Chapter 7

Freedom and Power

**** (Myungki) ****

 

Elix and I stood in silence outside the door of Chanyeols's apartment, waiting for Woohyun to give us the clearance to enter. He had been informing us every so often about what was going on inside. I was getting impatient, so I decided to contact him once more before going in. "Woohyun, how are things looking in there?"

 

"I'm not sure. There was a fight between that Kris guy you told us about earlier and Chanyeol. One of the guys put something on Chanyeol's wrist, and it looked like all of his energy just drained from his body. I don't know what happened."

 

"Is it small and silver, kind of looks like a bracelet?"

 

"Yes?" Oh no, this can't end well.

 

"Great, now not only is Chanyeol captures, but he also can't use his powers! He's screwed!"

 

"You've got a short bit of clearance, but with Chanyeol's attitude and stubborness it's not much."

 

"You've got my back right?"

 

"Of course I'll get the other guys on standby outside the door."

 

"Ok, I'm going in" I turned off my walkie-talkie and put it in my pocket. I looked at Elix and sighed. Be quiet. Let's go" She nodded and followed close behind me as we entered the apartment cautiously. Upon entering the living room, we saw the three people Woohyun had informed us of, facing away from us.

 

"Kai?!" Elix yelled. "Elix! I said be quiet!" But it was too late. Everybody's eyes were on us. Chanyeol was the first to speak. "Myungki?! What are you doing here?"

 

"Saving your ! What does it look like?"

 

I guess Kris decide he had had enough yelling for one day because he let out one final yell, so loud I thought my ears would bleed. "BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" Everybody looked in the direction of Kris, who was now fuming. I scoffed at his order. "You don't get to make the orders Kris."

 

"Oh ya? And who makes that call?"

 

"Right now? Me."

 

"Says who Flameball?"

 

"Me and my team of six"

 

"Is that so? As I see it, there is only two people on your side and one of them is under our control." Kris smirked and looked at Kai then back to me. "Take care of them Kai."

 

"No Kris. I'm done." Everybody turned to Kai and watched as he tore his dog tags away from his neck. "I'm done being your follower. I'm done hurting people. Do you know how stupid it is to be afraid of somebody weaker than you? And what for? Because he has killed people? Anybody can do that! Chanyeol's done it, Myungki's done it, hell, even I've done it! Are you scared of any of us? No you're not, so why him? Do you enjoy hurting people?" Kai looked at the floor, then tossed his tags at Kris.

 

Kris caught them and glared at his former friend. "You're going to regret this Kai." Kai looked at him with teary eyes. "That's not for you to say, whether I will or not, now you have three seconds. Get out before I change my mind and kill you myself." One by one Kai raised his fingers. On the second one, Kris growled and flew through the giant picture window, shattering it all over the living room.

 

"Kris wait!" Kai yelled. Kris stopped, hovering right outside the window, and looked back.

 

"Tell Luhan I'm sorry."

 

"Tell him yourself!" Nobody spoke as Kris disappeared from sight. I was in shock at what this Kai dude had just done. People would, without a doubt, be after him now too. I cleared my throat and walked to Chanyeol. "Are you ok Chanyeol?" He nodded. He surely didn't look ok, he looked like the cap to his bottle of emotions had been torn off. "If you're sure you're ok, we need to leave." Without another word Chanyeol went to his room and closed the door. Something was definitely wrong with him, but as cold as it sounds now was not the time to deal with it.

 

"Hey you!" I shouted, speaking to Kai. He turned to me, looking frightened. "I suppose you want me dead right?" I rolled my eyes. "No, you're coming with us."

 

"Why though? I mean, I assume you know what happened."

 

"Do you want them to come back and kill you? If not come with us, I will have my maknae check you when we get where we are going."

 

"Where is that exactly?"

 

"You will see when we get there" Kai nodded and bowed to me. I raised an eyebrow at him when he straightened up, then brushed it off and called Woohyun on my walkie-talkie. "You guys can come in now. I have new missions for you." Next thing I knew four guys barreled through the door, gaining all of the attention. I sighed and ran a hand down my face. "Guys! Line up!" I demanded, snapping my fingers at them. They all assumed formation and lined up in front of me. "Good, now I have new jobs for-"

 

"What happened to Chanyeol's window?" Suho interrupted. I glared at him, making him toss his hands in the air in surrender. "That's a subject for a different time. Now, I need Gongchan and Suho to run up to my apartment and grab my emergancy bags. They are in the very back of the closet in my guest room." They both nodded. "Now Heechul and Woohyun, I need you to take this guy-" I walked to Kai and put my hand on him shoulder. "-to Siwon's place and have Sehun check him out." Just like that they took Kai and left.

 

I looked around and saw Elix sitting on a chair being uncharacteristically quiet. "So you choose now to be quiet?" She smiled at me and nodded. "Yup, so what now? Is everything done?" My smile dropped. "As much as I wish it were, it's not even close to the truth." I groaned and plopped down on the couch. Seconds later Chanyeol burst out of his room, making Elix and I jump. "Let's go." He said.

 

"Yes, let's go." I waved two fingers at the two of them over my shoulder, signaling them to follow. We took the elevator to the parking garage and met Suho and Gongchan at my car, they were each holding a black bag. Everybody piled into my SUV and we left the garage. "Chanyeol, I need your help to get there, I have only been there once and it was dark." I looked over at him and he was asleep with his head against the window. Any other time I would have been angry at him for falling asleep at a time like this, but he had been through a lot today, so I let him continue his nap.

 

I called Sehun for help, considering he did a lot of work there, so he would know the way. I listened to the irritating dial tone for too long before he answered. "Hello?"

 

"Sehun, it's Myungki. I need directions." I heard him mockingly laugh at me. "Where are you now?"

 

"I just left the apartment building."

 

"Ok, keep going straight until you come to a cafe with a panda on the window, then turn right. From there you go down to that bar we do business with. Next door is a garage, and if you're in your car, it should automatically open. Pull inside and the rest is taken care of. Did you get all of that?"

 

"Yes, thank you. Bye Sehun." I hung up and concentrated on driving. The place was easier than I thought to find. I knew, by the sign painted on the garage door, that this was the place. As Sehun had predicted, it opened as soon as I was infront of it. I pulled in and the door closed behind me. "This is it?" Suho scoffed. I looked back at him and glared. "Hush up, just wait." Everything around us started slowly rising, or rather we started dropping. When we stopped I pulled the car forward and put it in park. "Well you guys this is it." I said and hopped out of the vehicle.

 

I looked around room we now accupied. I figured there would be a couple people down here, but it was just us. The room was just a giant square with grey brick walls and one giant metal door. I turned to look at my crew and Elix. "I want you guys to be respectful to these people, got it?" They all nodded. The door clicked open and we turned back to look at who was coming through it. It was Sehun. He had a huge grin on his face as he ran over and hugged me. "Noona! I missed you so much!" He shouted. He did this every single time he saw me, even if the last time I saw him was five minutes earlier. "I missed you too Sehun." I patted his head and he backed up a little bit.

 

"Where's Chanyeol?" I pointed to the car. "He fell asleep, he had a hard day."

 

"Ah, I see. I'm going to go wake him up." I nodded at him, then he ran over to the passenger side of the car and opened the door. All of us watched as Sehun climbed onto Chanyeol's lap and wrapped his arms around him. We all laughed at his childishness. "Where's my hug?" Another voice asked. I turned around and found one of my good friends Thunder standing in front of me with his arms spread out. I walked over and hugged him. "Where have you been? I heard something about GD, but not the whole story." I shrugged. "Nothing much happened. I was careless, needed some help escaping, then Chany-" My voice was cut off by load scream.

 

We all jumped and turned towards the two in the car. Sehun was flailing around and Chanyeol was tickling his sides. It amazed me how much Sehun could brighten up anybody's day. You wouldn't think at a first glance that he had that ability becuse of his expressionless face, but underneath he was a bundle of joy and happiness.

 

"Who is that?" Elix asked. "That would be Sehun." I said before yelling at him and Chanyeol to get out of the car. They walked over to us, smiling. "Sehun, this is Elix. Elix this is Sehun"

 

"Hello, Elix. I'm Sehun." He extended his hand to her. "I heard that when Monkey told me." Had I not told them all to be respectful? Did she not hear me? Maybe she was in a bad mood or something. "Elix be nice. Oh! This is Thunder!" I completely forgot he was there. He smiled brightly and stuck out his hand to her. She gladly took it without a second, making Sehun glare. I made a mental note to keep these two away from each other. "Sehun, have Heechul and Woohyun arrived yet?"

 

"Yes, the guy they brought he seems fine, physically and mentally."

 

"I think you're wrong about the mental part." Elix said, interrupting Sehun again. He glared at her and mumbled something under his breath. "Seriously guys?! I'm trying to speak here!"

 

"Guys be quiet so he can finish talking." I huffed. "Thank's Noona." I smiled and nodded.

 

"Anyways, he seems fine. He seemed really upset though. I mean., I understand after what just happened, but I would still keep an eye on him until we are sure."

 

"Alright then, Sehun show them inside please. I will be in shortly." He nodded and motioned for them to follow him. Chanyeol started to walk, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Not you Chanyeol, we need to talk."