech.  

 

It was obvious he was staring. Very obvious.  The world was dead to him. So dead, Suho had to knock him off the sofa they were sitting on to get his attention. "Baekhyun, your composure." Suho harshly whispered. 

 

"Suho, this has gone on long enough. Im going to march over there and-" 

 

"Hello!" Kim Taeyeon, the head director of the Station greeted him brightly before helping him up. "I just thought I'd introduce the staff to the President and Vice President of our school." 

 

"Of course." Suho interjected, knowing Baekhyun wasn't to be trusted to speak at the moment. "It would only be right. Hello everyone, my name is Kim Suho. Your Vice President. Byun Baekhyun here," Suho gestures down at Baekhyun, who hasn't bothered to get off the carpeted floor. "Is your President." It was obvious Baekhyun was attractive by the way both the guys and girls of the staff were staring at him. Everyone but one and it irked Baekhyun 

 

"Chanyeol." Luhan called, quickly earning the giant's attention. Oh how Baekhyun envied Luhan in that moment. "Meet the Student Council President, Byun Baekhyun." 

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun for a minute as an almost visible blush crept unto Baekhyun's cheeks. But the smaller male kept the eye contact till Chanyeol spoke.

 

"So short." Baekhyun fell dramatically into Suho's arms. "I have work to do." Chanyeol dismissed himself. Sehun and Luhan snickered at Baekhyun. That was the only thing Byun Baekhyun lacked in the most, height. And patience but mostly height which Chanyeol had more than enough of.     

 

Suho chuckled. "I like them. Im going to recruit them into the Student Council he said calmly as he tossed Baekhyun over onto the sofa after piiicking him up off the floor. Baekhyun immediately lit up at the thought of Chanyeol being in the council.  But deflated as soon as it looked like Chanyeol turned Suho down. 

 

"But Chanyeol, they serve meat during the meetings." Luhan provided.

 

Everyone watched as Chanyeol's eyes grew with innocence as he asked. "Meat?" Baekhyun was up on his feet, naming all the kinds of ways they serve meat and what kind of meat and side dishes before anyone could even utter another word. When he was through, Chanyeol shrugged seeming casual but not. "I guess I could join." 

 

Suho beamed bright enough that the girl delivering mail to the clubs tripped and spilled all the letters she was holding. "Great! You attend your first meeting tomorrow. Good day to all of you." Suho bowed to them. "Baekhyun, come." He called for the dazed male, who bowed to everyone before following out after Suho. 

 

"Wasn't he cute?" Luhan leaned down and tilted his head to the side to get a good look at Chanyeol's face while the giant was sitting down, busy editing the video they just shot. 

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "Who?"  

 

Sehun answered for Luhan. "Byun Baekhyun." Sehun slung an arm around Luhan's shoulders before they both leaned in to get a closer look at Chanyeol. 

 

Chanyeol was quiet for a moment, focused on editing before answering. "Wouldn't know, never met him."   

 

"Chanyeol, you just met him!" Luhan and Sehun shouted in unison. "He's the President of the school that just talked about meat for ten minutes!"  

 

Chanyeol nodded. "Oh, I see. Sorry, im bad with names. I'll try to remember him." 

 

"You honestly cannot forget his name. It's everywhere and everyone knows him." 

 

"Byunhyun?" Chanyeol turned to them and asked. 

 

Sehun facepalmed while Luhan corrected Chanyeol. "No, it's Byun Baekhyun." 

 

"Byun. . . Baek." Chanyeol said to himself. "Byunhyun." He tried again. "Baek." Chanyeol gave up. "I can remember that. Sounds like cake." 

 

 


 

 

Suho turns to Baekhyun when the other male nearly runs into one of the school's pillar. "Baekhyun." 

 

Baekhyun smiled at Suho, who felt like the sun just targeted him. "Park Chanyeol knows my name. He knows senpai's name. It's only a matter of time before he's confessing to me." 

 

 


 

Author's Note

Just like the title says this is just introductions bleck.