Chapter 20 : Babysitting

I Don't Like Him-right?
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey. What time is it?" Clara asked lazily, still laying on Yumi's king size bed. Since Exo has a schedule after school, Clara decided to hang out with Yumi at her house. Jinjoo being busybody, decided to join in too. And Eunhye..she lives across the street, so why not? 

Jinjoo glances at the clock, "It's..8.30?!! What?!" 

Everyone in the room immidiately sits up, staring at the clock. Eunhye hits Jinjoo's head, "Yah! It's 6.40!"

Yumi and Clara was rolling on the floor laughing. Literally rolling on the floor. Laughing.

"Jinjoo-ah..Do you even know how to read a clock?" Yumi said in between laughs.

"I can!! It's just! The longer hand looks similar to the shorter hand!" Jinjoo said defending herself.  

"Sure it is.."

"It is!!"

"No.."

"It is!!"

"Yah you two. Stop." Eunhye says as she throws a pillow towards the two.

Clara gets up and brushes her jeans. "Let's go home.."

Jinjoo and Yumi was still fighting. Silently. Since they do not want to get on Eunhye's nerves. 

"Are the boys back?" Being the oldest, Eunhye does all the worrying for the 3 girls beacuse the other three just do things without thinking. For example, the incident where Jinjoo walked all the way to the mall because she wanted some popcorn. And it was raining. Or the one where Clara insisted to stay in Yumi's bathroom for 3 hours because Yumi forgot to close her dog's cage and her dog literally jumped on Clara while they were doing their maths homework.

"Probably not..but whatever. Jinjoo can stay with me until they come back." Clara said packing her stuffs.

"And then what? Jinjoo walks back to her house?" 

Clara and Jinjoo just shrugs. They find nothing wrong with it.

"It's dangerous! What if they come back late!"

Jinjoo and Yumi does the 'oh-really?' look and continued playing their game of monopoly.

"Her house isn't that far..Unnie, can you stop worrying?"

"Yup..you sound like my mum.." Yumi said agreeing with Clara. Eunhye glares at Yumi and Yumi raises her hands in surrender.

"Hey, have you seen my phone?" Eunhye shooks her head, Yumi and Jinjoo..well..they just ignored Clara. Clara starts running all over Yumi's room searching for her phone.

"Hey!!" Yumi screamed as Clara turns the monopoly board over searching for her phone.

"Unnie! We were on our last round..." Jinjoo whined.

"Are you sure you have it with you when you came to school?" Eunhye asked, knowing how forgetful Clara is.

Clara sits on the bed in defeat and starts recalling everything that happened that day, hoping she would remember where her phone is. 

"It was with me when we left the house...but I can't remember if I have it during school.."

"Maybe you left it in the car." Jinjoo said, cleaning the monopoly pieces.

"Nah...she had it before recess because I remembered playing candy crush on her phone in class." Yumi said letting Jinjoo do all the work while she sits casually on her bean bag.

"Oh ya..that's right..And she gave it back to me..and..during recess.."

"You went to the library or somewhere because you weren't at the canteen." Eunhye added.

"Library..did I still have it? Oh yes..I checked twitter..and..aha!"

"What?" The other three girls stop what they were doing at turned all of their attention to the shortest of them all.

"He didn't give it back to me didn't he? That piece of walking bacon." Eunhye,Jinjoo and Yumi exchange glances as Clara angrily throws her book into her bag.

"Choi Jinjoo!! Let's go home!" Clara takes her bag and stomps her way out of Yumi's room. Jinjoo rolls her eyes but follows Clara anyway. She doesn't want to walk home alone for sure.

"Ergh. I have to go down..and lock the door.." Yumi says as she lazily walks out of her room leaving Eunhye alone. 

(To the future..Lol..Two days later...)

Clara was sitting in the corner, the same corner where Baekhyun used to sit and eat to avoid Clara. She was sulking and looking out at the window watching the raindrops fall. It was Sunday. The picnic day. Well, the boys didn't really agreed, but she knew she would figure something out and make them agree but..unfornutaely it rained. Since the very moment Clara opened her eyes, the rain has been pouring. And, to make it worse, she couldn't even go out with the girls since something came up and they're busy. Well, except for Jinjoo. She was just taking the rainy mood in and was having a marathon of sad movies.

So, Clara has been spending her day staring out the window, counting the raindrops. 

 The boys were spending their day off lazily sleeping and playing video games. Nobody dared to talk to Clara, not even Baekhyun and Kai. Just as Suho thought Clara was going to eventually fall asleep (like she usually does) the door bell rang. 

"Ergh..who is it?" Kai, who just woke up because of the bell, groaned.

"I'll get it~ Just go back to sleep Kkamjong!" Clara screamed, weirdly, she sounded happy. Suho scratches his head, looking at his sister's sudden change of mood. He never understood his sister, and he thinks he'll never will.

Clara opens the gate, letting a car inside the house compound, now, the older boys were starting to pay attention, wondering who came. A few minutes later, the car left and they can hear Clara from the roofed area of the house compound, infront of the house door.

"Kaja..Let's go inside.." Clara said as she entered the door holding some paperbags, with a small girl behind her. The boys immidiately turned their attention to the unknown kid. (Everyone except for Kai, because he's sleeping.) The girl hids behind Clara's leg, embarassed by the sudden stare from the 11 pairs of eyes. Clara locks the door and pats the girl's head trying to tell it would be okay.

"This is Eunhye unni's little sister~ And we'll be babysitting her today~" Clara said smiling like nothing was wrong.

"We?"

"Well..technically me. But, whatever." She answered shrugging her shoulders. The boys exchange glances. Clara? Babysit? The only sentence that makes sense with the two words is 'Clara being babysit.' Not the other way around. She can't even take care of a fish! How can she even take care of someone else sister?

Suho and Chanyeol got up and went closer to Clara and the Eunhye's sister.

"Annyeong~ I'm Chanyeol.." Chanyeol said showing his pearly white teeth. She must have found the tall,giantic and smiley Chanyeol scary because right after Chanyeol introduced himself, she hugged Clara's leg, which made Chanyeol recieve a few chuckles from the boys and a "Wow. Chanyeol. You scared her."

Clara glared and Chanyeol and touches her shoulder "Kenchana..he's not scary..or creepy..he's just.." Clara stops for awhile trying to find the right word to describe Chanyeol. "Tall..and annoying..And..okay..I give up. He's creepy.." 

They can hear the her giggling softly at Clara's description of Chanyeol. Slowly, she peeks to see the boys, and finally stands beside Clara. Suho squats down to eye level with her.

"Hello..what's your name?" Clara gives Suho an awkward look at her brother's weird 'hello'.

"Gaeun.." She mumbled. 

"Gaeun?! " Chanyeols said, a little to hype. Clara once again glares at Chanyeol when Gaeun looks a little frigthened at Chanyeol's sudden scream.

Suho smiles and introduces himself, "I'm Joonmyun but you can call me-"

"Suho Oppa?" Gaeun suddenly looks at Clara. Clara stares at the Gaeun for awhile trying to figure out what she meant. After seconds passed, she finally understood and nods her head, smiling like a clown. Suho looks at his sister, puzzled. Clara just grins.

"How do you know my name, Gaeun?" He softly asks.

"Suho Oppa is my unnie's husband." She says innocently. Suho stares at Clara with a surprise expression while the boys fall into laughter. Clara just shrugs innocently and hushes the boys, trying not to hurt Gaeun's feelings.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Jinmyun. I'm going to kill you." He mumbled. Clara's jaw drop. 'Did my brother just say that? My big bro. Joonmyun. Just said that. To me.'

"Hey..I. Clara Kim, Certainly didn't teach her that." Clara said defending herself. It wasn't her fault the innocent Park Gaeun just blurted that out. She didn't expect that either. Suho gives Clara a suspicious look. Clara swiftly and quickly changes the topic.

"Can I have your bag Gaeun-nie? I'll keep it upstairs and you can wait here with.." She looks around the room for the perfect to be in charge of Gaeun. "...Suho Oppa." 

Gaeun looked around and shook her head, holding Clara's hand tightly. 

"Please~ Wait here with Suho Oppa. He'll introduce you to the other oppas." Gaeun took awhile to agree with Clara but finally gives in. Clara smiles and gives two paperbags to Chanyeol.

"Yah! This is Gaeun's toy. Play with her." She said before running up the stairs with Gaeun's pororo bag. Suho smiles at Gaeun and leads her to the middle of the tv area. The boys including Kris smiles at Gaeun, trying to make Gaeun feel comfartable. 

Suho was still surprised by what Gaeun said. 

I guess Eunhye really is a fan of mine..

Clara shooks her head at the various types of snacks and food Eunhye packed for her sister.

"Nuggets..sausages..Are we going for a picnic or something?" She mumbled as she sorted the food and snacks.

"I want one nugget." Baekhyun said appearing behind Clara.

"Why do you keep magically appearing behind me lately?" Clara asked annoyed. Where ever she goes, Baekhyun just suddenly, magically appears behind her. 

"Is this all Gaeun's? Well, I don't think Gaeun will mind if I take one nugget.." Baekhyun ignores Clara and takes a nugget before leaving the kitchen to the living room.

"Stalker.." Clara mumbled as she follows him into the living room.

In the living room, the boys was playing with Gaeun.

Erm..I guess you can put it that way.

Gaeun was in her little own world playing with her soft toys with Suho looking out for her and some of the boys was playing with Gaeun's toys. They somehow find the walking and dancing lion interesting. Chanyeol,Baekhyun and Chen was playing with some blocks and building some kind of building (?) And the more 'mature' ones just stared at the toys (secretly wanting to play with them) 

Clara came back with a bowl of honey stars and puts it beside Gaeun. Gaeun takes a honey star and pretends to feed it to her soft toy before eating it herself. Clara destroys ChanBaekChen's building before sitting beside Gaeun.

"Hey!!"

Clara stucks her tongue out before turning her attention to her brother and Gaeun.

"Unnie! Do you remember her name?" Gaeun says pulling Clara's sleves while pointing to her fluffy white bear.

Clara nods and answers in an aegyo tone, "Baeksul~" (A/N: Let's be honest here, I know nothing about soft toys name because most of my bears are named after people *lol* And I actually googled to find a name for the bear. *i'm weird, i know* And..Baeksul Gwangjanim aka Snow White just fits the bear..wtf? =.= Just ignore me. But anyway Baeksul means Snow.. *the last time I checked*) 

Baekhyun throws a cushion at Clara, "Yah. Never. Do. That. Again."

"Wae?! The bear's name is Baeksul~ And we have to pronounce it like that, right Gaeun?" Gaeun nods lightly to Clara's question.

"Baeksul~" Gaeun says. 

"See?" Clara stucks her tongue out at Baekhyun and hugs Gaeun's shoulders. Gaeun giggles and pushes Clara away. Clara pouts and eats some of Gaeun's honey stars.

Suho chuckles, "Is Clara unnie always like this?" It was his tenth time trying to talk to Gaeun but everytime he asks Gaeun something, Gaeun either ignores him or asks where Clara is.

"Mhm. She always fight with Yumi unnie.." To his surprise, Gaeun actually answe

Please log in to read the full chapter