Chapter 12

The Delusional Writer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Being Ken's friend turned out to be more complicated than Dara thought it would be. Girls giving her different glares, whispering bad words about her, but always making sure she heard them, shoving her into the walls whenever they passed her. Not to mention the guys who was making different gestures at her that would have made Youngbae rip their heads off if he knew they were doing that in front of her.

 

And it was even worse at the football field. Ken had invited her to come to watch him play, but then he had unexpectedly grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the field, letting her play as well. She wasn't bad at football, she had always played with BB when she was younger, but it was different playing with these teenage boys, and Dara didn't feel safe at all around them.

 

"Little Dara" One of the boys put his hand on her shoulder and smiled down at her. "When are you going to put our Ken out of his misery and go out with him, hm?"

"G-go out with him?" Dara looked up at the boy, startled by his sudden touch. She glanced over at Ken who just smiled at her, shrugging his shoulders. "H-he's my friend".

The boy threw his head back and laughed. "Oh, you naive, little creature" The boy leaned down to her height and gave her a smile you would usually see adults give a toddler. "You're pretty inexperienced, aren't you? Boys and girls CAN'T be just friends, and my boy here, he's longing to be your first" The boy put his hands on both her shoulders while giving her a massage, gently whispering against her neck. "Your first kiss... your first touch... your firs-"

"Enough!" Dara shoved her elbow into his chest, like BB had taught her to do, and stepped away from him. He held onto his chest as he sunk down to the ground, gasping for air. 

 

And before they could do anything else to her, she ran away as fast as she possibly could. She rounded the corner and was just about to run out of the school gate when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind. She gasped as she felt the familiar scent, and his lips against her neck. His arms wrapped tightly around her as he continued to rock her back and forth. Her arms slowly went up to his and she put her hands on top of his wrists, quietly sobbing. 

 

"J-jiyong..."

He grabbed her hand and slowly turned her around, putting both his hands on her face. "Dara..." He wiped the tear that escaped her eye, using his thumb. He glanced down at his thumb as he rubbed his index finger and thumb together, a small smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter