Chapter 23 : Mall Date? Part 1

I Don't Like Him-right?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was waiting for his manager in the garden, alone. Last he checked, Clara was still getting ready.

"Girls. They're all the same aren't there." He mumbled as he put on his cap. He doesn't get it why it takes a long time for Clara to get ready while he got ready in 10 minutes even though he had to disguise himself. A few minutes later, Clara came and hits Baekhyun to make space for her.

"You're late." Baekhyun said scooting over to the end of the picnic bench.

Clara looks at him with her eyebrow raised and points to herself, "Me? Oppa is not even here yet."

"Yeah. But I got here first. So you're late. What took you so long anyway?"

"Shish. Hey, you're early today because you didn't put on any eyeliner. Oops..I mean manliner~" Clara teased, stucking her tongue out.

Baekhyun rolls his eye, "Whatever. I see you're wearing eyeliner now. I'm surprised you managed not poking your eye with it anymore. But, eyeliner doesn't helps you. You still look ugly."

Clara scoffs at Baekhyun's remark, "Yah. I was 13 at that time. What do you expect? I'm not like Kim Taeyeon, you know. I bet she started wearing make-up when she was in pre-school or something." 

Baekhyun's face immidiately falls hearing his ex-girlfriend's name being mention. Clara noticed and felt extremely guilty,

"Err..not that Kim Taeyeon...Kim Taeyeon from SNSD? You like her--"

"Just stop." 

Clara gives a weak nod before taking her phone out, acting busy when she was actually still checking on Baek. A few seconds passed in silence and finally Baekhyun speaks up.

"I think I should call hyung.."

"Yeah. You do that." 

On their way to the mall, Exo's manager was telling Baekhyun and Clara some rules to hang out at the mall, which they were obviously not listening to. Baekhyun was still moody and Clara was still afraid to speak with him. Tsk. Typical Clara.

"Are you guys listening?" Minwoo asked.

"Yes hyung/oppa." Clara and Baekhyun replied at the same time.

"What did I say Clara?" 

"Er..do not walk far away from you?" It was more of a question than an answer really.

"Clara Kim, can you pay more attention? You should--" Once again, he repeated the rules that both Baekhyun and Clara didn't even care.

"Eh. Wait a second. Why can't I enter a shop alone? I understand about Baekhyun..but me? I can take care of myself." Clara protested. 

Baekhyun glared at Clara, "You're hyung's sister."

"So?"

"What do you mean by, 'so?' You live with us, someone might follow you home or something. Thus, making the rest of us in danger."

"What do you think the freak'ng two security checks people have to go through to enter our neighbourhood is there for? For fun?" 

"What if we get trapped in the mall or something?"

Clara rolled her eyes, "You really think you're that popular.."

Baekhyun's eyes widened, "Yah! Kim Jinmyun! You--"

"You two!! Stop!!" 

The two cute idiots friends stop bickering and pouted. (this two. I swear. Why so cute? wkwk) 

Minwoo sighed and rubbed his temples, "Aish. I'm still surprised why I'm still alive." 

His co-worker (aka Exo's other manager who was driving) nodded to his statement. Both Clara and Baekhyun ignored them and pretended to be busy with their phone. 

Baekhyun was staring at his wallpaper, (which I might add is a picture of SNSD keke) while Clara was taking selcas, a habit she obtained after spending almost a year with the vain Jang Yumi.

Somehow that day, the mall was quite empty, probably because it was a school day. 

"Do you guys have something in mind?" Minwoo asked as they leave a shop empty handed for the sixth time.

Clara shooks her head while Baekhyun shrugs.

"Can we..eat? Please...." Clara said blinking a couple of times, attempting to be cute. And of course, Baekhyun falls for it. 

"No. We need to go home before someone recognize Baekhyun." Minwoo replied, sternly.

Clara pouts and looks at Baekhyun for help. She knows Baek will help her. He always does.

'It'll work right? No? Ehh..ppalli..I'm freaking starving right now..'

Baekhyun was trying his best not to fall for Clara.

'No Byun Baekhyun. No.'

Clara went closer to Baekhyun, "I'll die in exactly 10 minutes if I don't get food." She mumbled slowly but loud enough for Baekhyun to hear.

"Just die then.." He mumbled in reply.

Let's be honest here, Clara isn't really that cute, lovable, full of manner kind of girl like Jinjoo or Eunhye. She was more of the 'You wanna die?' kind of girl. And she was dying to kill Baekhyun or atleast 'high five' Baekhyun's pretty face but he was the only chance for her to get some food. The only chance for her to survive the hunger games. (Did I jus

Please log in to read the full chapter