Chapter 1

The Delusional Writer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara let out a sigh as she rested her head in her palm, glancing at the board, not having the slightest clue what the teacher was writing. Despite her nerdy look, she wasn't the smartest one in the class. Like the rest of her classmates, school wasn't the highest priority for her, and she would always let her thoughts wander off. If she was bored, she would either look out the window or look at the students in her class, just staring at them to see what they were doing. She learned about people that way. Absorbing people from a distance is a really good way to learn about them.

 

Sure, it sounds a little stalkerish, but when you talk to someone, how can you really know they're not putting on an act? That they're not just fooling you with their fake personality? A boy who seems sweet, gentle and cute can be a , and a boy who looks really bad and scary, can actually be really nice. Looks can fool you, and so can people.

 

But by observing them from afar, you can learn their true personality, because everyone lets their guard down when they're not surrounded by other people, and that gives everyone a perfect chance to learn who is worth befriending and who is not. Dara had actually learned a lot about her class that way.

 

There was Ken, nicknamed 'Barbie Ken', because of his looks, his personality, and not to mention, his giant ego. A lot of girls were always around him, swarming around him like flies, and he definitely didn't hate it. But what Dara had learned about the pretty boy, was that when he thought no one was watching, he wasn't so pretty and flawless after all. She had almost screamed in her class when she caught him picking his nose. That was definitely not something you expected from the kingka of the school. Gross, right? 

 

Then there was Nara, another girl who seemed really obsessed with the gothic terms, and vampires. She always stood out, with her black, short hair sticking out, having tons of piercings in her lip, eyebrows, tongue, ears, nose... and probably more places that Dara had never seen, and prayed she would never see either. She always wore a black lolita dress that reached her thighs and long, black boots that went up to her knees. Her face wasn't only drowning in piercings, she always had heavy make up on. Red lips, black eyes, drawed on eyebrows and a lot of white powder to hide her red cheeks. But in class, she had noticed something, and that was that Nara was staring at Ken, like all the other girls did, except she never approached him. Though there was white powder splattered all over her face, she could always see a little red on her cheeks when she was staring at Ken. Definitely having a crush on him.

 

And like that, she had learned about all the students in her class, but there was one who stood out the most to her and that was the boy sitting in front of her. Jiyong. This boy was definitely a mystery to her, and that bothered Dara. He was the only one who never let his guard down, so she could never figure him out. He would always look down in his desk and writing something that seemed like a manga script. This boy was the one she enjoyed watching the most, because he was like a giant puzzle she had to solve. Fascinating, annoying, captivating, she couldn't really decide whether she liked him or disliked him.

 

He got her attention, there was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter