Chapter 5

The Delusional Writer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Youngbae and Dara exchanged guilty looks as they were sitting around the round table, both having their hands on it as they were looking down. Bom circled them both, arms crossed, eyes glaring at the two of them. She sighed as she put her hands on the top of the chair.

 

"So is anyone going to tell me why i first heard about this from the boy's mom, and not any of you?"

"Look, it was my fault" Youngbae looked up at her. "I'm sorry, i just thought it would be better not to tell you".

"Better?" She lifted up her brand new white dress, showing it to the two of them again. It used to be a really nice dress, if it wasn't for the unremovable, huge red stain in the middle of the dress. "You should have told me first!"

"How should i have known that the mom worked with you?" He mumbled as his eyes moved down to the table again.

She sighed as she put the dress on the chair, looking down as well. "It's not that i'm angry about, i'm disappointed. I thought we all agreed not to keep lies from each other? If something happens to Dara at school, i want to be involved as well. I'm a part of your family too, aren't it?"

Youngbae looked up. "Of course you are, honey, bu-"

"But what? I know i'm not so cool and calm like you are when it comes to issues like this, but it's not like i exactly flip out either. I don't want to be left out and lied too when something bad happens to Dara. She is my sister as much as she is yours, so why are you shutting me out?"

Youngbae sighed. "We're not shutting you out, it was just something i could fix by myself, therefore i didn't see the point of bringing in a third person to this".

She crossed her arms and glared at him. "You had no problem telling BB" BB was the name of the boxing club where Youngbae worked, short for BIGBANG. "You can bring in the guys, but not me?"

Youngbae sighed, realizing he's only digging himself deeper down into trouble. "Okay, you have a good point. But Dara asked if we had to tell you. She is clearly embarrassed about this situation and she regrets it a lot. She didn't want you to think badly of her, so she asked me not to tell you anything. Knowing how she feels, i agreed, because i remember how it was like myself. I was exactly like that in school too. I disappointed my parents a lot, and that was painful when they only shook their heads, saying things like 'well, it's not like we didn't see it coming'. I don't want Dara to go through the same thing, having you look at her that way and say those things. That's why i didn't tell you".

Bom's anger immediately vanished away and she moved her eyes to Dara. "Oh, honey" She walked over to her and wrapped her arms around her from behind, smiling. "I would never say that, and no matter what is bothering you, you can always count on me. If you have something troubling you, i'm always here".

Dara looked up at her and smiled. "I know. Thanks, Bom".

"No need to thank me" She stood up and smiled. "Just remember, sometimes it's eas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter