Chapter 2

The Delusional Writer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So did you learn anything special at school today?" Youngbae asked Dara as he took a giant bite of his pizza, before putting what was left of it, which wasn't much, down on the plate as he took a sip of the glass filled with water. "Like how to avoid attacks? Or how to use a knife? Or how to hit a guy without breaking any bones on yourself?" 

Bom rolled her eyes and slapped his upper arm. "Youngbae! She's in school, not the army!"

"So? Protection is something they should teach in schools. I bet if they did, there wouldn't be so many girls getting attacked. You can't stop a guy from attacking you by telling him what 2+2 is. It might confuse him, but it definitely won't stop him from sticking to his orignial plan. However, if the girl knew how to fight, and actually seems like a threat, he would run away and there would be one less victim".

Dara smiled at him. "I don't need to learn those things in school, i have a perfectly good teacher right here".

Youngbae grinned at her and they bumped a fist as he ate the rest of his pizza. "Damn straight you do" He said with his mouth full.

"Youngbae!" Bom yelled again, giving him one more slap on his upper arm. "No cussing in front of the kid!"

Dara looked at Bom who was glaring at Youngbae. Why couldn't they realize that she wasn't just a little kid? She may be the youngest, but she is really mature for her age. At least she thought she was, but sometimes it seemed like she was the only one who thought so. She sighed as she picked up the pizza from the plate, but it accidently slipped out of her hand and landed on the floor. She leaned over the table and looked at it. "Oh ".

Bom gasped loudly as she stared wide-eyed at Dara, Youngbae having the same reaction as her. After coming over the shock of hearing Dara curse, Bom glared at Youngbae. "See what you did now?! This is your fault!" 

"How is this my fault?!" Youngbae shouted back at her, defending himself. 

"I don't curse, so obviously she gets it from you!" Bom stood up and slammed her palms into table, startling Dara. Dara pulled her knees up to her chest as she watched her brother and her sister-in-law fight. As other normal couples, they had their fights, but they always made up again. But this time she was feeling guilty. The reason they were fighting was her fault. Just because she wanted to prove to them that she was mature, she had dropped the f-bomb. But now she regretted it. Saying that word didn't actually make her feel like an adult, it only made her seem more like a kid, which was what she was trying to avoid. But Youngbae cursed pretty often, and he seemed like an adult, so she had figured that was the reason. But it wasn't. 

"Excuse me?" Youngbae stood up, leaning over the table as Dara looked back and forth between Youngbae and Bom. "You don't curse?" He pretended to laugh, but a few seconds later he frowned. "Don't lie, Bom. It's not nice to teach kids how to lie" He said, mimicking the tone she had used at him earlier. 

She groaned as he ran her hand through her blonde hair that had pink stripes in it. "Why can't you ever take some responsibility and apologize instead of turning it all on me?! You always do that, you never take the blame yourself!"

"That's because this is not my fault!"

"It never is! It's always everyone else, but never you! If something goes wrong, you always blame it on someone else!"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter