Chapter 5

Freedom and Power

**** (Myungki) ****

 

Elix and I were walking dowtown on our way back to the SM building. Elix offered to teleport us back to the prison, but I refused due to the clear exhaustion written on her face, from our earlier escape. "Myungki, remind me again why we are going back to the god forsaken place." She whined "We are going to save my second in command."

She was silent after that. Right as we were about to reenter the building, I got this feeling like something was wrong. I grabbed Elix by the arm and pulled her back. "Ugh, what now?"

"We are going back to my apartment building."

"Ok dude. Are you bipolar? Have multiple personality disorder? Memory loss? Or something else because you are confusing the out of me! First, you want to drag me back to that hole prison because somebody you have known for nineteen years was there. Then, you basically say ‘never mind him, let’s go home’. What is with you?"

"You done?" I asked. She huffed and pouted. "Why are we back home anyways? Isn’t this guy your boyfriend or something? Leaving him behind would sooooo make you an extremely terrible girlfriend"

"He is not my boyfriend Elix, he is my best friend... I don't think he is here." She looked so confused, that in any other situation it would’ve been funny. "Just come on." I grabbed her arm and started dragging her to my apartment. She giggled a little, causing me to look back at her. When I looked forward again, instead of being met with the view of tall buildings, I was met with my face against a wall.

I immediately released Elix, bringing both of my hands up to cover my face. "Holy ing wall! How long has that been- Why did I just-… Wait, are we in my apartment?" After calming down, I realized my surroundings were awfully familiar. Why you ask? It’s because we were in my freaking apartment! We were just on the docks at the coast, and now we are in my house? "Elix?"

"Yes?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what Myungki?"

"Oh you know, teleport us back here at a place and moment where I would conveniently run into a wall in my apartment."

"Oh that. Well, I figured you wouldn’t want to walk all the way back after walking all the way there. You know?"

"Yet you don’t care if I run into a wall and potentially injure my face?"

"It was either that or outside of the window. The window of a tall building. The window outside of your penthouse apartment." I stuck my tongue in my cheek and raised a brow at her. Did she expect me to believe her because that is the worst lie I have ever heard. "Just for future reference, I would have preferred the window"

"I’ll remember to let you fall to certain death next time I teleport us somewhere" Was she stupid or something? "You do know I can fly don’t you?" She stared at me and blinked several times before speaking. "Oh ya, I forgot. Don’t we have a person to save Myungki?"

"Crap! Yes, but we need a plan first"

"Psh, please, we’ve got this. We can totally take them"

"Oh you mean how we handled them when they captured us?" She glared at me then threw her hands up in defeat. "Alright fine! Let’s make a plan!"

 

**** (Chanyeol) ****

 

"Where is she?" Kris growled. "How should I know?"

"You're her second aren't you? Isn't it your job to know where she is?"

Kris harshly pulled me from my chair, then shoved me face down to the floor and sat over me. Pressing my face into the carpet, he leaned down to my ear. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now." He demanded through clenched teeth.

"Well for starters, I could have this place swarmed in no time and if that isn’t a good enough reason for you, then maybe the fact that I am your only way to Myungki is" He stood and wrapped his fingers in my hair to pull me up. It didn’t feel good, not one bit. It was evident that he didn’t care though because he kept his hand in my hair as he led me to my room and threw me on the bed. That was the last straw. As soon as he left the room, I got off the bed.

I sat on the floor with my back leaned against the bed and ran my hands along the underside of its wooden frame. When my hands made contact with the cold, metal object I sought, I immediately got to work on escaping from the handcuffs. Once they were off, I slid them under my mattress and sat back on the bed, leaning against the headboard with my hands behind my back.

I kept a firm grip on my picking tool the whole time I waited. This pick had gotten me out of some sticky situations. I’m talking like gum in your hair sticky, and it’s about to help me out again. I had been sitting, unmoved from my position for half an hour when Kris came in. He was scowling and I couldn’t help but make a smartass remark. "What’s with the face? Oh, I know, you're worried that if I get loose that I'm strong enough to beat you."

"Shut up, moron."

"Well, it's a valid fear I guess. I would be scared of me too." I trailed off at the end when Kris looked beyond pissed. He walked over and yanked me off the bed. My hands instinctively went to grab his wrists. Looking down at my now uncuffed hands, he glared at me. I was ready for the fight that was about to happen, but I didn't want it.

I smiled and leaned away from Kris. My smile turned into a smirk as my eyes went from brown to deep red. I extended my hand toward Kris, palm up. An orange ball of flame appeared around my hand, burning Kris. He jumped back with a gasp. I rubbed my hands together briefly and savored the feeling as the warmth spread to my other hand. Kris scoffed "Do you honestly think you can beat me? Myungki couldn’t even beat me. What makes you any better?" That was the end of my patience.